• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

Game has disappeared

Zorbmonkey

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
All games disappeared from "My Games" tabs. Only in one game at the moment which is also gone (North America, escalite, don't know the game number, I'm the last player in the sequence)

T79boy

Awesome Player
Same for me .... I am in about 20 games ... obv dont know any of their numbers !

Also the old thread for issues with beta games is not open for any more replies

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Same.

norbs

Awesome Player
All games disappeared from "My Games" tabs. Only in one game at the moment which is also gone (North America, escalite, don't know the game number, I'm the last player in the sequence)
Again??? Seriously??? Honestly, WTF?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yup same here. No games.

dulla

Awesome Player
All of my games are gone too. None are appearing in any tabs. Any update on a fix for this?

OverYourDeadBody-Sure

Awesome Player
It appears that there has been no statement about the current disappearance of games, which is very concerning. For those who want, ConquerClub.com offers similar games, but no Fixed. I think I read somewhere that MajorCommand was started by former ConquerClub players.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
<< I guess sheriff modified your comment on the mc forums....oopsie >>

I was not impressed :(

I can see that he didn't like the plug for D12, but that is on him.

He had a year before Flash died to make changes. Flash died in December 2020.. He's had almost 4 years and several cash infusions to make the changes.

The down times remind me of 'cash flow'' issues or really, really poor beta testing of new changes. :(

any business venture needs cash flow to survive. It's like humans' need blood to survive.

there is a limit to how fast the changes can be made if the Sheriff is funding this out of pocket or from a slowing trickle of paying members. I went gold to help. I will not be renewing my paid membership :(

so sad because MC is/was and still would be my first preference ..... if it was reliable.

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
It appears that there has been no statement about the current disappearance of games, which is very concerning. For those who want, ConquerClub.com offers similar games, but no Fixed. I think I read somewhere that MajorCommand was started by former ConquerClub players.
There was a statement from Sheriff, before your post just in another thread, you should read it.

FYI per the Wiki under Community Etiquette: No advertising. Advertising competing services and sites are not allowed. External links may be deleted if they are deemed as advertising. Advertising for a clan, tournament or anything else found on MajorCommand.com is of course perfectly fine.

letlight

Awesome Player
<< I guess sheriff modified your comment on the mc forums....oopsie >>

I was not impressed :(

I can see that he didn't like the plug for D12, but that is on him.

He had a year before Flash died to make changes. Flash died in December 2020.. He's had almost 4 years and several cash infusions to make the changes.

The down times remind me of 'cash flow'' issues or really, really poor beta testing of new changes. :(

any business venture needs cash flow to survive. It's like humans' need blood to survive.

there is a limit to how fast the changes can be made if the Sheriff is funding this out of pocket or from a slowing trickle of paying members. I went gold to help. I will not be renewing my paid membership :(

so sad because MC is/was and still would be my first preference ..... if it was reliable.
I dunno, I think all things considered the recent down time was not that long, I really don't think there is a better site to play Risk-inspired gaming than Major Command. I love the maps and the game options and I think overall the community here is great; and a lot better than when I first started playing here back in 2016. I think the level of engagement from the devs (thanks Sheriff) is overall not something you are going to find anywhere else; and, to Sheriffs credit, he takes all the heat and always takes it in stride. I wouldn't want to be in his position so kudos to Sheriff; and, as I said, he did a great job of cleaning up the community. This community of players is a major (pun intended) reason why I enjoy MC. Keep up the good work Sheriff!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah listen, I'm not a business person, I'm not a coder, I'm a just a player who joined majcom many years ago and fell in love with the game and the site.

If you remember back in the day when Badorties was in charge, the site had all sorts of issues. Classic-massive wouldn't load, there was the whole "stars" thing that we all watched and waited for to finish. There were "zero-troop" errors, there were games getting stuck, and the server kept needing to get rebooted.

Badorties all but gave up the on site, why? Because it wasn't making any money, and it wasn't working. I, for the love of the game, didn't want to see it shut down. So over the last 10 years I dumped around 150k of my own money into this site asking nothing in return, other than for everyone to have fun. That's all I wanted, a good place for people to play the game and have fun.

What I didn't want, and totally wasn't expecting, was for Adobe to end flash, and then have find people who can rewrite the entire code base from the ground up. Do you know how hard it is to find a coder who knows what they are doing, can learn how the site works own their own (because I certainly can't explain it to them). In fact, I have to totally trust whoever I hire not to screw me around, take my money, and then doesn't bail after a few months. It's worse than going to a random mechanic because your car rattles. And to top it off, most coders want $100 and hour, why? Because google, facebook, amazon, uber, apple, microsoft, and every other tech company pays that much and more. I don't earn that in a day, so finding a coder who is capable and willing to work for less is like finding a golden ticket. I've had a dozen bad experiences, and 2 or 3 good ones. It took Badorties 9 years to get the original majcom up and running, and it's taken me slightly less than that to rebuild it from scratch. If I knew how much time and money this would have cost when I took over, I never would have taken on the project and probably would have bailed the same time Badorties did.

This has definitely put a huge strain on my finances, caused a ton of stress over the years, and taken away all my spare time that i could have used to go out and get some much needed exercise. Nevertheless, I still love the site and the players and I still feel obligated and determined to make this the best site I can. Is that a smart idea? Absolutely not. It is financially, physically, and emotionally, a really bad decision on my part.

But like a say to myself every day, we're all going to die at some point, so if I can create a place where people can come and play games and have fun and hopefully be nice to each other, then dying broke would be worth it.