• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Master of Maps: Conquer the World! doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
9T5Pema.png

Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Tamerlane, Atilla the Hun, Cyrus the Great, Julius Caesar, Hannibal, Adolf Hitler and Napoleon Bonaparte all tried it... and failed!

It looks like it needs two to take over the world instead of one. Is your team up for the task? Can you conquer the whole world and rule? If you think so we put your names to the test!

How will this work?

- The grand game will be played on the Classic Evolved map.

- Your team will get three territories at the start of the game.

- Territories will be assigned randomly.

- Each round your team can send in their moving orders to airwick.

-You will get a message that the next round is up. You have 48 hours to send in your moving orders. Instructions on the rounds can be found in the third post.

- The number of moving orders depends on the territories your team holds:

1 – 2 territories = 1 moving order
3 – 5 territories = 2 moving orders
6 – 9 territories = 3 moving orders
10 – 14 territories = 4 moving orders
15 – 20 territories = 5 moving orders
21 – 27 territories = 6 moving orders
28 and more = 7 moving orders

- Unused moving orders cannot be used in the next round.

- If your team holds a command you are allowed to do more moving orders based on the command bonus. The command bonus will be added up to your total territories. If you hold Australia you get two more territories in total. Not two extra moves!

- Multiple attacks can be ordered out of one territory.

- Territories that are attacked by multiple teams end up in 2v2v2 and so on games.

- Defenders of the territory set up the game and are allowed to use the settings they desire, except for the choosing of the map.

- If a territory is neutral and more then 1 teams attacks it the game will be played on the map listed below with the settings one path escalite.

- If only 1 team attacks a neutral territory the territory is taken by that team without a battle.

- Attackers have 30 days to conquer the territory. If the territory is not conquered the defender wins and holds the territory. The ongoing game will go the defenders and attackers go AWOL.

- If there are more then 2 teams involved and the game goes on after 30 days with the defenders defeated in the game the territory is not conquered. The defenders keep their territory, but in this situation the other teams can finish the game to fight for the points.

- Diplomacy is forbidden in the grand game and in the individual games. So no treaties and diplo messages! For breaking this rule we use the rule of the 3 strikes and your team is out.

- The maps we use will assigned as follows: battle in Africa is map Conflict: Africa!, battle in Australia is map Australia and so on... List can be found below the map in de second post.

- Buy-in is 50 points per player, prize is winner takes all.

Prize is:

1500 points for the winning team

(750 per team member)

And a fancy MoM ribbon:
ynYxfgJ.png

Commanders and Strategists only.

This game is heavily inspired by Game of Games and the Metagame . Badorties and masterjskye, thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited:

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Grand Game Map

CEtLlcJ.png

Klondike, Nunavut, Greenland, St. Lawrence, Caribbean, : North America
Pacifica, Great Plains, Eastern Seaboard: USA
Mexico, Sunbelt: Mexican-American War
Colombia, Peru, Amazones, Parana, Bolivia, Argentina: South America
British Isles: British Isles
Iceland, Scandinavia, Central Europe: Europe Massive
European Russia, Eastern Europe : Cold War Europe
France, Iberia, Italy: Rivals of Rome
Balkans: Balkan Peninsula
Maghreb, Nile, Zaïre, The Horn, Madagascar, Cape of Good Hope: Conflict Africa
Yamalia, Sakha, Chukotka, The Stans: NUKES
Middle East, Arabia: Middle East
India, China, Mongolia, Indochina: Far East Asia
Manchuria, Japan: Sea of Japan
Borneo, East Indies, New Zealand: Philippines
Outback, Eastern Australia: Australia
Marie Byrd Land, Queen Maud Land, Wilkes Land: Mars

Last edited:

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Winners

After more then 3 years the world is conquered by:

:star:PITMAN212:star:
&
:star:sensadrome
:star:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Last edited:

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
History

Round 1:
f5Rghpp.png

Round 2:
sOrjBlv.png

Round 3:
uEyYr3M.png

Round 4:
TfElVCL.png

Round 5:
Be5qwqY.png

Round 6:
MbC8NcU.png

Round 7:
wfG55q7.png

Round 8:
UjjmU7D.png

Round 9:
QxuWIlg.png

Round 10:
BYSNbn8.png

Round 11:
4HEPuiC.png

Round 12:
Xxr9mW1.png

Round 13:
xaQ6NX7.png

Round 14:
rWaLaYq.png

Round 15:
pe9E20p.png

Round 16:
IVw8wXL.png

Round 17:
LEchgBV.png

Round 18:
tMtBouo.png

Round 19:
oT1MHbJ.png

Round 20:
MtIBazX.png

Round 21
2PieuNz.png

Round 22
VV2oXLX.png

Round 23
CiyITpU.png

Round 24
cWSp4qW.png

Round 25
xk8qRAw.png

Round 26
CXKuWf8.png

Round 27
pmKgyHB.png

Round 28
XdxSE1T.png

Round 29
yEP7Frn.png

Round 30
dxeiOeo.png

Round 31
Ut6Dds2.png

Round 32
epmVtlo.png

Round 33
tnqjSnt.png

Round 34
HyyWNe5.png

Round 35
hB1lZd5.png

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
A couple of questions.
1. I assume we send move order directly to master within 48 hours. I am kind of OCD at times, Master, can you send a confirmation you have received the orders and have no questions? It would greatly reduce my stress.

2. The defending team will then get notified of who is attacking them. Since 2 of my terts may be able to be attacked by up to 3 other teams at this moment, we may want different settings depending on if it is a 4, 6, or 8 person doubles match. How long do we have to decide the settings before sending out invites? While we can proactively plan, I just like clarification on the groundrules since there is a time limit of 30 days to finish the games in each round.

Thanks

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
A couple of questions.
1. I assume we send move order directly to master within 48 hours. I am kind of OCD at times, Master, can you send a confirmation you have received the orders and have no questions? It would greatly reduce my stress.

2. The defending team will then get notified of who is attacking them. Since 2 of my terts may be able to be attacked by up to 3 other teams at this moment, we may want different settings depending on if it is a 4, 6, or 8 person doubles match. How long do we have to decide the settings before sending out invites? While we can proactively plan, I just like clarification on the groundrules since there is a time limit of 30 days to finish the games in each round.

Thanks

1. Would be great if Master can do that.

2. When the 48 hours are over Master will send me the moving orders and I will post them in this thread on the first page. After I have done that you have another 48 hours to set up the games. After this 48 hours the 30 days will start.

I will update the rules etc. later today with more detailed information on how the rounds will work.

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Rules etc are updated. Please check the first page of this thread!

If you have questions, please post them here and not in private messages. Thank you!

Last edited:

sensadrome

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
OK, I got a question - if one territory attacks another and that one in turn attacks the original, what happens ? Are there 2 games to play ?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Another question.

"- Attackers have 30 days to conquer the territory. If the territory is not conquered the defender wins and holds the territory. The ongoing game will go the defenders and attackers go AWOL."

What if there are 3 teams in the game. The defenders are taken out before 30 days expire, but the other 2 attacking teams have not achieved victory. Is the game still a draw and the defenders retain the territory? And let the other 2 teams still battle for the points.....

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
OK, I got a question - if one territory attacks another and that one in turn attacks the original, what happens ? Are there 2 games to play ?

Yes, then there will be 2 games.

Another question.

"- Attackers have 30 days to conquer the territory. If the territory is not conquered the defender wins and holds the territory. The ongoing game will go the defenders and attackers go AWOL."

What if there are 3 teams in the game. The defenders are taken out before 30 days expire, but the other 2 attacking teams have not achieved victory. Is the game still a draw and the defenders retain the territory? And let the other 2 teams still battle for the points.....

Hmmm.... interesting point. Although the defenders are out of the game the territory is not conquered within 30 days. Therefore the defender retains the territory. I think in this situation it is fair that the other teams battle for the points.

Also another point: You can do more then one moving order from the same territory.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I just send our moving orders to masterjskye, is tht ok?

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Sending in moving orders for the first round is closed!

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
if 3 or 4 team are fighting for a neutral spot and there is no winner at the end of 30 days the neutral would retain control of the spot?

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
if 3 or 4 team are fighting for a neutral spot and there is no winner at the end of 30 days the neutral would retain control of the spot?

Yes!

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
If a bold team fails to set up a game within the 24 hours, is that a loss for them?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
If a bold team fails to set up a game within the 24 hours, is that a loss for them?

It is indeed within 48 hours. All teams will get a message today to set up the games. Let's see if how it runs before I decide how to act if a team doesn't set up the game.

I also got a message from gravity and TheGeneral. There was a failure in their communication and they asked me if they could order their moves for this round. I decided that it's okay. This means the game for Bolivia will be a game between 3 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.