• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Holiday gifts and such...

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
So I thought it might be fun to share some of the bounty you have received or given this holiday season.

One of the gifts I am most excited to give is to my 3 year old. He has had this small treasure chest for a while but nothing of value to put in it. So I went to the craft store and found all sorts of gems and metal treasure looking things on clearence. Pairs that with some strang coins from around the world I got off ebay and filled with some sweet looking treasure. We are going to write a note that says the Dread Pirate Roberts is in town after being chased by the royal navy and he needs somewhere to stash his gold...

Should be quite a treat on Christmas morning, certainly overshadowing that fat jolly guy in red pajamas.

How bout you?

Asulf

Awesome Player
This Christmas i got the best gift, My son was born on December 13 at 1:43 AM, i'm so happy to have him here healthy and safe :) we Got him a Fabric Patch where a friend of us painted a Legend of Zelda's Link character in Chibi Style, and we will put it on one of his clothes :)

And i got lots of books, which i love, all about history :)

Merry Xmas :)

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
today I saw the toy police car a friend of mine is giving her sons... more a real car than a toy, the beast is six feet long, seats two, and runs on a rechargable electric motor. We've come a long way since the Big Wheel days.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
today I saw the toy police car a friend of mine is giving her sons... more a real car than a toy, the beast is six feet long, seats two, and runs on a rechargable electric motor. We've come a long way since the Big Wheel days.

thats pretty damn cool. I got my niece a little barbie jeep, but I have no idea how big it is, as its still in the box, but Im almost positive it isnt an infant limo like that.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
As usual, Christmas is way overblown at my house. Everything in excess, including the booze. Merry Christmas guys & gals!

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
My son is 9 and I have never let him play with toy guns. He is totally into boy destruction related stuff, which I have resisted. Well, for xmas I got him a BB Gun, a sling shot, and some fireworks. So, he should be able to wrestle some of that 9 yr. old testosterone!

But what I am most excited about, and I hope my kids like them, is I bought them each a rat. (My daughter is 6). These are some very cute/fun animals. I wouldn't have thought it. I went into pet store looking for hamsters or gerbils... but the rats won me over.

Last edited:

jeymo

Ambassador
Awesome Player
My son is 9 and I have never let him play with toy guns. He is totally into boy destruction related stuff, which I have resisted. Well, for xmas I got him a BB Gun, a sling shot, and some fireworks. So, he should be able to wrestle some of that 9 yr. old testosterone!

But what I am most excited about, and I hope my kids like them, is I bought them each a rat. (My daughter is 6). These are some very cute/fun animals. I wouldn't have thought it. I went into pet store looking for hamsters or gerbils... but the rats won me over.

BB Gun and a rat...+ 9yr Old testosterone sounds like a hunting expedition to me!

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
We also gave our 3yr old an Imperial Dagger, its a larping weapon, so its silicon foam or something. He is real into swords and every play sword we buy always breaks after heavy use. Those LARP weapons are indestructable. I highly recommend.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
My brother got me The Pacific on DVD, very much looking forward to watching it.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
My lady gave me a webcam and a wikreless mouse....and a HUGE bottle of Jack Daniels !

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I got the same from a friend.

Sadly, while my girlfriend is endearingly adventurous when it comes to filmed entertainment, the one genre that she pretty much balks at is war stuff, so it might be awhile before I can carve out some "me" time to watch it.

PirateDm

Awesome Player
Hey guys, i have an urgent problem!!

The girlfriend has been studying abroad for the past year and she's back!!! But i haven't got her a present for Christmas yet!!

any ideas?!?!

-and no she doesn't like risk :p

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
My brother got me The Pacific on DVD, very much looking forward to watching it.

Ha. Same, and the complete Sons of Anarchy set. Canon EOS T1i Rebel camera and a UNC sweatshirt.

Shminca, make sure to email me your thoughts on the series when you get that "me time" carved out.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player

The girlfriend has been studying abroad for the past year and she's back!!! But i haven't got her a present for Christmas yet!!

any ideas?!?!

Well, knowing absolutely nothing about her, I doubt I can speak intelligently, but bath/perfume type stuff is always good. You could always find like 1 big present and then get a lot of little things to put in a stocking.

Shminca, make sure to email me your thoughts on the series when you get that "me time" carved out.

You got it.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

any ideas?!?!

Wow! Two years away and no gifts upon return... cold-blooded!

However, the answer is very easy. And I don't need to know her at all.

Get her jewelry. I don't care what any girl says, she will be happy with jewelery. Diamonds are an easy answer, if you can afford them.

Girls are not as complicated as they'd like us to believe. Don't let her fool ya!

Last edited: