• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

IDEA: the "Creation of Adam" by Michelangelo Map

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
It's a crazy idea. But I think it is a novel idea for a Map!

Creaci%C3%B3n_de_Ad%C3%A1n_(Miguel_%C3%81ngel).jpg

The Painting can be easily parsed into regions. There is Adam, God, the Angels etc.. Each body may be easily parsed. The main Map would have two Main lands connected by one point: the fingers touching. This point would have some special feature, perhaps you could jump to anywhere you want in the map from this location.

I would overlay the map interface on top of the painting. I believe it's Public Domain, so no problem here.

What do you lads think?
Lord Adeg

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
I think it's a good example of thinking outside the box, but probably too far outside

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I think it's a good example of thinking outside the box, but probably too far outside

Well... It is indeed...
But it would be nice and fun to play it thou

DeadGirl

Awesome Player
I actually think think this is a great idea, and I like the idea of jumping to any point (or maybe a few select points?) on the map. To make it fair no one could spawn on the arms, but in a semicircle around them. The point where the fingers touch would be of similar importance to the Draig Tower in 12 domains, with a hefty neutral army on it to start.

PS. I've seen the original in the Sistine Chapel and it's jaw-dropping. Photos don't do it any justice. It seems more real than the people and objects around you.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I actually think think this is a great idea, and I like the idea of jumping to any point (or maybe a few select points?) on the map. To make it fair no one could spawn on the arms, but in a semicircle around them. The point where the fingers touch would be of similar importance to the Draig Tower in 12 domains, with a hefty neutral army on it to start.

PS. I've seen the original in the Sistine Chapel and it's jaw-dropping. Photos don't do it any justice. It seems more real than the people and objects around you.

Well, I agree! That would gives us a new type of map... And i agree that the spot where the fingers touch having some special feature. Unfortunatelly it didn't draw people's interest.

Raken

Awesome Player
With only 1 point at which the 2 sides meet means it would stalemate rather easily wouldn't it?

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
We can add more points.

I agree, more points of connection could be created.
Again, it would be fun and a novelty to have such a thematical map.