• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Master of the Maps - Clan Edition

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
You could make them singles games and whatever person wins his clan gets the win

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Whoopsy, I got caught up in my wishful thinking that we could.

Guess we're not playing merc or assassins games then GTI

That what i get for reading the Wiki without attempting it. Oh wiki master!! :) time for a update.

"Objective

The game's Objective determines how to win the game and to whom points are awarded. There are three different possible objectives.

NOTE: In teams games, Mercenary and Assassin are only available if there are more than two teams in the game

Standard: Only the winner of the game gains points, at the expense of all other players/teams.

Mercenary: Players gain points from every other player they eliminate. In team games, points are awarded for eliminating players, rather than teams.

Assassin: Each player is randomly assigned a target, who is highlighted in the Intel tab and noted privately in the Chatter tab. The winner is the player whose target is eliminated, even if by a third party. In team games, each team member is assigned a player on another team as a target, when one of the targets are eliminated, the team wins."

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
But, as was pointed out, those types of games are no longer available. There never were any team merc games, and team assassin games were banned except for in tournaments because, (and I quote Badorties here) "they are seen as predatory". :eviltongue:

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I didn't know about that, thanks for the heads up GTI, bet to remove it from the wiki before someone else gets as cornfuzzled as I was ;)

On a more pressing matter, I think that we should probably not play any assassins games in this competition, just normal assassins games are still confusing, just a couple of days ago we had a game where a long time player took out someone else's target.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I've done that more than once..... :dong: and I think it's safe to say that I've won more assassin games than anyone on this site.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
But, as was pointed out, those types of games are no longer available. There never were any team merc games, and team assassin games were banned except for in tournaments because, (and I quote Badorties here) "they are seen as predatory". :eviltongue:

Predatory? Damn, a good portion of the games I play seem predatory.

It sounded kinda fun on how to get a team to pin point a single target while keeping everyone on your team alive. Bummer.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Predatory? Damn, a good portion of the games I play seem predatory.

Yes, it could be argued that any team game with veterans teamed against noobs could be considered 'predatory', using Bado, et al.'s terminology.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Yes, it could be argued that any team game with veterans teamed against noobs could be considered 'predatory', using Bado, et al.'s terminology.

Let beanz have his thread back after this. But DAMN! Stop making the world safe and have everyone kiss kiss and be nice. That is not how you get better.

I enjoyed getting my but kicked by Dorcee adn Th_child on fixed force. If it wasnt for that learning experience i couldnt have won the triples fixed force on Nukes with you and Ndrmn.

Or getting by but kicked in your ever ongoing games of classic massive unlimited.

How the hell are you to learn unless you get preyed upon? Bring it on, prey upon me. Make me stronger so I can come back and kick your ass!

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I have to be honest, the sheer number of games involved in this competition is a bit offputting. I think a lot of my clan mates must feel the same way, since we only really have 2 people that seem up for it. If I were you, and in the interests of this competition being a success and going right to the end I might consider making it a bit smaller.

Also, I think we could benefit a lot from getting some new clans established. 6 active and competing clans would make for a lot more variety of games, since you don't all have to be in the one game each round, you could split them into different groups to rotate which clans play which.

Also, some publicity might not be a bad idea. Perhaps a dispach image, or even a mass mailing (we can mail everyone if necessary,lol) Emphasise the need for new clans. I'm sure people can assist in getting the clans formed if there's any hesitation on that front.

Oh, and I would sweeten the pot too. Points for winning teams, and maybe even a clan trophy. Nobody's ever won a clan trophy before... they get displayed on your clan page. We have the capability to do that, at least it seems that we do. We won't really know until we test it :)

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Yeah, what M said.

Or, we could just skip all the games and award the trophy to the League of Shadows. If you're all honest with yourselves, you'll have to admit that we're bound to win anyway.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
what a steaming pile of male bovine feces, lol

"None of our players want to play, but if we did we'd win"

Last edited:

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hmm ok, well I guess if we only have 2 from the league of shadows we won't be able to start tomorrow anyway so I'm going to
Push it back a week

I figured that with something like 10 players in each clan the way it is formatted it would only really equate to 1 game a fortnight on average for each player (possibly three at the maximum, but there'd be some fortnights where it'd just be 4 singles games and each clan would only need 4 players, so some would miss out)

I guess if you guys feel like that's still too many games we could tone it back a bit, I feel like it wouldn't be fair though if we played some games without all of the clans, so if we can I think we should keep every clan playing in every game.

The only way to cut down on games is to either extend the start time from a fortnight to maybe a month (which I think might split it up too much) or to maybe designate only 2 of the 4 clans to start games on each fortnight, in which case it'd take 88 weeks for us to finish, which is a long time.

Any other brilliant ideas on how to change it?
I guess I'll branistorm a bit more after my 8am exam tomorrow, but until then, I'll leave you guys to do the discussing...

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I wasn't suggesting that some 'rounds' be sat out by anyone, but rather that you on some rounds you could have two clans facing each other in each game, instead of all the clans facing each other each time. It might bring a bit of flexability into it and allow for some more variation.

But I was only making an observation really, of what I felt when reading about the challenge. I'm sure that many of the real majcom junkies won't mind the quite massive length. Like I say though it doesn't look likely that LoS will be playing so don't change anything on our account if the rest of you feel there's no problem here.

Word on the grapevine is there's a new clan being formed as we speak, with some truly skilled players, so hopefully at least you will have 4 clans participating.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
"Any other brilliant ideas on how to change it?"

Okay, may not be a brilliant idea. But definitely qualifies as brainstorming.

Currently you have 88 games planned. 4 settings times 22 maps. How about cutting it in half?

Still have all the options. 2 games start every forthnight from 2 of the clans instead of 4. Still keeps the short time frame you desire.

But instead of working the way through all the maps and settings, stop it after 44 games no matter what. That way the clans get to basically select the maps and settings they are most interested in. Thus keeping their interest longer.

The maps and settings not selected would be by default the ones which hold the least interest. I know I cringe at the thought of 24 player sixers on classic mini or middle east. Or 4 player singles on classic massive could be a blood bath for some considering the amount of deploy.