• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Games won't load up for me right now.

Valecnik

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
It's been this way all day. Anybody else having that problem? It tries to load but just churns endlessly...

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Are you using Chrome? If tha<t's the case, you might have to enable the flash plug-in for every single game (to the right of the address bar)

masterjskye

Level &#8734;: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I'm experiencing similar problems, as of this weekend. My games will load up without any troop containers showing. Multiple refreshes required.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I'm experiencing similar problems, as of this weekend. My games will load up without any troop containers showing. Multiple refreshes required.

Same here. I imagine it's probably something we'll just have to deal with until the new engine is released?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Can you provide me with a specific game id that doesn't load?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
All of my active games are the same. I mostly play classic massive, but have a balkans game that I know is doing it too. Takes about 5 refreshes every time.

Tried firefox and edge, both are the same - it loads up but with no troop containers.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
All of my active games are the same. I mostly play classic massive, but have a balkans game that I know is doing it too. Takes about 5 refreshes every time.

Tried firefox and edge, both are the same - it loads up but with no troop containers.

Yeah, I sometimes have that and my conclusion is that it's due to flash misbehaving. However, clearing the cookies+cache usually solves it. Do you know how to use the developer tools? Here are some quick instructions for Firefox:

1. Open the develop tools with Ctrl+Shift+I
2. In the tab top right corner there is a gear symbol. Click on it.
3. In the advanced options section, select the "Disable HTTP Cache ..." or something similar.
4. Select the network tab
5. Reload the game. Let me know if it works. If it doesn't and you're willing, I can use Team Viewer to your machine to further investigate the issue.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Right now I am having trouble with https://www.majorcommand.com/games/398239/

And also https://www.majorcommand.com/games/401608/

There are others also, but they all do the same thing. The map(s) load, but they will load blank, meaning there are no troops appearing anywhere, no colors on any territories. Just a plain blank map. Sometimes, the troops will appear after it's loaded, but then there is absolutely nothing in the intel tab.

As MasterJ said, sometimes it takes multiple, and I do mean many (sometimes) refreshes to get it to load "right." I've probably refreshed game number 401608 20 times now, keeps loading blank. (I say that, it just now loaded correctly. I have 2 pc's side by side, so being in multiple browsers is not the problem.) And sometimes, all of my games work great, no refreshing required. Sometimes just 1 or 2. Other times, I wonder if I'll get to play. :p

It seems to just happen at random, with no rhyme or reason. Anyway, I know you're super busy with the new engine and all, but you asked, so here you go. :)

Edit to say I was typing this up/playing on the other pc and while doing so both MasterJ and MrMarcos responded. I was not trying to "pile on."

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Ok, so I checked and my firefox was having the exact same issue you described even though it loads perfectly fine one Opera and Chrome.

This is how I fixed it:

1. Click in the game area
2. The indicated symbol appears at the left of the address bar
3. Click on it and selection the "continue allowing" (or something) option

It now works... have no idea why.

Attachments

• Selecção_132.jpg
    Selecção_132.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 67

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Ok, so I checked and my firefox was having the exact same issue you described even though it loads perfectly fine one Opera and Chrome.

This is how I fixed it:

1. Click in the game area
2. The indicated symbol appears at the left of the address bar
3. Click on it and selection the "continue allowing" (or something) option

It now works... have no idea why.

I think that did the trick! Thanks Mr Marcos!

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Are you using Chrome? If tha<t's the case, you might have to enable the flash plug-in for every single game (to the right of the address bar)

Oh god yes, I have to do this. I'm laying low on the site at the moment to try give me more time to study, any idea why it does this?

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Oh god yes, I have to do this. I'm laying low on the site at the moment to try give me more time to study, any idea why it does this?

I guess it's due to the growing restrictions imposed upon Flash, given it's awful track record in terms of security. Having said that, I didn't have any issue on Chrome. My guess is that since Chrome embeds it's private Flash build with the browser, which I think is tinkered with by google, it's more trustworthy than the system-wide installation which is used by Firefox.
I'm also suspicious that this is the reason why it starts doing this on Firefox without apparent reason. The reason may be that the system-wide Flash installation was updated, maybe automatically, and Firefox detects that it's a new version and requires it to be re-enabled.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I have to re-enable the "continue allowing" function every single time.. and sometimes it still doesn't work.

Still, it's better than 20 refreshes.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I get same thing. Gotta reload once or twice on every game...