• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Is it kosher? (part one)

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
So I was in a game recently where it came down to the last three players.

Player 1 was out in front, player 2 not far behind and player 3 (me) behind about 1/3 troops from player 1.

Player 1 sends this agreement via diplo message to player 3:

I'd love to buy some peace with you. In return for a truce for 10 rounds between the 2 of us, I will let you keep England, Ireland, Iceland and the entirely of Scandinavia completely safe. All I ask in return is that we don't attack each other at all for 10 rounds (with the exception of you taking over Scandinavia and me taking over netherlands and luxemburg. This would be our agreement until the end of round 43. Agreed?

Player 3 agrees.

Not even a full two rounds later, Player 2 is pretty much dead, only his few guys in Scandinavia left. Player 1 has attacked player 2 in Scandinavia, not only that has left 9 guys in Denmark and another tert.

Thing is, Player 3 reads the agreement as Player 1 not being able to set foot in Scandinavia, let alone leave guys there as the agreement says Player 3 gets the entirety of Scandinavia for the length of the agreement. So player 3 considers the agreement broken and proceeds to fuck up Player 1, eventually winning ;-)

Who was in the right? Both? One of them? Dodgy?

ps Player 3's plan was to leave Player 2 alive in Scandinavia to attack Player 1. I.e. not kill him and take his tert's.

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
So I was in a game recently where it came down to the last three players.

Player 1 was out in front, player 2 not far behind and player 3 (me) behind about 1/3 troops from player 1.

Player 1 sends this agreement via diplo message to player 3:

I'd love to buy some peace with you. In return for a truce for 10 rounds between the 2 of us, I will let you keep England, Ireland, Iceland and the entirely of Scandinavia completely safe. All I ask in return is that we don't attack each other at all for 10 rounds (with the exception of you taking over Scandinavia and me taking over netherlands and luxemburg. This would be our agreement until the end of round 43. Agreed?

Player 3 agrees.

Not even a full two rounds later, Player 2 is pretty much dead, only his few guys in Scandinavia left. Player 1 has attacked player 2 in Scandinavia, not only that has left 9 guys in Denmark and another tert.

Thing is, Player 3 reads the agreement as Player 1 not being able to set foot in Scandinavia, let alone leave guys there as the agreement says Player 3 gets the entirety of Scandinavia for the length of the agreement. So player 3 considers the agreement broken and proceeds to fuck up Player 1, eventually winning ;-)

Who was in the right? Both? One of them? Dodgy?

ps Player 3's plan was to leave Player 2 alive in Scandinavia to attack Player 1. I.e. not kill him and take his tert's.

I think diplo messages or agreements should not be made at all when 3 players left. I don't do them even if it would increase my chances of winning because I think it's just plain wrong morally. So I find it hard to answer who is right as it goes wrong already before making any moves at all..

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I think diplo messages or agreements should not be made at all when 3 players left. I don't do them even if it would increase my chances of winning because I think it's just plain wrong morally. So I find it hard to answer who is right as it goes wrong already before making any moves at all..

I agree completely.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Diplo in three-way games always favours the stronger player at the expense of the other two. The unwritten rule is: always attack the strongest player. Everything else just makes him stronger.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I agree with the fact that he broke the agreement. The word entirely of Scandinavia. The thing is I agree even more with Sebrim. Everything else makes the strongest stronger. I agree most though with ThunderChile There should be only open chatter talk. No diplo's resulting in a two on one. So for me it's morals.

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Fair call on the 3 player thing having no diplo's, though if everyone always attacked the strongest the game would go forever (escalite).

I haven't really seen people speak openly about this type of stuff via chat, which you're right is kind of stink as when playing a real game of risk everyone's hearing and seeing what the other guys do :)

adamlumpy

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
ps it wasn't a 3 player game, was 6 of us to start :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
For me it all comes down to this....I don't play this 'game of entertainment" for reasons of winning games only and can't remember ever enjoying being the victim of this strategy. Besides, I don't want to be involved in a 'secret' agreement with one player against another in 3 player simply because how can I really trust that these 'secret' (no diplo, no open chat) agreements will be honored? You can't. When another player offers me this type of arrangement where I am certain that he is willingly giving me the superior position to win the game, I will report that in this forum........don't stay up waiting for it!!! LOL

:ridinghorse: