• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Master of Maps: Battlefield Earth

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
Im in this looks epic!

Oggyyy

Awesome Player
The Borg
This kind of thing is more up my street, I'm in.

bcr914

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I'm in ... probably crazy after taking someone's place in scalps and losing about 400 points :(

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'm in, thanks.

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
8 spots left!

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I was trying to stay away. But fine.

Shut up and take my points!!!

Runewolf

Awesome Player
I will also like to join, if possible! Amazing work, if I can say :)

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
I will also like to join, if possible! Amazing work, if I can say :)

You are welcome to join, but if you want in you have to upgrade to strategist or commander

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
Are there any rules about who goes first in these games, as there is a definite first player advantage in 1v1. I was thinking the defender going first would be the fairest way to do it.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Are there any rules about who goes first in these games, as there is a definite first player advantage in 1v1. I was thinking the defender going first would be the fairest way to do it.

Only thing with that is, it'd make a tremendous amount of 'dead' games every round for Sheriff to have to clean up. I guess I'm in favor of just letting the computer randomly assign who goes first, the advantage will even out.

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Only thing with that is, it'd make a tremendous amount of 'dead' games every round for Sheriff to have to clean up. I guess I'm in favor of just letting the computer randomly assign who goes first, the advantage will even out.

My thoughts exactly. Defender sets up one game and that's it. Otherwise it will take to much time and to much dead games.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
I disagree there will be too many dead games.

40 players, each can make one move = 40 games. Around half will be assigned to the defender automatically, so around 20 would need to be set up a 2nd time, half of those a third time and so on.

20+10+5+2+1 = around 40 dead games per round. No more than in the MajCom League. Seems a small task in return for making the games fairer, especially as this is escalate, rather than flat rate in the MajCom League. I think attackers should have to prove their mettle by going second.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I think, as I said, that the first turn advantage will even out. You win some, you lose some..... I don't see the need to send Sheriff 40 games (on avg) each round to delete.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I don't mind cleaning up games, it's easy enough. It just depends if you want to send me the numbers or not. If I get a message like this:

123445 212345 345354 432342 345654

Then it's quite simple.

Just make sure they are correct, or I'll delete someone else's games, and there's no going back!

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
I would have to agree with trail on this. I have played every season of Majcom League I don't think I ever had more than 5 games to delete in a season. It ultimately is up to airwick since he is game master and if there is a way newsheriff wants the game deletions sent to him to make easier for him then it can be posted up with rules. Just thought I would throw out my 2 cents

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I would have to agree with trail on this. I have played every season of Majcom League I don't think I ever had more than 5 games to delete in a season. It ultimately is up to airwick since he is game master and if there is a way newsheriff wants the game deletions sent to him to make easier for him then it can be posted up with rules. Just thought I would throw out my 2 cents

I had 5 games to delete once just to get one game started..... this just seems like an unnecessary complication to me.

40 players, each can make one move = 40 games. Around half will be assigned to the defender automatically, so around 20 would need to be set up a 2nd time, half of those a third time and so on.

20+10+5+2+1 = around 40 dead games per round.

In the first round. By round 3, quite a few people might have more than one attack. Your 'average' of 40 could easily be 60 by round 3 or 4.

Last edited:

flyboi

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Wow!!!! This sounds amazing. Great job airwick! Wish I had time to play. Good luck to all of you and may the best Commander win.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I don't have an opinion about who should go first, but one more thing to consider is if we explicitly give an advantage to the defender, it will only make the whole thing last longer (I guess it will, right?). We are talking about years here, guys. Probably years.

I'm in the doubles Master of Maps, it's been going on since last May, and we are not at the endgame yet. And it's on the MINI map, not on classic massive. If the mini map takes one year, how long this will take?

(And I know diplomacy will be forbidden, but I guess as we are all sane players, it will be easy to collude with others tacitly to prevent someone from getting too strong too early.)