• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Let's Help bilsi's dog!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Hi guys, wasn't sure where to post this. Let me know if I should post it somewhere else...My dog needs knee surgery. About $7000. I'm not totally healthy and on low income. I can only work part time when I can. Any donation would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Hi guys, wasn't sure where to post this. Let me know if I should post it somewhere else...My dog needs knee surgery. About $7000. I'm not totally healthy and on low income. I can only work part time when I can. Any donation would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
Hey Bilsi, I know from our previous conversations how much you love Reyna. Hopefully someone that knows more about the site than I do will suggest somewhere to post this so that people will see the heading and know a member of our community could use some serious help. I shared it on my Facebook (my friends are huge animal lovers) and I will donate today. Good luck!!

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I just added $100! I recommend starting a dedicated thread about this so it doesn't get lost in the puzzle thread! :) My name is Steve too!

I went ahead and did it:

Last edited:

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
stormcat and I both donated to help get started- I'll let bilsi tell you more about it. Here's the gofundme:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Thank you so much guys! She did it about 5 months ago. I've tried rest. She gets better for a week or two then it gets bad again. It's very bad now. She's a great dog. She's all I have. Both my parents are gone, no real family. I feel so bad for her, she's 95 pounds and loves to run. Thanks again.
Steve

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Thank you so much guys! She did it about 5 months ago. I've tried rest. She gets better for a week or two then it gets bad again. It's very bad now. She's a great dog. She's all I have. Both my parents are gone, no real family. I feel so bad for her, she's 95 pounds and loves to run. Thanks again.
Steve
I know from our previous conversations how much you love Reynah. I shared the GoFundMe on my Facebook. That's something people can do to help, as well

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Thank you Major Commmand! Much appreciated. Couple picks of her last year...quick update...she's bad again today. There's something here called The Farley Foundation. It helps low income people like me. My vet has to be a member of it to apply on my behalf. I just called and the receptionist said she doesn't think he belongs to it. I'm waiting for a call back...I'm leaving her on the main floor for now with my room mate. I'm upstairs and she's up and down all day. She doesn't know any better. And jumps up and down from my bed. Not good. But it's hard for me to be upstairs in my room without her. We've been together almost 24/7 since I got her June 2020....I even bring her to work with me when I'm working.

Attachments

• Reynah_2021_04_02-6.jpg
    Reynah_2021_04_02-6.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Reynah_2021_04_02-18 (2).jpg
    Reynah_2021_04_02-18 (2).jpg
    826 KB · Views: 1
  • Reynah_3.jpg
    Reynah_3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 151865183_1089772234855016_7422439523614365916_n.jpg
    151865183_1089772234855016_7422439523614365916_n.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 3

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Thank you Major Commmand! Much appreciated. Couple picks of her last year...quick update...she's bad again today. There's something here called The Farley Foundation. It helps low income people like me. My vet has to be a member of it to apply on my behalf. I just called and the receptionist said she doesn't think he belongs to it. I'm waiting for a call back...I'm leaving her on the main floor for now with my room mate. I'm upstairs and she's up and down all day. She doesn't know any better. And jumps up and down from my bed. Not good. But it's hard for me to be upstairs in my room without her. We've been together almost 24/7 since I got her June 2020....I even bring her to work with me when I'm working.
She's very cute! And so young. We have to get her fixed up! In the States, we have CareCredit, do you have it in Canada? It's for things like this. You can apply online or through vets, and it's interest free if paid within a certain time-frame. Or if you have a teaching hospital anywhere near you, sometimes they will cut you a bit of a deal, and the care tends to be top-notch. And lastly, could you and your roommate trade spots so you and Reyna could have the lower bedroom/area?

