• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Hello from EkardNT

EkardNT

Awesome Player
Hello all, EkardNT here. I'm pretty much the definition of a Risk noob, so I'm looking forward to getting trounced for awhile until I learn the ropes. A question for you: I'm currently waiting for a game to start, and when I go to view the map it doesn't look anything like the tutorial videos said it would. There are two parts to the map, the United States and the USSR, and a nuclear warheads to both side of the map. What is going on? I can't even tell where the territories are on the map!

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
there are several maps to choose to play - were you expecting the classic map of the continents? You are currently playing "Nukes!" which is a kick ass map, but may be tough for a newb.

mark

Awesome Player
Yeah, wow...don't start with NUKES! Get in on a Classic Evolved game. That's where I started. Then before joining a game make sure you understand the mechanics. Read the forum. Especially for NUKES! and 12 Domains...those have different features than a 'normal' map.

I liked Classic Evolved, Classic Massive, and USA when i was starting. Also, try to stay out of big games with lots of people and stay out of games with any officers if you can help it. But really, the only thing that can teach you is experience (although I think there are some tutorials now that the Wiki is back up).

Keep at it. It'll suck at first, losing all the time, but that first win is fist-pumping exciting. About two years ago I was where you are. Now I spend way too much time here and I'm starting to read game theory books....it's addictive.