• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[map] Nukes! Strategies and bugs

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
So in 1v1 games there would be whole sections of the maps that I can't see...because I don't border that particular region. In team games I assume we'll also be able to see the border regions of our teammates. The whole thing makes me think of minesweeper...but I withhold judgement until I see it.

Thanks for the explanation.

It's a great game setting, but it certainly takes some getting used to. But as awesome as it is on normal maps, it'll bring a whole new flavor to Nukes and 12 Domains.

aweb504

Awesome Player
Question... if there are two players, and each controls one country but doesnt have troops in the other, how does the game progress?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
They have to bombard each other through their spies, build up their nuclear missiles, and lay waste to the other country

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
question - I'm experiencing something that I don't think should be happening. In order to take the top of the missile, all you need is the rest of it, and the pres/premiere and the target acq., right? 'cause I'm there, but it won't let me go to the top. what am I missing?

Edit: never mind, I figured it out. It makes you wait until your next turn. forgot that.

Last edited:

mark

Awesome Player
question - I'm experiencing something that I don't think should be happening. In order to take the top of the missile, all you need is the rest of it, and the pres/premiere and the target acq., right? 'cause I'm there, but it won't let me go to the top. what am I missing?

What game are you talking about? Quick scan of your NUKES! games doesn't show you in the situation you describe.

By the 'top' do you mean the region beside 'warhead armed'? That is the top of the missile. You don't actually need to hold anything else to take the missile. But holding the missile without anything else isn't useful.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I think he means the launch button

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
yeah, the launch button. I was futiley (sp) trying to attack it, lol.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
and the game is already over, Mark. On my next turn it gave me the missile.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
and we'll see if the changes in the map make any differences. I think I have a potential stalemate game brewing with my bud theGeneral. Both of us in one country, flat rate.

mark

Awesome Player
and we'll see if the changes in the map make any differences. I think I have a potential stalemate game brewing with my bud theGeneral. Both of us in one country, flat rate.

I saw that one and I don't think it is a stalemate. Depends on spies now....but I think one of you actually has an advantage at the moment.

BTW, first time I played NUKES! I tried to attack the launch button as well. So don't feel bad....it isn't exactly intuitive.

JohnBoyd

Awesome Player
Real-time 2 Player Escalate No Reinforce Nukes: https://www.majorcommand.com/games/286527/
This stalemate lasted for almost 76 rounds.

aaaQwxA.jpg

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Me and Brian would like to suggest the word "President" be changed to "Rothschild" :D
If the KGB would eliminate the USA puppet president, it wouldn't make much of a difference so the map is basically rigged to favor whoever conquers all of USA

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
please explain how you think the map is rigged to favor the USA side

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
well the USA president is just a puppet of the nwo, deepstate, scret societies or whatever you wanna call it
eliminate the president, np
if anything it makes the nwo stronger

the same does not apply to the USSR (or not to the same extent)

The-Swede

Awesome Player
I will argue on this man's behalf. The region connected to the target and president on USA side are both connected to Atomic Research Centers while the USSR is connected to a Silo and a Bunker. This is why they lost the cold war. Accurate map is accurate.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Oh, so you guys are just goofin'. I see.

The-Swede

Awesome Player
I'm new to this map but in the few games i played on it i understand that in a situation where one side owns USA, and one USSR and they have enough deploys to deny each other what they need to activate the nuke each turn that it then gives more options for getting deploys on your next turn. Let's take a random scenario. You own USA. You reinforced your largest stack to your region connecting to the president. Does your enemy put his largest stack on his spy, incase you go for the president? What if you take that large stack and go to the research center, he didn't put enough men into his Military Intel region and now can't take it from you. He also has to split his deploys up into more regions if he wants to retake any more research centers.

I don't understand the map too well, just a brief synapsis of it from a handfull of games i played. But that is my opinion, as hard as it is for me to explain, which is why i didn't really try to on my previous post,

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The research centers, while they give you additional deploy, aren't critical to winning the game once you have a 1v1 with each on one map. The president/premier and the 2 bombard points on each map then become most critical. You have to decide based on the scenario where to reinforce, you can't let your opponent hold both the two required regions (president/premier and target) once they've taken the missile.

If you want to play some 1v1 games, I'll be glad to have a running chat about strategies with you, we can end them or let them awol if the points are an issue.

One thing I firmly believe about this map is that it HAS to be escalate settings, anything else and stalemates are going to be a common problem.

Message me or start a game and invite me if that appeals to you.