• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajorCommand's Inaugural Clan Challenge - Signups!

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Ladies and gentlemen, MajCommers of all ages, it's my pleasure to inform you that we're about to introduce Clans to the MajCom community. And to kick off this exciting new feature, Cassidy and your humble correspondent are going to stage the first-ever Clan Challenge. You see, there's two kinds of clans: social, which are basically private discussion groups; and competitive, who play head-to-head team games against other clans in large-scale challenges. For my money, clan challenges are about the most fun you can have playing this game, and our goal is to introduce this game concept to the community.

We are currently recruiting players to take part in this inaugural clan challenge. Players will be divided into two clans, one led by Cassidy, one led by me. But, in order to ensure that this moves smoothly and provides an exciting demonstration, there's a few requirements for signing up:
1. You must have Strategist membership
2. You must have played 20 team games (doubles, triples, quads) or have prior references
3. Officers preferred, but exceptional candidates of lower ranks will be considered.

The challenge itself will consist of 20 games, where each clan picks home map/settings for half of the games. We'll be playing a total of 8 dubs games and 6 each trips and quads.

We are only asking for a commitment of about a month, and really only a handful of games in total. Once the challenge is over, all players are free (and in fact encouraged) to start their own clans, or reconsolidate however they see fit.

If you wish to sign up with a regular teammate, please feel free to do so, tho please have them confirm in this thread.

If you have a preference for clan leader (either myself or Cass), please indicate such to us privately (this isn't a popularity contest), but please be advised that we may have to shuffle people around to ensure that the two clans are relatively evenly-matched.

Watch this thread for updates.

Thank you, and Cass and I look forward to a fun and exciting challenge!

Avitray

Awesome Player
I'll sign up,
I have 100 UDO for Triples, 50 UDO for Doubles and 200 UDO :p
(I like team games better than singles)

giuppi

Awesome Player
This sounds exciting, count me in. No preference for clan leader.
How many players are we recruiting?

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
This sounds exciting, count me in. No preference for clan leader.
How many players are we recruiting?

That's a good question. It'll rather depend on the response, but we're hoping for at least 6 players per side (including the clan leaders). But since we've already gotten 3 responses in the 20 minutes since I posted the thread, we might go with larger rosters. :D

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I would like to play - i have getting on for 20 team games played but i am away for a week at the end of May with no access to internet which may be a problem - i eill team with Restrepo

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'd like to play, no preference as to which clan I'm in or partner.

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
yeah, count me in!

if we are picking partners, i go with costin :)

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
count me in plz :)

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
Sign me up, no leader preference. Preferred doubles partner is LonBon, I will have him post to confirm his participation as well. Not an officer but he's worth his salt in a team game, to be sure.

grons

Awesome Player
League of Gentlepeople
how long do you think this will go on cause i'm gonna be away alot during the summer and i don't wanna commit to something and then not be able to take part in it

costin

Awesome Player
Hi guys, I'm in, partnering with Thunderous. Cheers!

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
92ba00d8fb45ea9a1882d7f4390c5aba.png

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I am in, partnering with Avitray

diogenes

Awesome Player
I'm game…though it's been a while since I've played team games. No particular preferences.

darincox

Awesome Player
Hi Incandenza,

I don't know if I've been on long enough to have 20 team games under my belt, but if possible sign me up... it sounds exciting! FLAGG and I have been playing as teammates for a few games now, so I would prefer to be teamed with him if at all possible.

Thanks!

Restrepo

Awesome Player
Id like to join even though im not an officer i got more than 20 team games easy. Im going with TheGeneral.

Last edited: