• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

End Game Options for a player to Surrender or for the game to End in a Draw

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Suggestions for a couple of new end-game 'time saving' options -

Option 1. a 'surrender' option for a player to surrender when the outcome is probable but many turns away,
Points for option 1? - if the other player(s) accept the surrender offer, then the surrendering player concedes 2/3rds of the points they would otherwise eventually have lost, and

Option 2. a 'draw' option when a match is deadlocked and see-sawing back and forth with no early outcome in site.
Points for option 2? - if "all" players agree to end in a 'draw' then the game ends with no points gained or lost by any of the players.

Last edited:

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
i like this idea. not sure which option - probably full points awarded for the win.

-mth

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
i like this idea. not sure which option - probably full points awarded for the win.

-mth
hi mth and thanks for the response. My error. My wording about the points wasn't clear. I've revised the wording to reflect a possible point outcome for each option.

My thoughts on the 2/3rds points, rather than the full points, was an an incentive to speed the final outcome.

I now see the down side. Why would the probable victor settle for only 2/3rds the points when pursuing the game to its likely conclusion would take longer and offer full points.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Suggestions for a couple of new end-game 'time saving' options -

Option 1. a 'surrender' option to give the option to surrender when the outcome is probable but many turns away,
Points for option 1? - if the other player(s) accept the surrender then the surrendering player concedes 2/3rds of the points they would otherwise eventually give up and

Option 2. a 'draw' option when a match is deadlocked and see-sawing back and forth with no early outcome in site.
Points for option 2? - if all players agree to ending in a draw then the game ends with no points gained or lost.

theoretically, i like the surrender button...but currently, i'm on another site (that shall not be named) and players have been abusing the surrender button. it has been brought up before here in the forums...i think the surrender button is good if there are 2 players left in the game.

i like the draw button

as well i like if players go awol for 15+ rounds, they should be kicked out of the game. there shouldn't be a return to base option for them. it really throws off those long flat-rate games when 1 player disappears for like a month and comes back....once you are out for like a month, that is it there is no coming back.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
as well i like if players go awol for 15+ rounds, they should be kicked out of the game. there shouldn't be a return to base option for them. it really throws off those long flat-rate games when 1 player disappears for like a month and comes back....once you are out for like a month, that is it there is no coming back.
Agreed periwinkle, though I'd like to see a much lower bar. I can see a person going AWOL once or twice every now and then. To me if a player is AWOL for 4 turns then I'd like to see them shaded grey and AWOL for the rest of that game.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Ok....how about 8 rounds? I think it takes 4 rounds to become awol.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Ok....how about 8 rounds? I think it takes 4 rounds to become awol.
good point, the AWOL status varies << You miss two turns in a row if you are a grunt; three for a strategist, four for commander class - the wiki >> I'm good with being booted from the game after missing 8 rounds, though 6 would be better as the top Ranks should be held to a higher standard than the beginners.

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
My thoughts on the 2/3rds points, rather than the full points, was an an incentive to speed the final outcome.

I now see the down side. Why would the probable victor settle for only 2/3rds the points when pursuing the game to its likely conclusion would take longer and offer full points.
Yes, that's exactly the conclusion I came to. Might be a disincentive for the victor -- in which case it doesn't solve anything. All or nothing would work best, I think.

-MTH