• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME (Monthly Top 10 Game)

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME

Monthly Top 10 Game

Eduardoperezc Productions presents the new MC fashion: LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME.

What is LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME?

LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME is a monthly 10-player game offered only to the Top 10 players of the scoreboard.

Invitations will be sent on day 1 of every new month. If 48 hours later the game hasn't begun, invitations will be sent to the next 10 players, etc.

The settings will be: Singles, Escalate, One, Path. The maps will be chosen in alphabetic order.

The awards will be a lot of points, the right to participate in the next monthly game, and public recognition in this thread.

If you can't play LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME yet, try harder!

Filthy players will be punished with one or more games without playing, according to the importance of their bad ettiquette in these or other MC games. Sanctions won't be communicated to avoid absurd arguments.

What's considered to be filthy:

-Breaking diplos and encouraging others to break diplos (without alibi).

-Insulting (without alibi).

-Suiciding or helping another player win (without alibi).

"Alibi" means that the behaviour is in response to a previous aggression or involuntary: that is accepted.

WINNER LIST

APRIL 2017: NAMELOCHIL. Awarded 237 points

MAY 2017: AHUNGRYDWARF. Awarded 304 points

JUNE 2017: DAGNASTY2. Awarded 281 points

JULY 2017: SWEETIE. Awarded 252 points

AUGUST 2017: DAVEYGMK. Awarded 294 points

SEPTEMBER 2017: SANNHETEN. Awarded 258 points

OCTOBER 2017: XSB1977. Awarded 354 points

NOVEMBER 2017: HUMMINGMAN. Awarded 302 points

DECEMBER 2017: ERICJKLINE. Awarded 230 points

JANUARY 2018: ERICJKLINE. Awarded 209 points

FEBRUARY 2018: ERICJKLINE. Awarded 188 points

Last edited:

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Hey man. Thanks for the invite. I think the idea of a monthly high-level game is fun. But, honestly, I think the name is a little obnoxious. Most of us are at the top of the scoreboard because we had runs of good luck and because, for the most part, we hoard our points like Smaug hoards treasure. There are a lot of truly excellent players far down on the scoreboard who make it a point not to care about their point totals. And there are quite a few people near the top who really aren't that outstanding--just solid players who want a big rank and are really careful about what games they join. I'm not saying one way is better than the other; people play for different reasons.

I guess my point is just that LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME is a bit rich for me.

(Please forgive the pun. I can't help it. I love puns.)

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
It's a cool name! I'd bet you are jealous because you are not yet in la crème de la crème, that is easy to resolve, you have your invitation ;)

And I agree with you about the Smaugs, but I'd say that so far they haven't entered because they know they are not la crème de la crème. If they want to prove they haven't forgotten how to play risk since they earned those points in World War II, doors are open!

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Last week Ed said there shouldn't be so many 1vs1 tournaments coz anyone could win them, so I dared him to play best of 25 and he chickened out stating it's like flipping a coin... now he starts a singles forum competition :p
Obviously he's careful with his rank so he can call himself creme de la creme :p

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Last week Ed said there shouldn't be so many 1vs1 tournaments coz anyone could win them, so I dared him to play best of 25 and he chickened out stating it's like flipping a coin... now he starts a singles forum competition :p
Obviously he's careful with his rank so he can call himself creme de la creme :p

Lol! It's funny you bring that up. I also saw his post about 1v1s being mostly about luck and not strategy, and I was considering challenging him to a best of 5. Luck my ass!

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
It's a cool name! I'd bet you are jealous because you are not yet in la crème de la crème, that is easy to resolve, you have your invitation ;)

And I agree with you about the Smaugs, but I'd say that so far they haven't entered because they know they are not la crème de la crème. If they want to prove they haven't forgotten how to play risk since they earned those points in World War II, doors are open!

Okay, I'll join the game. But only because I'm interested in playing you. I've never seen your name before. Are you good? We will see.

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Cool idea, I'm keen to challenge the best of the best and learn a thing or two!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Hey man. Thanks for the invite. I think the idea of a monthly high-level game is fun. But, honestly, I think the name is a little obnoxious. Most of us are at the top of the scoreboard because we had runs of good luck and because, for the most part, we hoard our points like Smaug hoards treasure. There are a lot of truly excellent players far down on the scoreboard who make it a point not to care about their point totals. And there are quite a few people near the top who really aren't that outstanding--just solid players who want a big rank and are really careful about what games they join. I'm not saying one way is better than the other; people play for different reasons.

