• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

do you remember...

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
the worst time ever, in memory, that you were sick?
and i don't mean like, terminally ill, or diseased.. i mean like.. sick!
puking, pooping, crying, snotting, coughing, dying.. for a week or less?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
does being hungover count?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
A night to remember and a vomitting hangover usually don't go together.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I reckon dope sick wouldn't count either then. That would be my worst.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I was 7 or 8 and had chicken pox.
I remember laying on the couch and seeing everyoen speed up and slow down like a movie being rewound and fast forwarded.
The sounds too. High pitched voices (chipmunks) and then sllllooooooowwwww speeeeeeed grrooooaaaning vooiiiicessss

But I did not speed up or slow down.
I felt like I was outside of time watching the world go by.
NOT FUN.

I started to get dizzy and started crying.
Very long and drawn out cries.

Then mom came over and sat by me.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Widz, that reminds me of when my little brother had the chicken pox, I was in 1st grade. He had a bad fever and was hallucinating, he thought there were monkeys in the livingroom attacking the family. The only thing my first grade mind could think of was to make him feel better by pretending to fight the monkeys and save us, lol.

Ghost, I'm not sure we're talking about the same "dope". I'm talking about dope that can kill, not the herbal kind.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
one of my best friends wedding reception night. He got married in England, but he had his reception in the states. All our college friends came into town and it was going to be a blast. But a few hours before the event, my wife got ill, starting puking and was super sick. we couldn't go. I had to stay with her and take care of her. A few hours after that, it hit me also. We both had rotavirus. It was the most sick either of us had ever been, and it was at the same time, during what was suppose one of the best party nights of our life. It was so bad, my wife was puking in the toilet, and i was beside her puking in the tub.

Thanks for bringing up such good memories!

warneke

Awesome Player
Yeah. A few times. Once from a bad reaction from surgery. Another time, 3 years ago I had bronchitis for 3 weeks with a 104 fever the whole time--I didn't think I was THAT sick until my family ordered to go to the doctor, or else (your family may not have good threats, mine does....).

Another from some bug I caught: to this day, I have no idea what it was or where I got it, I was 17 and it was January. But, I successfully gave it to a bunch of people after I had it, so it was some sort of germ. I thought I was going to die. If I had known what the symptoms of a brain aneurysm I'd have demanded I be taken to the hospital because I had all the symptoms. All of a sudden, I got the WORST MIGRAINE EVER. Nothing I took helped. After a while, I couldn't see right and I had trouble moving and had a fever. I tried to sleep but I just hallucinated, some of it I thought I was in an ambulance and others, there were like 20 little pedestals around me with little geishas taking care of me, they were so worried! I was in horrible, horrible pain. The next morning, I finally felt better. I don't know, it was just horrible. The pain was the worst. Over the next few days, my dad and my English teacher both got it and complained of stroke-like symptoms, but with a fever. I don't know what it was, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i think the worst sick i have ever been was after i had my daughter last year...
two weeks after we came home from the hospital.. i started having gallbladder attacks.
it wasn't my first time, i had a few over the years from a single small pebble sized gallstone that was bouncing around in my stomach acids making me feel like a herd of cattle were storming my insides. not fun, at all. while preggo with my daughter, i had been weak.. not well, most of the pregnancy, with no real explanation from the doctor. no attacks, at all. just.. always feeling sick.

turns out my daughter presence was keeping the attacks at bay.. so, when i gave birth to her, my attacks just slammed me. and hard. i was in agonizing pain. to try and explain gallbladder pain, any medical personal i spoke to told me, it was the WORST pain a human being can experience. and mine was just that... i went to the hospital numerous times, and ended up being put on percocet for 7 weeks. which still didn't take the pain away, but numbed it. for awhile...after that, the hospital wasn't doing shit.. so i drove two hours North to our 'family' doctor. my parents doctor...she immediately put me on different medications to take 'with' the percs and got me at least, mobile. and able to not feel pain, for awhile. she also hooked me up with a surgeon, she said my gallbladder was infected, badly, and needed to be removed. most likely from trauma from the gallbladder attacks, which were caused by the gallstone.. so... two weeks later, completely pain free.. i went to a surgeon, and was booked for a week later to have my gallbladder removed through laproscopic surgery. when i went for the surgery, they told me the plan, two small incisions, one for tools, one for camera.. they'll take it out by deflating it.. blah blah. after the surgery, when waking up from being put under, i was in the worst possible pain i have ever felt. and i am a mother of 3.. so that tells you something... ended up, my gallbladder was soooo infected, it was 5 times the size a gallbladder should be.. so they couldn't get it out. knowing that however, they knew it needed to be removed.. so they had used a different technique.. emergancy keyhole surgery... they undid my belly button...took out my nasty gallbladder... and tied it back up. there is a key shaped incision scar around my belly button from where they needed to stretch the skin, to re-ty... crazy.

but now, i am ala no gallbladder pains ever again.

/end rant.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
oh, and these past few weeks...
ask Bado.. we have suffered.
puke-poops and everything.
so gross.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Of all the comments you made... this is the one part that made me feel queezy.

lol...
yeah... tis nasty business.. organ removal.

fun fact: my donor card still says i can give my gallbladder to someone, should i die a freak death.
even though i no longer have one. :p

Tree-of-Souls

Awesome Player
lol...
yeah... tis nasty business.. organ removal.

fun fact: my donor card still says i can give my gallbladder to someone, should i die a freak death.
even though i no longer have one. :p

They are gonna be so mad once they open you back up.

Most sick I've ever been was when I had appendicitis when I was 10. I wasn't that ill though, I went to the doctor at 8AM, was in surgery at 7PM and out the next day. Although I couldn't put any weight on my right leg for ~4 days after.