• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Kudos & an Idea for Improvement

Givati

Awesome Player
The maps here look awesome. I especially love how the Cold War map looks. The b&w tv, especially the frame is extremely clever and cool.

Whether you want to or not, this game site has the potential to be more than just fun & recreational, but also educational, which parents may encourage their children to play. Besides sharpening tactical skills, it's also a great way for children and teens, and even adults to get much better in Geography. That's why I think it's very important to correct the spelling mistakes on the maps, cards, and briefs, as not giving it importance has the opposite effect, and instead of being educational, the more people will play and see things spelled the wrong way, consciously and subconsciously it will impair their spelling.

Here are some mistakes which me and Sebrim pointed out in the past, and they remain uncorrected:

http://www.majorcommand.com/forums/threads/5943-Country-Mispelled-on-Classic-Massive-Map

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah, I changed the name of the region you mentioned in the other post. Hopefully it will be reflected throughout the map, including the record tab.

Givati

Awesome Player
Awesome.

When I first started this thread I was looking at the Cold War map, and how pretty it is, and I wanted to express that here, and then I remembered the needed corrections. Now that it's fixed, let's praise the maps for their beauty.

I mean, regardless of the map you prefer for whatever playability reason, let's have a beauty pageant contest for the maps.

Which map do you find most attractive?

My vote goes to the Cold War map.

aleksandra_mir_coldwar.jpg

184605_1.jpg

(Alleged Russian spy beauty "Anna Chapman")

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
My vote goes to:

Sea of Japan!

Probably since I helped make it :)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Mars, Ducks, Nukes, British Isles and Africa. - Top Five

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Far east Asia is so vibrant. It definitely gets my vote.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I love the pulp magazine look of Mars

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I love the pulp magazine look of Mars

Seconded.

I also think South America deserves mention. I really like the backdrop. Everything pulls together nicely.

Givati

Awesome Player
I also think South America deserves mention. I really like the backdrop. Everything pulls together nicely.

I like the "fútbol" in the colors, and how it fits the flags, it's pretty, very creative, and suited to the theme.

iposenothreat

Awesome Player
I personally love the look and feel of the UK map (and the fact that I'm British makes no difference!). Someone seems to have got a good handle on the British colour schemes!