• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

EUROPE MASSIVE Feedback Thread

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I really like the map, congrats for the amazing job.

Just one comment. I know there are auto-deployed, but it'd be better to have the command bonuses on the intel tab. With a map as big as this, it takes a lot of time to find out how much each is getting...

All you have to do is look at brief for Turkey to see it gets a 4 & you'll know how much the guy (or you) will be getting.

I really like the auto-deploy - it's cool!

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Just one comment. I know there are auto-deployed, but it'd be better to have the command bonuses on the intel tab.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I completely agree. It is an issue in all maps that use non-traditional bonuses, but since this map uses auto-deploys exclusively the problem is more pronounced.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I have to revive the almost dead horse of Ireland and Malta: Please also change Malta to a starting two-neutral. It's absolutely unfair that the player who happens to have the UK should get an easy +1 while the Italian doesn't. And while we're at it, Andorra is another of those useless little +1's, who could be reduced to a neutral two.

The alternative would be to revert Ireland back to three-neutral. Apart from Denmark (which is an important connection), none of the one-territory commands really have more worth than Ireland.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I really like the map, congrats for the amazing job.

Just one comment. I know there are auto-deployed, but it'd be better to have the command bonuses on the intel tab. With a map as big as this, it takes a lot of time to find out how much each is getting. Any chance to change it?

Best,

Palmono

You know, at first I thought the same. But now, I feel it gives us a different taste when the bonus are hidden. I quite like it for a change.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The alternative would be to revert Ireland back to three-neutral. Apart from Denmark (which is an important connection), none of the one-territory commands really have more worth than Ireland.
This would be my preference, but I've been waiting for consensus.

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
This would be my preference, but I've been waiting for consensus.

agree with ireland at 3 neutr. No really need to give someone a headstart there

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
agree with ireland at 3 neutr. No really need to give someone a headstart there

I don't like it, I firmly believe that as a 3-neut it will sit untouched 3/4 of the time, but I'm not going to argue the point any further, I really don't care all that much.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I hold Greece and Turkey, but one can only have one bonus (+1) for Cypres.
Watching the record tab, I noticed the code is adding +1 (for Greece), +1 (for Turkey), and then -1 (to subtract the extra one given)

Here:

4/07/16 18:18:12 LordAdef Player Icon LordAdef Auto Deployed -1 units on Cyprus
04/07/16 18:18:12 LordAdef Player Icon LordAdef Auto Deployed 1 units on Cyprus
04/07/16 18:18:12 LordAdef Player Icon LordAdef Auto Deployed 1 units on Cyprus

Not a problem, but not an elegant code, and a slow one that could and should be optimized.

Something like this should do it:

If Greece= TRUE or Turkey= TRUE then Cypres (+1)

...In whatever language you are using. This way only uses 1 operation instead of 3, thus making it 3 times faster.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I know that I shouldn't base map decisions on a couple of games, but I'm stuck in multiple games on this map. The escalating card values doesn't keep pace with the number of troops on the board. I'm thinking that it would be interesting to have some sort of next-level command bonus that is a big enough bonus to change the flow of stuck games... a nuclear option, if you will.

Not a problem, but not an elegant code, and a slow one that could and should be optimized.
I agree. It's not an option with the current game engine, but will be an option after the re-code is completed. It's been one of my highest priority requests, as it opens up all kinds of bonus possibilities.

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I know that I shouldn't base map decisions on a couple of games, but I'm stuck in multiple games on this map. The escalating card values doesn't keep pace with the number of troops on the board. I'm thinking that it would be interesting to have some sort of next-level command bonus that is a big enough bonus to change the flow of stuck games... a nuclear option, if you will.

Like super commands?

USSR countries +20 troops ?
and like UK-iberia-france +20 troops ?

Oggyyy

Awesome Player
The Borg
Minor Error maybe?

On the record tab Cyprus shows the following:

Auto Deployed -1 units on Cyprus (its the only region to have the "-" symbol on the record tab)

Pretty certain however it correctly deploys +1

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You have game number we can look at? Or a screenshot?

Thanks.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah, that's just the way the game deals with multiple bonus possibilities.

For example, you get 1 troop on Crimea if you have either Russia or Ukraine.

But you do not get 2 troops if you have both Russia and Ukraine.

So if you have both, the game will give you 1 troop for having Russia, and 1 troop for having Ukraine, and then it will take away the extra -1 troop so you end up with 1 on Crimea, and not 2.

Make sense?

Last edited:

Oggyyy

Awesome Player
The Borg
I must have been wearing goggles not to notice the multiple entries for Crimea/Cyprus basically doing everything as you have explained above. Makes perfect sense!

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for taking the time to explain

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I'm in a Euro Massive game
(command bonusses are auto deployed on capital regions)
10 players
no reinforcements
escalite

If there's ever gonna be an option to disable diplomacy, I think it should be the default setting if these no reinforcements are chosen as a settings for euro massive.
Coz wherever anyone would wanna treaty is also the only possibility to attack with command stacks, which is exactly what's happening.
which means the game is gonna last forever

maybe disable Reinforcement Allowance "None" as a setting option for now for Euro Massive games?

otherwise, I <3 this map.

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Thanks for making this map, love it... but I'd like to propose some minor changes

The region named Komi isn't where Komi is. The western border of the actual Komi Republic is much further west than depicted on the map; the eastern half of Archangelsk region is actually all Komi. If you draw a line between the eastern part of the northern kaspian and Kanin peninsula (east of the white sea) that's where the western border of Komi should be.

Also, a few regions could be renamed;

"Northern Germany" = Lower Saxony?

The regions called "Eastern Anatolia" and "Southeastern Anatolia" really aren't part of actual Anatolia at all! Now I know Ankara doesn't recognise minorities and just calls Kurds "mountain Turks" but Northern (Turkish) Kurdistan and Southern (Turkish) Kurdistan would be far more accurate (especially if the borders would be slightly redrawn) or just Turkish Kurdistan and Western Armenia (if you want to piss off fascist Turkish Armenian genocide deniers) *Armenians in Turkey in 1910

"West Ukraine" corresponds a lot with eastern Galicia, or "Halych(yna)" in Ukrainian, or Galicia–Volhynia... so I guess Halych-Volhynia?

"Central Ukraine" corresponds a lot with the dialect of the Ukrainian language spoken there which is "Surzhyk"

"South Ukraine" is almost exactly the same as Novorossiya

Over half the population of "Western Germany" lives in the Ruhr(gebiet) or Nordrhein Westfalen

calling all these regions by wind directions is kinda boring :p

add: Midt-Norge is synonymous to Trøndelag

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Europe Massive Map

Real life Komi lies west of the Ural mountains. This is entirely located in the MajCom Archangelsk region, which is actually the oblasts of Archangelsk, Vologda, Komi, Nenets, Tver and Yaroslavl.

The MajCom region called Komi is actually the southern part of the Ural federal district; the cities of Yekaterinburg and Chelyabinsk are situated here.
Chelyabinsk is where the Soviets built the tanks that defeated the Nazi's during WW2 hence it's nickname Tankograd
Yes guys, the Komi region should be renamed Tankograd!!! :D
(or Urals or Chelyabinsk or Yekaterinburg... but Komi is a mistake. It's about as accurate as naming Chicago "Dakota")

Last edited: