• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

Official Fall 2024 Update

Official

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Fall 2024 Update.

Right now there are a few things we are working on. Each task has a different timeline for completion, and a different release order. On top of that, there is still a lot of backend stuff that really isn't interesting to most players, so I won't dwell on that.

Nevertheless, this is what's on the boiler plate:
  • As mentioned in a previous post, the Points for Team Games have been calculated incorrectly since, well since the beginning of time.
    • Fixing the code was easy enough and we already released the corrected code a few days ago, so team game now calculate points correctly.
    • But there still are 14,707 instances of incorrect points being allocated to players for team games prior to today. And of course we want to correct those points without messing up the entire database while doing it. This is a bit of a delicate operation to get correct, but we are feeling confident this can be done relatively soon, and without incident. Meaning that sometime in the next week or two, any player that was involved in a Team Game will see their points adjusted (either up or down) when we roll out the corrected totals.
  • Second priority after points: We are also working on an email verification system, which is absolutely needed before we can send 'turn notifications' to your inbox. This is so you don't miss vital turns, and more importantly for new player retention. Currently there is a unacceptable amount of new players who sign up, join a game, and then never return to the site again. So email turn notifications is essential to bringing them back and following through with their turns. Setting this up requires a lot of backend, frontend, and 3rd party API integration work. So it still may take a month or more before an email verification system will be functional. After that is all installed, we will start working on a mechanism that actually sends out the turn notifications. So add some more time before that happens.

• There is also ticket to get ranks displaying again, but we haven't starting looking at that yet.

• Finally, another major undertaking that we started working on recently is the Tournaments feature. This is huge, so don't expect it until well after Christmas at the soonest. The main tournament framework (frontend) is starting to take shape. But we don't have any backend logic yet. That will happen after the first two issues are resolved. Here are some screenshots to let you know what it looks like:

tournaments screen 1.jpg

tournaments screen 2.jpg

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
tournaments are great news. this, together with diplomacy, is the feature i miss the most here.
while you are working on the points for team games - it would be great if you could also make sure the score for players in a game is not locked in at the time of joining, but either when the game starts or is finished? not sure which of the two is better, but having the score locked in at join time has taken the scoreboard into bizarre territory. thanks for the update & fingers crossed.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Thanks for the update but I still say Password Protection is very important...How hard can it be???

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
What's up with MC, it doesn't show games list...

engelbrekt1390

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I noticed. I cant find my current games

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos