• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Forum organisation

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I struggle to find things on the Forums. Is it just me? Maybe it's an age-related thing. Or maybe it's a man-thing. I'm always complaining to the wife that I can't find things - and she just seems to be able to go to where it's meant to be, and pick it up. But the Forums remind me of my PC directory from a year or two back - everything left there higgledy-piggledy, stored in apparently random folders, with nothing ever having been deleted. After a certain point if you never tidy away the things you aren't using, you can't find the things you are.

Anyway, I appreciate that's it's difficult to decide what should be deleted or tidied away, and what shouldn't. And I'm mindful of the fact that I certainly wouldn't want to have to tidy it all up myself. But would it be possible to have some sort of 'Top Threads' selection right at the top? (Maybe there already is one - but I can't find it!!). That way, 99% of the time the thing you wanted would be plainly visible right at the top, and even a moron like me couldn't miss it.

(Just as an example, I came onto the Forum to report a little glitch on a Beta game - there has been a 'Problem with Beta Games' thread running. But this morning I', b@@@@@ed if I can find it)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes. Threads can sometimes be difficult to find. And there's nothing more frustrating than looking for something!

We are moving things around, hopefully to organize them better. And the ultimate goal is to make everything easier to find. So look for some improvements in the future.

Meanwhile, one handy button that might help, is the NEW POSTS button on the top right side, on the main page after you log in.

whats new.JPG

Clicking on that should give you a list of posts that might be relevant to you. Everyone sees a different selection (I think) but if you have been posting in a thread, it should be in that list.

Also at the top is a FIND THREADS link

find thread..JPG

So that might help too.

Let us know if what you're looking for can be found through one of these methods.

Thanks!

P.S. And there is also SEARCH in the top right corner too!

search.JPG

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I struggle to find things on the Forums. Is it just me? Maybe it's an age-related thing. Or maybe it's a man-thing. I'm always complaining to the wife that I can't find things - and she just seems to be able to go to where it's meant to be, and pick it up. But the Forums remind me of my PC directory from a year or two back - everything left there higgledy-piggledy, stored in apparently random folders, with nothing ever having been deleted. After a certain point if you never tidy away the things you aren't using, you can't find the things you are.

Anyway, I appreciate that's it's difficult to decide what should be deleted or tidied away, and what shouldn't. And I'm mindful of the fact that I certainly wouldn't want to have to tidy it all up myself. But would it be possible to have some sort of 'Top Threads' selection right at the top? (Maybe there already is one - but I can't find it!!). That way, 99% of the time the thing you wanted would be plainly visible right at the top, and even a moron like me couldn't miss it.

(Just as an example, I came onto the Forum to report a little glitch on a Beta game - there has been a 'Problem with Beta Games' thread running. But this morning I', b@@@@@ed if I can find it)

bahaha....ok...i feel for your wife....i believe it's a guy thing not being able to find things (don't worry my hubby is the same way...can't find a damn thing without my help...lol) i'm slowly picking at this forum and decluttering it.....since it seems to be a catch all place.

but in all fairness...the reporting beta game issues IS buried ...it's under announcements--> game engine....but i'll put a link here for you...

i'll also put a link at the top of this forum to direct traffic there as well. cheers!

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Yes -I'm finding my way about much better now. The 'Find Threads' tab is v helpful - as is the Latest Posts list. Problem solved (I think).