• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

March Madness

mikediesel

Awesome Player
March is around the corner, and I was thinking it would be awesome to have a March Madness type tournament. The majcom team could select and seed the players, and the winner would have bragging rights as the top tournament player until next year, and of course a TON of points. Most likely not all of the top 64 will want to play, but medals, tournament points, etc could get fringe players invited. No 1 v 1 games though; luck is way too much of a factor. Something like Rimbauds 3 player fixed force tourney would be appropriate (making 63 players, but you get the idea). What do people think?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I think it should be team games, how many players are on the court at a time in basketball? I'm not a sports guy.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I think it should be team games, how many players are on the court at a time in basketball? I'm not a sports guy.

10, five from each team.

mikediesel

Awesome Player
Perhaps a trophy or badge would be cool to take home after winning something like this, and other tourneys. Or is that too much of a pain for the majcom crew? Something that you hold until the next person beats you, like a belt in boxing.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I like the idea, but I probably wouldn't join a tourney designed around 3-player games. I dislike the inevitable stalemates that occur. Make it 64 instead of 63 and you could avoid that. Four-player games takes you down to the 'sweet 16', four-player games to the 'final four', and one game for all the marbles...

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Perhaps a trophy or badge would be cool to take home after winning something like this, and other tourneys. Or is that too much of a pain for the majcom crew? Something that you hold until the next person beats you, like a belt in boxing.
Oooh, I love the idea of having a trophy that gets passed around... you have to defend it or you lose it. Something for our code jockeys to add to their to-do list!

mikediesel

Awesome Player
True that, Cardinals. I started this thread 2 months ago and I am still playing in the FIRST round of Rimbaud's tourney. We are in round 73. 4 players isj the way to go...16 games of 4, then 4 games of 4, then one final game. We could do one round escalate, one escalite, and one flate rate, or all the same setting. I am personally more of a flat rate guy, but I know a lot of top players like escalate. Its all good for me.

I like the idea, but I probably wouldn't join a tourney designed around 3-player games. I dislike the inevitable stalemates that occur. Make it 64 instead of 63 and you could avoid that. Four-player games takes you down to the 'sweet 16', four-player games to the 'final four', and one game for all the marbles...