• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom League: September 2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Last edited by a moderator:

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
PITMAN212 VS jbrenner01 (1st )

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
sorry onyx
game # 276030

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Not sure if this has been brought up already but what happens if two players end up tied for 1st or 2nd or whatever and player A beat player B twice? Is that an instant tie breaker or is there still a playoff? Obviously for a 3 way tie you would need the playoff for sure.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Not sure if this has been brought up already but what happens if two players end up tied for 1st or 2nd or whatever and player A beat player B twice? Is that an instant tie breaker or is there still a playoff? Obviously for a 3 way tie you would need the playoff for sure.

Instant tie breaker if you win the first 2 games. If still tied, they play another 2, and so on until we have a winner. For ties with more than 2 people I might be tempted to just split the points. Next season though I think we'll be using 2nd turn win count in the event of ties, unless anyone has any better ideas.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
MARC369 and HOMERION played classic massive as a tie breaker and both won one, we are now playing balken

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Instant tie breaker if you win the first 2 games. If still tied, they play another 2, and so on until we have a winner. For ties with more than 2 people I might be tempted to just split the points. Next season though I think we'll be using 2nd turn win count in the event of ties, unless anyone has any better ideas.

I'm not sure if this answers Packer's question. I think he's asking this: if he and I tie for first or second in the Onyx league, will he have an automatic tiebreaker because he beat me in both the games we already played. In other words, would we even need a playoff?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Hey guys I know it's late in the season but I just realised that I know a way for it to be a bit easier for you to report kils. Basically, you have to go into the secret forum options page, located here and scroll down to the bottom where it says Message Editor Interface - and change it to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Then, you come back to the forum and make like you are going to make a post somewhere. On the new post box there is a little button up in the top right - it looks like two little A's. You want that selected - it will have a little square box around it if it is on. You only have to do this once and then it stays on forever (unless you click it off yourself).

Now you should be able to see the results of things like Bold, Underline, Italics, links, etc as you type them in.. much easier I find. For anyone unaware, you can add these effects with the little buttons above the message you are writing.

Unfortunately I couldn't get this to work on chrome, only firefox. Not sure about IE or others. Try it out and see.

Last edited:

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I'm not sure if this answers Packer's question. I think he's asking this: if he and I tie for first or second in the Onyx league, will he have an automatic tiebreaker because he beat me in both the games we already played. In other words, would we even need a playoff?

Ah yes, Marc asked the same thing actually. No you would still have to play the person you're tied with again, even if you already beat them 2-0.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Hey guys I know it's late in the season but I just realised that I know a way for it to be a bit easier for you to report kils. Basically, you have to go into the secret forum options page, located here and scroll down to the bottom where it says Message Editor Interface - and change it to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Then, you come back to the forum and make like you are going to make a post somewhere. On the new post box there is a little button up in the top right - it looks like two little A's. You want that selected - it will have a little square box around it if it is on. You only have to do this once and then it stays on forever (unless you click it off yourself).

Now you should be able to see the results of things like Bold, Underline, Italics, links, etc as you type them in.. much easier I find. For anyone unaware, you can add these effects with the little buttons above the message you are writing.

Unfortunately I couldn't get this to work on chrome, only firefox. Not sure about IE or others. Try it out and see.

That's where it was hidden!

Thanks, Master!

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
SILVER LEAGUE
SEA OF JAPAN: PITMAN212 v TRAILBLAZER

For info, this game was played a while back. Pitman went first and won the game. Sorry, I thought he would have already posted his win.

Here's the link to the game:
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/274893/

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
change it to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

I always thought that was the default setting masterj, I can't remember changing mine and it was already like that... mind you, I still use the code rather than the text editor buttons anyway ;)

Also a helpful way to get to keeping the format is to just click the Reply With Quote button at the bottom right corner of someone's post that had the correct formatting and just change the map and player names (and the and tags)

Status
Not open for further replies.