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I got my family to chip in. Let's keep this going!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Quick update...She's still the same but I found a vet in a small town just east of me. They quoted 3800-4300. That's a lot better than 7000.Also, they deal with The Farley Foundation...It's like stormcat said, they help people on low income. I just sent a few docs to the vet, now the ball is rolling...I ordered a knee brace for 86, coming Wednesday. It's not the best but it should give her some support until I can get her the surgery. I looked at a good brace for 255 and a custom one for 815, both places stated their braces will not fit Bulldog breeds...It's something to do with the hock, brace slides down all the time.
Thanks again to everyone. keep you posted.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Quick update...She's still the same but I found a vet in a small town just east of me. They quoted 3800-4300. That's a lot better than 7000.Also, they deal with The Farley Foundation...It's like stormcat said, they help people on low income. I just sent a few docs to the vet, now the ball is rolling...I ordered a knee brace for 86, coming Wednesday. It's not the best but it should give her some support until I can get her the surgery. I looked at a good brace for 255 and a custom one for 815, both places stated their braces will not fit Bulldog breeds...It's something to do with the hock, brace slides down all the time.
Thanks again to everyone. keep you posted.
Great update!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Update.....got the brace, it doesn't help. Gonna send it back. Have first vet appointment Nov. 14. I'm hoping the Farley Foundation pays for at least half...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Update for today...Visited the new vet yesterday. She assumes partial or full tear. They can't tell until she's put under. Then they can manipulate the joint and see if it separates...On Gabapentin for pain. They need to do an x-ray first so the surgeon can take some measurements. They want to x-ray her other knee and hips at the same time. It's another $210. If they say her other knee or hips are bad I can't do much about it. Keep her on joint supplements and deal with it if it happens. But sedation is expensive so maybe I should get them done...
Vet recommended a brace for now until she needs surgery. It's good for post-op as well. Found a great place in Toronto. Online sites send me a casting kit and I have to do a cast then mail it back. If I screw up the cast the brace is no use. Gotta bring Reynah in and the lady does the cast. Then fits it when it's done. I feel a lot more comfortable this way...I'm posting the link to the brace site. Watch some before and after videos. She gets the Stifle Orthosis...Most of the dogs are very bad and the brace works wonders. Reynah has a slight limp only so should help for a while.
Just want to know if all right with you all that I use current donations for the brace.
Thanks and God Bless...
Steve

Attachments

• 315456441_1743809426000219_6446102005147663109_n.jpg
    315456441_1743809426000219_6446102005147663109_n.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 315519619_529665212031318_8173457305886700859_n.jpg
    315519619_529665212031318_8173457305886700859_n.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 4

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Update for today...Visited the new vet yesterday. She assumes partial or full tear. They can't tell until she's put under. Then they can manipulate the joint and see if it separates...On Gabapentin for pain. They need to do an x-ray first so the surgeon can take some measurements. They want to x-ray her other knee and hips at the same time. It's another $210. If they say her other knee or hips are bad I can't do much about it. Keep her on joint supplements and deal with it if it happens. But sedation is expensive so maybe I should get them done...
Vet recommended a brace for now until she needs surgery. It's good for post-op as well. Found a great place in Toronto. Online sites send me a casting kit and I have to do a cast then mail it back. If I screw up the cast the brace is no use. Gotta bring Reynah in and the lady does the cast. Then fits it when it's done. I feel a lot more comfortable this way...I'm posting the link to the brace site. Watch some before and after videos. She gets the Stifle Orthosis...Most of the dogs are very bad and the brace works wonders. Reynah has a slight limp only so should help for a while.
Just want to know if all right with you all that I use current donations for the brace.
Thanks and God Bless...
Steve

I think that's what the donations are for, right? And just the fact the brace will be custom-made for her, since others won't fit or help her, is a wonderful first step. Sounds like a good plan starting with that while more diagnostics are done. And hopefully she'll get some immediate relief. Yaay!

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
On the right track! Glad to hear it- got a long road ahead.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Long for sure. And thanks again to everyone...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Got the brace yesterday. Lady did an awesome job. Rey is fine with it. Seems to help a lot. Hopefully she heals now. Will still take 3 or 4 months.....Thanks again to everybody!20230113_192356.jpg

Attachments

• 20230113_192410.jpg
    20230113_192410.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230113_191210_HDR.jpg
    20230113_191210_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited: