• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Is being married and playing MC incompatible for you too?

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Hi folks

So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

Cheers.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I completely understand, sympathize and I'm in the same boat as you. My hubby is not to crazy about me playing MC...so I try to limit my games to 10 (not including 24 player games) . To ensure my playtime....I just dont play in front of him. I play 90% off my phone so when I'm waiting around for my kids' activities to finish up I play while I wait. Luckily I work part time so I play mostly during the day....call me a closet addict :beers:

Weekends can be challenging....I noticed reception isn't good at the local pool during my kids swimming lessons! LOL!

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I play when waiting for the kettle to boil, while on the bus, during lunch breaks, if I get up before the family, that kind of thing.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
yes, yes - it is - but I play anyhow - can't seem to control it :)

I also agree with clarkenfeld. The only problem is that therte are some turns I would rather play on my computer than fiddling about in the smartphone, especially large team games. Typing in the chater is so tedious on the phone, as is changing colours.... And I spend far too much time on MajCom anyway :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I totally agree! :) sometimes I don't have a choice but to play off my phone...I got used to it....

IAmNo1One1

Awesome Player
The answer is obvious. Get unmarried, and play Major Command full-time!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
The answer is obvious. Get unmarried, and play Major Command full-time!

Hahaha...even if I get unmarried ...I've got these things called kids to take card of.....lol

Besides ..I love my hubby..he's the best...most of the time ! :love:

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Hi folks

So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

Cheers.

I suppose we're also saying...don't go!

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
yes, yes - it is - but I play anyhow - can't seem to control it :)

I also agree with clarkenfeld. The only problem is that therte are some turns I would rather play on my computer than fiddling about in the smartphone, especially large team games. Typing in the chater is so tedious on the phone, as is changing colours.... And I spend far too much time on MajCom anyway :)

Agree Sebrim, there are some turns I will only play on my computer. Especially early on in a game and at the kill.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I personally would never be involved with someone who thought they could tell me what I could do or not do. I mean you do have to consider your spouse's feelings of course, but a spouse should understand that "hey you know what? Sometimes they do their own thing for fun, sometimes I do mine." You don't want to spend ALL of your free time on Maj Com of course (at least most of us don't) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a few games going. I usually never have more than 5 or 6 going now (I used to have over 50 at one point! That was WAAYYYYYY too many!) and a lot of times I keep it around 2 or 3. But yeah, anyway, I could never be with someone who told me I couldn't play a game. That's just ridiculous and controlling.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hi folks

Cheers.

Question: are u pourpossing a majcom internal tinder; to avoid couples incompatibilitys?