I guess my point is just that LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME is a bit rich for me.

(Please forgive the pun. I can't help it. I love puns.)

Well said, Namelochil. Although, I do consider you one of the 'Crème de la Creme' of this site, having played against you more than a few times. You're on MY list of top 10 players on the site.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Well, for one thing, this isn't a 1v1 game (or monthly recurrence of games) that he started. You're comparing apples to oranges. For another, kindly refrain from the publicly "calling out" of other players. It's NOT appropriate on a public forum. Your comments added nothing of a positive nature whatsoever to the thread. If you have an issue with Eduardo, keep it between the two of you or post on a private forum for CentCom.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Cardinals, Aura doesn't like chicken. Maybe he's a vegan.

Namelochil, we have played before, neither of us won :) Good to have you in the game, thank you (and you too, Adam).

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Namelochil, we have played before, neither of us won

Yup, I did (in one of those games). :neo:

giphy.gif

airwick

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME

Monthly Top 10 Game

Eduardoperezc Productions presents the new MC fashion: LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME.

What is LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME?

LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME is a monthly 10-player game offered only to the Top 10 players of the scoreboard.

Invitations will be sent on day 1 of every new month. If 48 hours later the game hasn't begun, invitations will be sent to players in Top 20.

The settings will be: Singles, Escalate, One, Path. The maps will be chosen in alphabetic order.

The awards will be a lot of points, the right to participate in the next monthly game, and public recognition in this thread.

If you can't play LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME yet, try harder!

If you have any doubts, post here.

Maybe change it in a monthly game for people who earned their generals medal? Think you honour crème de la crème more that way

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Maybe change it in a monthly game for people who earned their generals medal? Think you honour crème de la crème more that way

master organizes regular games for the generals clan, so that might be a bit redundant.
i have my doubts when if ever i should be able to find myself in the crème, but if i did, id like to play these games for sure. that being said, just as a suggestion, how about opening up one of those spots to whoever wishes to join, or for whoever currently holds place #200 on the scoreboard? offer up an opportunity for an uncrème to observe the greats working their magic. put an element of risk in those games by actually being able to lose a lot of points, put some pressure on the crème?

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Once, you can't play only because you gave those 1000 points to th-child jajaja. I'm sure you will be able to play in a month or two ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, when the game is more stablished we could make changes once in a while.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Well said, Namelochil. Although, I do consider you one of the 'Crème de la Creme' of this site, having played against you more than a few times. You're on MY list of top 10 players on the site.

Awww. Cards, you charmer, stop! You'll make me blush.

You're not half bad yourself, by the way.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Namelochil, we have played before, neither of us won :) Good to have you in the game, thank you (and you too, Adam).

Wait a minute. I'm so confused. Are Eduardoperezc and Tormenta the same person? ...that might explain why I didn't remember ever seeing the name "Tormenta" until a couple days ago.

As for Eduardoperezc, if I remember correctly, you tried a cute trick at the beginning of our epic doubles game a little while ago, and my partner handed you your hat.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Wait a minute. I'm so confused. Are Eduardoperezc and Tormenta the same person? ...that might explain why I didn't remember ever seeing the name "Tormenta" until a couple days ago.

Not exactly. Eduardoperezc disappeared in a storm and when it was over Tormenta appeared.

As for Eduardoperezc, if I remember correctly, you tried a cute trick at the beginning of our epic doubles game a little while ago, and my partner handed you your hat.

Mmmm we're in a doubles together but I don't know what the hell you're talking about :), I haven't had any contacts with your team so far, I think.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/383594/

AND THE WINNER OF THE FIRST EDITION, awarded 237 points and climbing to the number 2, is of course the player who said he wasn't la crème de la crème :)

¡¡¡NAMELOCHIL!!!

Congrats!

In may LA CRÈME DE LA CRÈME will go to... BALKAN PENINSULA

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Does that make me la crème de la crème de la crème?

My win was complete luck, by the way. Pyth came very close but left me with an easy kill for five cards.