• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Map special features

OneEyed

Awesome Player
there is post where are mentioned all game mechanics possibilities. but if I am right not all are available in current coding.

https://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Mapspecialfeatures#Double_Dipping

I try to sort them out, but if I am wrong please post your knowledge here.

Adjusted Region Bonus
Instead of the standard +1 for every 3 regions, with a minimum of +3, the region bonus amounts have been adjusted to award either more or fewer troops per region.
- does not works

Autodeploy / Decay
Troops are automatically deployed to or taken away from specific regions at the beginning of the possessing player's turn. A region cannot decay below 1 troop, unless that region is also a Killer Neutral.
- works. there is also conditional autodeploy (troops are automaticly deployed on specific region if another region (or combination of regions) is held or not held).

Bombardments
Some territories bombard instead of attacking. After the attacker wins in a bombardment the defending territory is replaced with a neutral army and the attacker cannot advance. Note that if the region can only bombard, you CANNOT use troops on that region as reinforcements.
- works

Breakouts
An icon or single region on the main map represents multiple regions, which are shown in an offset box.
- works

Build-a-Bonus
Rather than control an entire command, a player must only control a certain number of regions within that command.
- works

Conditional Commands
A command that only garners a bonus when held in combination with one or more commands.
- works

Conquest Gameplay
Players only start with a small number of regions and must fight their way through neutrals before reaching other players.
- I think this does not works

Dead Space
Certain regions are not part of any command.
- works

Double Dipping
A region or group of regions that are a part of multiple commands.
- works

Flexible Commands
A command that can be held by holding any combination of the territories. i.e. holding any three of the four tankers in The Balkan Peninsula gives a +1 troop bonus
- works

Inner Commands
Smaller commands that sit within larger Commands and, if held in combination with the larger command, award a troop bonus.
- works

Killer Neutrals
A region that starts as a neutral that, when taken, will revert to neutral at the beginning of the holding player's turn.
- works

Negative Bonus
A region or group of regions that, when held, will decrease the number of troops awarded for deployment. Note that regardless of how many of these are held, a player will always be able to deploy at least one troop.
- works

Nested Commands
Where a large command is broken up into subdivisions, hold one of the divisions for a small bonus and all of the command together for the full troop bonus.
- works

One-Way Borders
A region can assault and reinforce to another region, but not vice versa.
- works

Ranged Assault
A region can assault and reinforce to another region (and vice versa) though they are not physically connected on the map. This will often be represented as airports or helipads.
- works

Resource Commands
Unlike normal commands, which often depict real-world countries or continents, Resource Commands require specific regions or combinations thereof that might be spread all over the map.
- works

Special Commands
A command that is made up of regions that are not visibly connected or regions that might be situated within other commands. i.e. the two capital cities in The Sea of Japan map
- works

Starting Neutrals
Certain regions will always start neutral, usually to guide gameplay or to ensure against a player gaining a command on the drop.
- works

Starting Positions
Certain regions on a map will be coded such that players will start with one or more of a preset group of regions.
- does not works

Victory Condition
Players can win by holding a set of specified regions for one or more turns or fulfilling some other objective instead of eliminating the other players.

OneEyed

Last edited:

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hey OneEyed,

I cleaned it up but yes this is the original list that was made in beta when new functionality was being added, and thus some of the list aren't currently implemented. The list is still there as a companion for the Maps page to explain all of the features of the current maps

Adjusted Region Bonus
Instead of the standard +1 for every 3 regions, with a minimum of +3, the region bonus amounts have been adjusted to award either more or fewer troops per region.
I'm 99.9% sure this hasn't been implemented

Conquest Gameplay
Players only start with a small number of regions and must fight their way through neutrals before reaching other players.
In its description this doesn't work as a setting for all maps, but in 12 Domains for instance it is basically how you start.

Starting Positions
Certain regions on a map will be coded such that players will start with one or more of a preset group of regions.

Victory Condition
Players can win by holding a set of specified regions for one or more turns or fulfilling some other objective instead of eliminating the other players.
You're correct about these two, in the current state they're not avaliable

I'm guessing that these are somewhere on the addition list that Mr. Sheriff has (even if they're down the bottom ;) )

Hope that helps a bit,
BeanZ

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The "starting positions" one works - 12 domains

OneEyed

Awesome Player
thanks guys. first post updated.

OneEyed

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The "starting positions" one works - 12 domains
Actually it does NOT work. 12 Domains works because every other region on the map has been coded to start neutral. The idea behind Starting Positions is that a player will start with a predetermined set: it would be like a chess board, in which one player starts with all of the black piece and one starts with all of the white pieces. At MC if I set up a chess board, each player would have the same odds of starting the game with any piece, regardless of color.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
There are a few other rules that are currently coded but did not make it onto that old list. One that comes to mind is a conditional auto-reset; on the Europe map if the troop count on East or West Germany falls below a certain level they are automatically brought back up, I believe at the start of one's turn.

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Can this list be updated and stickied please?!