• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Games dont load

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Don't know if it is of value but the games that where an issue before did not go to archives when they were completed, win or lose.

Interesting. Can you:
  • post a screenshot of your Awaiting Tab
  • give me a game number for one of the games that has ended but hasn't gone to archive
Thanks.

Jangium

Awesome Player
Ik kan sinds 12 dagen niet spelen geen maps die laden , i can not play no maps loading since 12 days

Gvogel

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Games not in archives 37537, 37829, 37938. I have none in awaiting. Held off until it gets sorted a bit. Joined a couple of games after the fix and they are running ok. Thanx

markattax

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Game 24250 not able to deploy even under Incognito mode. Other games working.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Thanks - that's an odd one, we're taking a look to see what might be causing it.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Ik kan sinds 12 dagen niet spelen geen maps die laden , i can not play no maps loading since 12 days

druk op ctrl+shift+r op je toetsenbord

op de pagina die niet werkt

Jangium

Awesome Player
ik kan geen kaarten zien wanneer ik inlog ook niet de kaarten voor inschrijving van 24 uur of 5 min alleen deze kaart kan ik spelen omdat ze me een link stuurden

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
kun je een andere browser proberen?

en vergeet niet om op ctrl+shift+r te drukken als u Windows gebruikt.

Jangium

Awesome Player
Echt niet leuk meer al meer dan 2 weken dat ik niet kan spelen

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Echt niet leuk meer al meer dan 2 weken dat ik niet kan spelen

Je hebt de vragen niet beantwoord:

1 - Welke browser gebruikt u?
2 - Heb je geprobeerd een andere browser te gebruiken?
3 - Welk besturingssysteem gebruikt u?
4 - Heb je geprobeerd op ctrl+shift+r te drukken?

We kunnen het probleem niet oplossen als u ons niet vertelt welke oplossingen u hebt geprobeerd.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Okay, so this is a new issue for us, but we discovered what the problem was....

24250 is a very long game, over 135 rounds, and there are a lot of chat messages. Apparently, what happens when a game goes on for so many rounds, and there are a lot of chat messages, is that the browser tried to load the game, all the information for all the rounds, and all the chat messages at the same time. This is a lot of information, and this takes up all the memory in your browser, and that is what is causing the game to slow down and fail.

We are going to have to rewrite the code to change the way the game loads and stores chat messages, so this does not happen in the future. This is going to take a while to fix permanently.

However, Marcos thinks he may have a temporary 'hack' to help this issue, by limiting the number of chat message visible at any one time. First he has to prepare the server before he can deploy this hack, so this may take a week or so to implement. He said he might have it ready by the end of next week, though he always overpromises how quickly he can get things done. So I would expect a bit longer than that.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure what you can do. One unofficial thing you might try (though I'm only guessing) is to open the game in a single tab, without any other tabs open in your browser. This "might" ease the browser memory problem if only one tab is open, but I'm only guessing and I haven't confirmed with Marcos if this theory is true.

I guess the other option is try and finish the game asap, or just have all the players hold off for a week or two until marcos can deploy the temp fix.

That's all I got for you at the moment!

markattax

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Thank you Sheriff and Marcos. Looks like we'll hold off on trying to take turns until the temporary fix is in. Sorry to bring a new issue to the table---you guys have plenty on your plate as it is. By the way, looks like a similar problem has happened in game 23794---130 rounds taken but only minimal chat back in the beginning of the game. Sorry, I seem to get into a lot of these slow-playing games. I much appreciate everything you guys do for this site!

Billy64

Awesome Player
Hi, When I try to open game 38389, it shows tabs but it blank under all tabs, including the Intel tab, so can't play turn.

Is anyone able to fix that game?

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah sorry, we were in the middle of an update. They should all be working now.

Thom27h

Awesome Player
I have difficulty to play game 23794.

First, it loads awfully slow, it must be more than 5 min until I can start my turn. This is partially the fault of my slow Celeron J1900, but also on my other computer with a Ryzen 5700G (not operational ATM) it takes quite some time. And on both computers I experience another problem:

When the game has loaded, I have only a limited time (maybe 20 s) to start my turn. If I wait longer, clicking on "start turn" does nothing, and I have to load the game from scratch. And after starting my turn, it might happen that I can't deploy my troups, and again I have to load the game newly. Loading with ctrl-shift-r to refresh the cache doesn't solve these issues.

I'm using firefox and win 7 on the celeron, firefox and Lubuntu on the Ryzen.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
The game is in round 173. I find the game is slow to load anything after 50 rounds. It's even worse after 100 rounds. I can't even imagine after 173 rounds. I assume they are going to work on a fix for this?

Thom27h

Awesome Player
I reckon the only good fix would be to reprogram everything from scratch, and this time with more focus on efficiency.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
The problem has been identified as resulting from the loading of the whole game record when the game is displayed. On long games, this is a fair amount of data that will block the browser
This is being addressed at this precise moment as a 2 step process:
1. A quick fix is being implemented that will return only a portion of the game record. This means that the whole record won't be visible, but it will allow to keep playing the games
2. Afterwards, this feature will be improved upon, so that the record is loaded incrementally from a paged API

A new deployment with a fix for this issue will be done in the next 24h