• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MC Credits System

mapguy

Awesome Player
Just an idea I thought I would throw out there for discussion. There are endless possibilities that come to mind. Bringing in a monetary element into the game, would go far to separate MC from all the other "Risk" sites out there.

One possibility could be that you could buy, (if you had enough money), barbed wire to erect on some of your territs. This would give you 3 dice as a defender.

Money could be used throughout the site as a way to open up trade with other players. Hell, you could even use it as payment for such things as babysitting or avi and sig creations. I bet that we would see a lot less AWOLS if money was to be made for babysetting. You could even make it so that a player with 2 missed turns could be taken over as a "babyset" and give money to the person who picks up the babysetting duties for the game. Each game could pay money for each entry, so that money would be up for grabs to anyone that grabs the game.

There could even be a leaderboard for the richest players. What if players could play for money ? They could ante into the pot and winner take all, or top 3 could decide to split it up however they wish.

This "Money" is play money of course, and could be used for various things at Major Command. Please feel free to throw your ideas up. This is just a brainstorming thread, so any ideas are welcomed, even if they seem silly or not fully worked out.

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I could see, way down the road some elements that would allow you to add barbed wire or other such resource management. However, I am not infavor of any system that allows players 'with more money' to have a strategic advantage over other players in the game.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
There are elements of this idea that I like, and some that I don't. For starters, there was another site with a game much like ours at which you paid for credits and you could turn your credits in for troops. As somebody who wanted to play a strategy game, and not a pay-to-win game, I found this distasteful.

I wouldn't mind seeing a credit system that did not influence the outcome of any games, but that did allow players to put some "skin in the game" as they say. There's been talk of using points to ante into games or tournaments, but as points are intended to reflect skill at the game - not wealth. Perhaps having transferable credits (or some other kind of play money) to ante or even wager with would be be preferable to using points.

I'm guessing that in addition to winning credits through wins, one could purchase credits, acquire them in exchange for services for the site, or transfer them to other users. If you can simply buy credits it would render any kind of leaderboard meaningless, but creating a free market of credits would be interesting.

coolname

Awesome Player
I like the idea of money in MajCom if it is used in auctions. Every player starts with X money and territories are auctioned of. Like a fantasy deploy. I guess you could do that without money & snake-fashioned (player picks first, than player 2 etc, last player in picking a territory in round 1 gets to pick first in round 2, where order is reversed).

Another twist would be the ability to bribe enemy troops to convert to you (new meaning to Mercenary games). You would also get cash of eliminated players.

So I mainly see money as an in-game twist, added wrinkle to strategy. I guess you could also have some territories generate revenues (Congo = more gold). So some clusters of regions will get you cards, some territories will get you cash.

mapguy

Awesome Player
I could see, way down the road some elements that would allow you to add barbed wire or other such resource management. However, I am not infavor of any system that allows players 'with more money' to have a strategic advantage over other players in the game.
Like I said, No ideas are silly or meant for serious discussion at this point. My goal here is to flood the thread with any and ALL ideas. The merrits or lack there of can be discussed down the road.

So, let us just see how many different kernels we can come up with.

giuppi

Awesome Player
Another twist would be the ability to bribe enemy troops to convert to you (new meaning to Mercenary games). You would also get cash of eliminated players.

I like this!

lh34

Awesome Player
I like this as long as all players are on an equal playing field with regard to money.

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
i like the idea of wager games or tournaments with an entry fee, where the winner gets all of the points. maybe it could be like an arcade type scenario where majcom has a store and you can buy cool tshirts and vampire fangs with said points haha?

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I like where Jewmo's going with this. I am totally against it if it affects any aspect of the game play. Call me old school, but I just want to play risk the way it was intended to be played.

mapguy

Awesome Player
I propose that once an idea has a second, it be given its own thread so as to develop further. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess. So if you happen to see an idea that you like, start a thread about it. Maybe it will develop into a viable OPTION or something.