• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom League: September 2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Many thanks to you, masterjskye, for getting this thing going and for your work. I really, really enjoyed the challenge. I felt constantly out of my depth and think I learned quite a bit.
And congratulations to Dalinar, CardinalsRule, Sannheten and BallZDeep, all are worthy winners.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Last edited by a moderator:

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Are there play offs being done for those who are in the bottom three places for the relegation spots?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Are there play offs being done for those who are in the bottom three places for the relegation spots?

will need to be some, no doubt, but until all the games are complete the who and what aren't yet decided. For example, in the Silver league, if Pitman wins his last game, he has a playoff with CaptainDanger with the loser dropping down. If he loses that last game, no playoff is necessary.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society

And, for the second season, where do we put players who didn't play in the first season?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'm guessing that all current players will get a chance to return, any open slots will be filled by new players. Or, JSkye could decide to let more players in each group, but if that happens then everyone won't play each map. There's also one more map now to further complicate the issue.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yeah basically if there need for play-offs we can have some. Depends if they want to play again next season.

The way it will work for new and returning players is the same it did this time - I'll send out a site-wide announcement and you all have to sign up on this thread after that. The only people offered guaranteed entry are the 1st, 2nd & 3rd's of this season - they can sign up beforehand if they want. Again everyone will be sorted into the leagues according to their current rank. This means some people might actually jump or drop a couple of leagues from where they were this season.

Each league will still be up to a maximum of 12 players each and we will still play 22 games all on different maps. I decided against the playing each map twice thing. The new Mexican map will replace Classic Antiquus (it showed a 96% first turn win rate!) I also decided against making 2nd turn wins count for tiebreakers. In the case of 3 way tie's a split is probably the way we will go.

Points and scoring and just about everything else will remain the same, except the deadline.
The deadline will be one month instead of two.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Great job solving the issues, Master. Sounds eminently fair to me.

Not disagreeing with your choice to leave Antiquus out, but the stats puzzle me a bit; it's essentially the same map as Evolved. Could the first turn win rate be an anomaly?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Thanks! I'm sure it is a bit of an anomaly since it goes way against the site-wide averages .. but I think the good players really know how to put the strangle hold on with this map - especially if they get a good drop on Australia. I had it in mind to drop whatever had the worst percentage before I knew it was that map.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Have you run the stats for all the maps in the league? I'd be interested in seeing how Antiquus compared to Evolved.

Regardless, it's probably a good choice to leave out if one has to be; as I said earlier it's essentially the same map as evolved.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yes, I have. More on that once all the games are finished :D

Evolved had a 67% first turn win rate compared to Antiquus's 96%. Bear in mind these are still really low numbers, only 24 games each. They probably don't mean too much right now but as time goes on I'll keep accumulating the stats and see what trends emerge.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Last edited by a moderator:

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Excellent. That's Onxy league settled - Dalinar 1st, Namelochil 2nd and Dorcee 3rd. Congrats everyone! Points have been awarded.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Great job solving the issues, Master. Sounds eminently fair to me.

Not disagreeing with your choice to leave Antiquus out, but the stats puzzle me a bit; it's essentially the same map as Evolved. Could the first turn win rate be an anomaly?

we can also let envolved out and antiquus in :) I guess that if more people want to join we can add 1 more spot on each division, since we have a new map unless its to much work for Master * 22 games more

dorcee

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Congrats everyone! :) And thanks for setting it up masterj, it was great, looking forward to the next round!

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Excellent. That's Onxy league settled - Dalinar 1st, Namelochil 2nd and Dorcee 3rd. Congrats everyone! Points have been awarded.

That's the top 3 I expected (and in the order I expected, am I good or what), what I didn't expect is not to make the top half myself (ok, maybe I'm not that good after all).

It was helluva fun, thanks masterj!

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
You're all welcome :D

Ndrm it doesn't work to just drop another person in like that - it messes up the fixtures. We could maybe bring it back in a later season instead of Evolved.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
You're all welcome :D

Ndrm it doesn't work to just drop another person in like that - it messes up the fixtures. We could maybe bring it back in a later season instead of Evolved.

In order to add another person to each group you'd need two more maps

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I just finished the clean up for my last match. Thanks Master for putting this together and everyone who played, I had a lot of fun and a lot of good matches. Things were very very close, I look forward fighting you guys for number 1 again next season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.