• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Diplomatic Agreements in the New Engine.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I am all for no diplo in three player games but I think it is pretty much an un written rule around here, I like the way the game is set up now , when you break a treaty you loose points , then everyone sees your true colors
Totally agree with this.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
ok....i'm bringing this thread back ....since i assume this will be a priority to implement after scores are transferred...

since we have limited coding time....we need to be efficient.... what i propose (which incorporates everything currently in this thread)

1. No diplo games (so that the diplo tab is either disabled or not there)...but we still need to chat...pleasantries and jokes are always a good thing!
2. Diplo games....if you create the diplo....they are unbreakable....there also should be a cancel diplo button....effective the next round or 2 rounds out to give the other player some warning. The other options is to just have the current system that was in the flash engine. it's good enough.

this way there are only 2 options to choose when setting up/creating your games. just keeping things simple is the key to good mechanics of running the site and encouraging new players to stay. too many options may overwhelm them.

3. once there are 3 players....creating new diplos are disabled? that would be luxury in coding if we have time for it.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
....there also should be a cancel diplo button....effective the next round or 2 rounds out to give the other player some warning.
I don't like this option. One makes a diplo - stick to it. Depending on the reinforcement - you may not be able to strengthen that border in time if a player decides that a diplo no longer suits him.
There are players who make diplos for 20 rounds, with this kind of option ....... :(

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
i personally never had to break a diplo myself.....but i probably never ran into a circumstance where i needed to? i liked eric's suggestion of a cancel button...but i figured a 1 or 2 round warning should be sufficient for everyone in the game to know that a treaty is no longer in effect.

i think there should be just 2 options for now? we can code in extras later...

1. no diplo game
2. diplo game (but keep the old system?) it's a system that is familiar and although it's not perfect....it seems to work for the most part.

other diplo types like the unbreakable one is just a luxury at the moment....let's get this site back to it's original glory first...then we can work on improvements....my 2 cents.

Edit: i just remembered a game that both parties agreed to cancel a diplo.....perhaps it's only breakable if both parties agree? treaties are broken in real life all the time...hence we have the diplo score and the honourable score (which both of them are tied because i've seen some unfair diplos by unsuspecting noobs). it's a game in negotiation and diplomacy too...that is what makes it fun and different from the other sites...the fact that we have this ability to have diplos. anyway...if this is getting too complicated...i say stick with the original set up.

Last edited:

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
"...... perhaps it's only breakable if both parties agree?"

If both parties have to agree to cancel a diplo - I say why not. :)