• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Fixed Force games - very few and why?

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
I see tons of chance games but very few fixed force games in the new games tab. How come you prefer chance over fixed force? In the past and playing chance games, all you hear is damn - got diced, F'n dice, etc.... In fixed force there is none of that and that is why I only limit myself to fixed force games. Any thoughts?

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I can't speak for anyone else, but Fixed Force games generally annoy me. In the past, I've usually fallen into them by accident - i.e., I didn't read closely enough to realize it was FF when I joined.

I learned shortly before the changeover how to search for games in certain parameters, which has been great. I now filter out FF along with fixed reinforcements, team play, and all the other settings that I don't personally enjoy. (Not slamming these if you like them! Just not my bag, baby. That's the great thing about MC -- you can play the games you like!)

All of this being said, it seems to be that there are fewer people playing fewer games lately. So perhaps that's had an impact on FF games as well -- it's not that there are simply fewer FF games, it's just that there are fewer games in general. Again, this is my observation/opinion, not a scientific fact. So, FWIW...

-MTH

Upvote 0

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I can't speak for anyone else, but Fixed Force games generally annoy me. In the past, I've usually fallen into them by accident - i.e., I didn't read closely enough to realize it was FF when I joined.

I learned shortly before the changeover how to search for games in certain parameters, which has been great. I now filter out FF along with fixed reinforcements, team play, and all the other settings that I don't personally enjoy. (Not slamming these if you like them! Just not my bag, baby. That's the great thing about MC -- you can play the games you like!)

All of this being said, it seems to be that there are fewer people playing fewer games lately. So perhaps that's had an impact on FF games as well -- it's not that there are simply fewer FF games, it's just that there are fewer games in general. Again, this is my observation/opinion, not a scientific fact. So, FWIW...

-MTH
You know you have "Fixed Force Club" under your avatar, right? 😁

I see tons of chance games but very few fixed force games in the new games tab. How come you prefer chance over fixed force? In the past and playing chance games, all you hear is damn - got diced, F'n dice, etc.... In fixed force there is none of that and that is why I only limit myself to fixed force games. Any thoughts?

To me personally you have to have some luck in a game - so if you are the underdog you can still pull some crazy dice and come back. Its why I prefer soccer to basketball actually

Upvote 0

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Ha - am I? I usually don't pay too much attention to the sideline stuff. I certainly don't remember signing up. But perhaps that was in my younger and more optimistic days... lol

-MTH

Upvote 0

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Ha - am I? I usually don't pay too much attention to the sideline stuff. I certainly don't remember signing up. But perhaps that was in my younger and more optimistic days... lol

-MTH
:ROFLMAO: ....that's because I've looped you into the clan at some point!

i LOVE fixed force BUT currently, you can attack with 2 troops and it totally changes up the gameplay. so....I'm waiting until they code it back to attacking with a minimum of 3 troops.

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
I am a fixed force fan! I love it and agree with peri that the current set up is not the same. It somehow takes part of the spice out of the game.

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter

To me personally you have to have some luck in a game - so if you are the underdog you can still pull some crazy dice and come back. Its why I prefer soccer to basketball actually
hmmmmm soccer to basketball? In fixed force you still have the factor of luck which is the card sets. But really you can make a fixed game very interesting, even with the 2 vs 1 attack is to limit or eliminate reinforcement and limit the number of units per set. That in my opinion brings the game to another level. So you have to plan since you can't reinforce and you have to double think since your source of units is limited. This can drag a game for over 50-60 turns, but what else do we have to do :)

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
I am a fixed force fan! I love it and agree with peri that the current set up is not the same. It somehow takes part of the spice out of the game.
I have a few games posted looking for players like you - come join

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
:ROFLMAO: ....that's because I've looped you into the clan at some point!

i LOVE fixed force BUT currently, you can attack with 2 troops and it totally changes up the gameplay. so....I'm waiting until they code it back to attacking with a minimum of 3 troops.
I miss seeing you in games

Upvote 0

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
i jumped into a game with you...see you on the battlefield!

Upvote 0

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
hmmmmm soccer to basketball? In fixed force you still have the factor of luck which is the card sets. But really you can make a fixed game very interesting, even with the 2 vs 1 attack is to limit or eliminate reinforcement and limit the number of units per set. That in my opinion brings the game to another level. So you have to plan since you can't reinforce and you have to double think since your source of units is limited. This can drag a game for over 50-60 turns, but what else do we have to do :)
I can agree that having this 2v1 attack brings the game to another level but this definitely gives the winning hand to the first player in a 1v1...

Upvote 0