• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Master of Maps: Battlefield Earth

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Let me raise my own reflection about dorcee drop out and taking her terts like no tomorrow by some of the players here who realized it long ago: it is the way we want to decide the big winner? By investigation who's playing/who's not and bugging those terts? Or by facing 1vs1 games, which all of us hate and love at the same time?

Not triing to create the great discussion, but just thinking on how dorcee terts must be changed hands. We could, as a proposal, reset them to neutral, so if you wanna conquer it you must beat a randomly choosen player on the tourney (as example, if I want one of his terts, I attack, and airwick (or myself, I can do so) tell you who's representing the neutral/dorcee tert. Additionally, attacker should créate the game, only in this case.

Well, Not 100% sure I agree with that, but the truth is, the simple lay of the land is favoring some over others in taking dorcee's terts. Sannheten in particular is positioned to make this a HUGE land grab, and in fact already is. Gaining 6 terts this round without playing a single game... Not sure that's really fair to the players who aren't lucky enough to be in position to take advantage.

MY solution, and feel free to disagree, of course; is to cancel this round and divide up dorcee's terts equally among every remaining player.

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
Thanks for posting Cards, always supernice to discuss different points of views. Actually, my point was on taking advantadge more tan in the solution. I also thing is not fair, actually if I had noticed that easy way I would have posted the same way. My point is taking, not a bunch but a single tert without battling, if majority is ok with that I'm ok, I'm not and is not the way I understand the game.

I also like your proposal to fix it, but mine would mean more games ;-)

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
I think that's fine the way it is. No need to change anything. Other players have dropped out in the past and those lucky enough to be nearby took the neutral terts. dorcee hadn't taken part last round, so the smart thing to do would have been to take a punt on her not taking part this turn too. sannheten was better placed to take advantage of this and did so. that's fine with me. not everything is evenly parcelled out in a real battlefield.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
also good luck for the future, dorcee and thanks for being a big part of this tournament over the past five years.
:ciao:

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Dear all,
It is sad to see Dorcee leave. She's been a hero ever since I started playing, for so many years.
As to the tourney, I am open to any solution. I see that this gives me options that others dont have, so my opinion should not decide :)

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I feel like reverting them to neutral is the right solution because that is how it has been played up to this point and is the status quo. I prefer Cards' solution if there hadn't already been precedence. Reverting to a random player would be more fun (every gets new reach in areas they may not be) and equitable than reverting to neutral, but would have been better had that been the standard from the beginning. My personal solution to any imbalance that occurs is to regulate that imbalance as much as I am able within the game.

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
First of all; sorry to see you leave Dorcee! I wish you the best!

Then about the terts... In previous rounds they turned to neutral when someone left the competition and could be taken by any other player that was next to the neutral tert. This time we are talking about a lot of terts. My suggestion is to cancel this round and make the next round about battling for this terts. I will set up games for every tert and invite all the remaining players to battle for the tert. This way we all have a equal shot on the terts and it makes it more exciting :)

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
First of all; sorry to see you leave Dorcee! I wish you the best!

Then about the terts... In previous rounds they turned to neutral when someone left the competition and could be taken by any other player that was next to the neutral tert. This time we are talking about a lot of terts. My suggestion is to cancel this round and make the next round about battling for this terts. I will set up games for every tert and invite all the remaining players to battle for the tert. This way we all have a equal shot on the terts and it makes it more exciting :)

Let me know what you think!

So, 23 6-player games for the terts? I like it
But 23 games at once might be more than some people want to take on. Maybe make it 2 rounds of 12 and 13?

Last edited:

dorcee

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Thanks guys! :)

I like your suggestion, airwick, I hope it will be an exciting round!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
I had a nice round and won 5 out of 6 regular games. But most were defending games so it does not make much difference.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Even 12 6-er games will be a lot at one time. Is there another way it could be done?

So, 23 6-player games for the terts? I like it
But 23 games at once might be more than some people want to take on. Maybe make it 2 rounds of 12 and 13?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
What about playing 6 games (since we are 6 players left). The winner of each game is awarded 4(3) terts.

Even 12 6-er games will be a lot at one time. Is there another way it could be done?

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Let's do 4 rounds with 6/5 games to play for the dorcee terts

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
Ok, sounds like a plan! Let the 6-way battles commence!

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Fun way to resolve this and to keep some fire alive in this tourney. And not that much extra playing really, relative to what we've already invested. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the time this is taking at all. This has been my favorite so far of all the meta-tournaments. Thanks again for all your time, air.