• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Diplomacy ruins the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
:hahaha: bahahaha...you're funny...

….and it doesn't matter how the site is set up....someone will always complain....can't make everyone happy :lollypop:

You like to accuse people of stuff they aren't actually guilty of.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Clearly, you disagree and you don't think it would help you and you rather have the site changed.

You speak as though the site is static. It's not. Rules can be changed by those who have the power to do it. And if they get presented with a good idea, I imagine they will consider acting on it. But that's not the point. We're having an academic discussion. I don't expect anything to come from this.

Think about the half-deploy for the first player in a 2p. Do you agree or disagree?

I can just imagine that on General Command, you'd be the first to defend unbreakable diplos. It is possible, for some people, to imagine things different from what they are.

Edit. I'm just talking about gameplay. You say I'm in favor of unbreakable diplos because it would "help me". How do you know that? Why do you accuse me of being selfish? Why can't I just prefer that because it would actually be better?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Diplo score Fraudulent

The Diplomacy score is fraudulent. If you break a diplo your diplo score goes down by 30 points for the first offence. The second is 60. third is 90 and so on. My first two broken diplo's were nonsense. There was a flaw in the system. A player could break an adjacent region and at that point truce is broken, or thou a thought. I attacked back. If the round was still the same round. You could get charged, but if it was the next you couldn't. So when I broke a truce on purpose for revenge reasons against a crazy man. I was at 910. So now 8 years later I think I've broken 2 more, again for stupid revenge reasons, but some players hold grudges into games months later. He doesn't play on the site anymore. So I believe my next break would put me at 820. I don't believe getting 1 point back at a time. In particular when your first two were nonsense. Someone brand new would see my 820 and think I break a lot more then most. Which is false. Not sure how to change but I think the increases need to be calculated with more perspective. Most players aren't going to in the middle of a play. Go to someone's home page to see how many games they played. It's not a true reflection of how one plays. I have read both positive and negative things about truces. Something happened this year that bothered me about a broken truce. I was killed in a multi-game tournament that I loved, almost won too. CCC, great tournament. I noticed I was killed and couldn't understand. So I logged on to the game and saw that I was killed by a player who broke a truce. being that the game wasn't finished yet. I charged him with break truce, but if he was able to run the board with a broken truce and then CAN'T BE CHARGED that would ruin so many games and it is available right now. I appreciate that hardly ever do I see that tactic done. If players felt that was a cool option to run the board. I wouldn't want to be in those games. You should always be able to charge a player regardless of if the game is over or not. Maybe if it should total tuces broken and then in parenthesis total games played. I believe some of this will be revamped with coming changes.:alberteinstein::dontknow:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I can imagine a different world here. One without people whining about life. Or what they dont like.

Where people can accept and move on. Live in peace and harmony without shoving their opinions down upon others.

I also realize its life and it will never change.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I can imagine a different world here. One without people whining about life. Or what they dont like.

Where people can accept and move on. Live in peace and harmony without shoving their opinions down upon others.

:congrats:

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
Non-breakable diplos is a very interesting idea. I still don't like diplos because they can usually be unfair and used to 'gang up' on players. All systems are vulnerable to abuse. Ultimately you should avoid playing with people whose style you dislike. That's what I do. Just my opinion.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar

I agree.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
The Diplomacy score is fraudulent. If you break a diplo your diplo score goes down by 30 points for the first offence. The second is 60. third is 90 and so on. My first two broken diplo's were nonsense. There was a flaw in the system. A player could break an adjacent region and at that point truce is broken, or thou a thought. I attacked back. If the round was still the same round. You could get charged, but if it was the next you couldn't. So when I broke a truce on purpose for revenge reasons against a crazy man. I was at 910. So now 8 years later I think I've broken 2 more, again for stupid revenge reasons, but some players hold grudges into games months later. He doesn't play on the site anymore. So I believe my next break would put me at 820. I don't believe getting 1 point back at a time. In particular when your first two were nonsense. Someone brand new would see my 820 and think I break a lot more then most. Which is false. Not sure how to change but I think the increases need to be calculated with more perspective. Most players aren't going to in the middle of a play. Go to someone's home page to see how many games they played. It's not a true reflection of how one plays. I have read both positive and negative things about truces. Something happened this year that bothered me about a broken truce. I was killed in a multi-game tournament that I loved, almost won too. CCC, great tournament. I noticed I was killed and couldn't understand. So I logged on to the game and saw that I was killed by a player who broke a truce. being that the game wasn't finished yet. I charged him with break truce, but if he was able to run the board with a broken truce and then CAN'T BE CHARGED that would ruin so many games and it is available right now. I appreciate that hardly ever do I see that tactic done. If players felt that was a cool option to run the board. I wouldn't want to be in those games. You should always be able to charge a player regardless of if the game is over or not. Maybe if it should total tuces broken and then in parenthesis total games played. I believe some of this will be revamped with coming changes.:alberteinstein::dontknow:

Interesting. I think you should be penalized for breaking the truce automatically, no need to ask for permission from the offended party.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Interesting. I think you should be penalized for breaking the truce automatically, no need to ask for permission from the offended party.

One of the reasons is that a truce can be broken without penalty if both prties agree the truce isn't useful anymore. That way, they can agree on not charging each other for breaking the truce, which might be useful in some cases.

That said, I'm happy there is a way for the thugs out there to communicate and make their stupid truces along an official path, rather than colluding behind the back of others outside the official channels, as is definitely not a cool thing to do.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
One of the reasons is that a truce can be broken without penalty if both prties agree the truce isn't useful anymore. That way, they can agree on not charging each other for breaking the truce, which might be useful in some cases.

That said, I'm happy there is a way for the thugs out there to communicate and make their stupid truces along an official path, rather than colluding behind the back of others outside the official channels, as is definitely not a cool thing to do.

Oh yes....thanks for the reminder and insight sebrim....i remember a game i was in that both parties agreed to end the truce early. It was to bust a command of another party that was in the lead, which helped them.

Yes I like this official path as well. You can get really creative and I've seen some creative diplos! :lollypop:

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

Talking outside of the game, about a particular game is one of the two rules at MC. It is a Bannable offence. The other as we know is ..Don't be that guy. I can't believe for a single game win. A player would tarnish everything. My word is my bond. Show class and respect and play with pride.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
:congrats:

You pretend to take the high road (do you do that a lot?), but what you do is make all these bogus arguments, then claim they weren't what you were trying to say when other's find fault in your reasoning.

There is no argument to poke holes in, it's my strategy on how I deal with it and I'm happy to share it if it would help others. Take it for what it's worth.

yes...but that's not how real life works. Diplos are broken all the time.

Above is your thesis. It was your opening statement in your first and second replies. So your argument (whether you concede this or not) is that in real life, diplos are broken, so it only makes sense that they can be broken on MC. Your backtracking that you're only giving advice is simply your failure to admit your argument is a losing position.

In real life, war isn't prosecuted in "sequence", whereby everyone takes turn attacking one neighbor in a 3 vs 2 assaulting format. So I don't know what your reference about "real life" has anything to do with what we are playing here.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player

You know BB, I was going to ask where you stood on the matter, for or against breakable diplos.

But I wouldn't want to offend your sense of holy self-righteousness. So I'll pass.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
OK, this thread has devolved into people (or at least one person) contributing nothing but snark, so it's CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.