• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Fast Players Wanted

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
So, how many of you out there tend to find yourself taking your turns pretty quickly, quicker than all the others in your game? I do. I often find myself taking turns within the first 5 minutes to an hour of them being available. Helped hugely by this Firefox Add-on:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/majorcommandcom-game-turn-noti/

The app is currently sitting at 43 users... some of you must browse the forums!

The reason for this thread is for us "Fast Turnover" players to get together and get some matches on the go! It is great to play 5 or 6 turns on the same casual game per day. Like a way more relaxed Real Time :D

Also, I've noticed that gravity & Owlcraft are both rapid at taking their turns, in my experience. Anyone else like us out there?

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Me, I'm PDQ - though, you know, everyone's gotta go offline to sleep or work sometime. I've added the add-on, we'll see how it works

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I tend to play pretty fast in the evenings, I'll get all my turns done in the AM before I'm off to work, then catch up again when i get home and keep up until its my beddy-bye time.

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
I don't have a social life. So as long as I'm not at work or sleeping, I can usually respond when my turn's ready (assuming the site's not too slow, which has been killing me these past few weeks)...

When the summer comes around and my job's volume drops, I'll have the free time to MajCom on my work comp as well!

Man, I really need another hobby :p

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
That add-on doesn't seem to do anything - what is it supposed to do?

I've noticed PJ seems pretty fast

Last edited:

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
PJ? Don't think I've met them.

You have to set the add-on up Cagey. Go into Add-Ons, then click the Options bit for the MajCom Turn Notifier and type in your username. Make sure to customise your firefox and drag that little box onto your screen somewhere. Sometimes it needs a couple of clicks to "wake it up", but if you have turns it will turn yellow and let you open your games right from there.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Hah, you got me!

PJ: Last active: 1yrs 4mons 11days ago

Not exactly what I was looking for :D

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
not PJ, I meant JP - all the right letters, just not precisely in the right order...

PKHustle

Awesome Player
I like this, sign me up.

I work, but I take my turns before work.. sometimes come home during lunch to take my turns again (perks of living 2 blocks away from your job).. and am on nearly all night when I come home.

I've been trying to find potential partners for team games but until this thread showed up, I had no idea who I could trust to not go AWOL (while still being skilled).

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
PK, I'd really suggest that you ask some of the other good players that you've played against in singles games if they want to partner with you. You'll find someone, probably before too long, that you like partnering with.

linkintheory13

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I gave that Firefox Add-on a go and it works great! I open the browser and the first place I look is at that little box to see if it is yellow. As far as playing fast...whenever I see that I have a turn I usually try to take it. Considering the site slowdowns, I figure I might as well play my turn when I know the site is running OK. Why wait and risk running into a site slowdown and missing my turn. I hate missing turns and I think I only went AWOL once because I was out of town.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
for a 'fast' game, that one is taking a while to fill up, lol

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yeah, it's the two guys that I took a chance on that haven't joined.. funnily enough. Sending Invites to our new sign ups now.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
What's up with this? I'm quite fast, too.

Trigsu

Awesome Player
Add me in. At the time I mainly play real-times because of that thing that you never really know is it your turn in the long games if you don't go to majorcommand site.

So this allows you to track our browsing history too? ^^

Maybe add the button go open games screen?

Last edited:

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
At the time I mainly play real-times because of that thing that you never really know is it your turn in the long games if you don't go to majorcommand site.

Read my very first post on this thread matey. Get yourself firefox, download that add-on, customise it to show the little box, and add your username in the add-on options. Instant turn notification from anywhere on the interwebz! ;)

And.. we did one game (it wasn't hugely speedy but it was way faster then average). Atm I have loads of games so I'll be making some more probably after the league finishes. If you want to organise some between yourselves, please do.

Trigsu

Awesome Player
I added the thingy and it seems to work. I thought I had to inform you so you add me into some sort of list that it works properly :)

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Bump - anyone else consider themselves a whizkid?

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
yeah sign me up I like to keep things moving unless at work, which when I find a tablet this site works on will hinder me no more :)