• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Crusades

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Are crusades the same as campaigns? Doesn't really matter - was just wondering if there was any way to promote them a bit as they take ages to fill up. But they're really satisfying formats to play if the team is good, and I don't suppose many players have loads of experience of them, simply because they take so long to start. Any way of advertising them a bit more? Not necessarily with the offer of free membership extension, like last time. I reckon quite a few people might join more frequently if they were on the radar with a bit of a higher profile?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
24 player games have always been an issue. back in the day I would have 2 different ways to get them filled which any person could do.

1. Create a email list of ALL commander class players. (just look at the scoreboard for top 200 players was good enough). Then email them 2x a week or however often to talk up the game and get them to join. Spammin works!

2. Create a thread here talking it up on how fun the games are, all the points [possible, udo's etc.

It still takes awhile, but once you near 18 to 20 players on a game, the rest of the spots usually fill up quicker.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I'll be doing what blueb suggested with FF games too...but after the FF tourney...that is sucking up all my time and brain power at the moment.... :hmmmm:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
this should be a decent start for all players who can join 24 player games. I did it on my lunch hour so very likely to have some spelling error. I only used the top 200 list as specified on the scoreboard. there are some privates and corporals out there that could be added. I suppose easiest way is to look at the current list of 24 player games and look for the people with lower scores.

Th-child, swashbuckler, ericjkline, rhinoman, dorcee, masterjskye, engelbrekt1390, spirop, sannheten, spartacus1, dalinar, ajdedo, thegeneral, periwinkle, clarkenfeld, gipper624, xsb1977, zonie, riskyone, shalamtu, micky, brianstheman, h-barca, welshmaz, bilsi, shepherd, cardinalsrule, elricsbiscuit, markattax, rooster513, brotherinarms, tapeworm, gfunk74, airwick, redstorm, eltoad, biliam82, ballzdeep, jazz9000, broncoblue89, d-flat, smaryll, kardiak, studiocity, subwayatnight, calume, number2, palmono, captsweatpants, hortik, sj999, hawd96lz, matildathehun, chacha75, estraug2, ndrm31, stugotz, hummingman, pericles-of-athens, sebrim, mrtotoro1, warmonger, luiscasanova, augie79, roscokov, kowboy, engineerairborne, worldruler2010, thebob, snackyyyy, sgtpatton, sunshinealliance, hanible, patriot, newsheriffintown

Last edited:

chacha75

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
Are crusades the same as campaigns? Doesn't really matter - was just wondering if there was any way to promote them a bit as they take ages to fill up. But they're really satisfying formats to play if the team is good, and I don't suppose many players have loads of experience of them, simply because they take so long to start. Any way of advertising them a bit more? Not necessarily with the offer of free membership extension, like last time. I reckon quite a few people might join more frequently if they were on the radar with a bit of a higher profile?

I must say that I have the following experience with crusades: I lose most of the time for lack of communication or an obvious stronger team on the other side, quite frustrating.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Crusades are a great way to get medals. You get a lot of UDOs. I suggest getting a group together that want to get some medals and pick some maps. It is crappy to get on a crusade with AWOL players, and if they take too long to fill up, you get people who've gone AWOL.