• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Learning experience for free/new players

ironztiger

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
The Borg
The reason I'm posting this is not to judge or in that I could teach someone a lesson just that I was part of the experience and thought it good insight for players restricted to 3 games thinking of playing flat rate games. In this example ToroToro just lost his cool and doesn't understand. I would also like to hear from anyone else who has had this happen either with ToroToro or just a long game and a free player going of the reservation.

The game in question.
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/410222/

So, a flat rate game can get to a point in which there are 3 players left on the map and it kinda lags into an ambiguous stalemate, often "side games" are created to resolve this. In the worst of cases an impatient player forgets that they joined the game with those settings and suicides, ruining the game. In this case ToroToro just loses it in an onslaught of dishonor to himself and disrespect to Riskyone, me and what in my opinion is common etiquette on the maps at Majcomm. Let me know you thoughts Majcomm community.

P.S. Not to pile on but as a kicker, while this game waits for 1v1s to decide it, he keeps taking cards while Risky and I deploy and end turns.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
In a normal game I would say that you wait until he can play the sidegames.

But as he proposed the idea of ganging up with one of you against the other one, the quicker and fairer thing would be that you 2 eliminate him, and problem solved.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
The reason I'm posting this is not to judge or in that I could teach someone a lesson just that I was part of the experience and thought it good insight for players restricted to 3 games thinking of playing flat rate games. In this example ToroToro just lost his cool and doesn't understand. I would also like to hear from anyone else who has had this happen either with ToroToro or just a long game and a free player going of the reservation.

The game in question.
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/410222/

So, a flat rate game can get to a point in which there are 3 players left on the map and it kinda lags into an ambiguous stalemate, often "side games" are created to resolve this. In the worst of cases an impatient player forgets that they joined the game with those settings and suicides, ruining the game. In this case ToroToro just loses it in an onslaught of dishonor to himself and disrespect to Riskyone, me and what in my opinion is common etiquette on the maps at Majcomm. Let me know you thoughts Majcomm community.

P.S. Not to pile on but as a kicker, while this game waits for 1v1s to decide it, he keeps taking cards while Risky and I deploy and end turns.

I'm very happy that Ironztiger who has been on the site for just over 6 years and is a well respected player, posted this. I was asked by a high ranking officer to post it in the forum, so i'm really happy that he did. If you read what Tormenta said, this would already be over. A few others that I asked to weigh in agreed. One didn't and explained why. Both ironztiger and myself are trying to show this player what honor is by not 2 on 1 him. He even threatened suicide a few times if one wouldn't work with him to kill the other. Why does he take cards? He did question in a diplo to me that he would not want to play the single round robin because he didn't know if he can trust me. I'm not close to the best players on the site, but as a second tier long time player who enjoys most games. I have a high honor rating and I would not lie about the diplo. I will write more after others respond.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Just a thought: I understand you came up with the idea of a 1v1 round-robin because 3-player games often end up stalemate-ish, right? If you do it assassin, this shouldn't be a problem, and ToroToro then needs to join only 1 more game.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
the problem is he hasn't spots for games to join left, imho either they play it, or the 3 go AWOL

Last edited: