• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Clans

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Hi all,

I am now wondering since a while what is the real purpose of the clans within the MC Community.

When I saw the word clan, when I joined the site, I was expecting that there were kind of tournaments between clans, even a scoreboard between clans and so on...
Now, I understand that MC has not enough active users to have a "big" clan-tournament/scoreboard but maybe it can already start with small clans of 4 or 6 and grow by the time.

Just giving this idea to "broaden" the interest of new players to join the community and make it even better.

The More, The Merrier.

Cheers,
Hortik

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hi hortic; there still are social clans working,*fixed force, borg F.E. competitive clans where fun, but take a long time to get involved, those persons choose to organize survivor,, or MOM fdr example

Upvote 0

kenjoh

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Just giving this idea to "broaden" the interest of new players to join the community and make it even better.

I thought the same about clans when I started in MC. But I haven't heard anything much about them really in my ten months here.

Maybe it would be good to have a conversation here about whether they could be used somehow to make MC more interesting, and whether they could be used to create a different type of competition. But then maybe there just aren't enough players who would be interested.

Comments anyone?

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Comments anyone?

I should think that there are enough players at MC who are interested. Just a few thoughts to get this discussion going: Some players are members in more than one clan (not sure if that's so good. I could imagine though that a member could move from one clan to another). I understand that it is the creator of a clan and its members who invite someone to become a member (which is how it should be - but are any of the clan members on the lookout?). Members that have been inactive at MC for a certain period of time should be removed from a clan. Could become really interesting and challenging ...

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Some players are members in more than one clan (not sure if that's so good. I could imagine though that a member could move from one clan to another).

There are 2 types of clans: competitive and social. Members are only allowed to be members of 1 competitive clan but as many social clans as they want. For example, I'm in TheBorg, the Assassin's guild, the Loaded Dice Fixed Force clan, and more. But only one Competitive clan.

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Wasn't thorough enough when looking around. Thanks for the explanation Cards, that's clear and logic. :)

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
A lot of the social clans are for particular games; TheBorg is for people who want to play team games, LoadedDice is for Fixed force games, etc. If you're looking for good partners for team games or for a good game with people who understand how to play as a teammate, TheBorg's the clan for you. Join the ones that suit what you're looking for!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kenjoh

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
So if I were to apply for a competitive clan soon, would it end up as a social clan, or has that bug been remedied? I read about that in older posts. As far as I could gather, Badorties switched the current two competitive clans over from social years ago, since the system didn't create competitive clans when they were requested.

Are there some workarounds we could do if we wanted to have, say, four competitive clans, even if the system showed them as social clans? Such as, the clans that declare as competitive could self-police the no-duplicate members rule.

Further, is anyone interested in competitive clans at the present?

Just thinking out loud on electronic paper here...lol.

By the way, I listen to music while on MC, so my current avatar really rocks, eh?

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
What exactly is the goal of a social clan? I can see there are clans whose members play an important role at MC (i.e. AADOMM, The Embassy, The Commission, MajCom Criminal investigation Command, etc). These are social clans, but does that mean that they are not interested in winning a few medals? Same for the Old Soldiers Club - don't they want to show that age at MC is of no importance and line the shelves of their carnotzet with some trophies?
Maybe I don't quite grasp the meaning of "social clan" at MC. What do they do, apart from being a member? Any action/discussions whatsoever?

I am definitely interested in joining a clan. For me a clan like Assassins Guild is interesting - especially if assassin team games are coming up (BETA), as I love teamgames but also assassin games where I play solo. A clan like The Borg, with 58 members, is less interesting for me - too many members.

Yes, good avatar :)

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I am definitely interested in joining a clan. For me a clan like Assassins Guild is interesting - especially if assassin team games are coming up (BETA)

Yes, good avatar :)

Hi Micky, not sure if team assassin will be aviable in the new engine *even don't think it's will be fair, for now it's aviable in tourneys so as team mercenaries bbut teammercs is bugged so we don't start thos tourneys

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Team assassin will be available in the new engine, with some restrictions.

Social clans are, as I said, mostly for people with specific interests. Assassin's Guild is for people who like to play assassin style, (obviously) Borg is for team games. You may not like the clans with large # of people, but theBorg is a good place to find a partner for a team game who knows what they're doing. A lot of the clans you mentioned, Micky, are the CentCom groups to 'police' various aspects of MajCom, or for development, like the MapMaking clan.

I don't think that the issue with Competitive vs. Social was ever fully solved, I know there are 5 in the Social category that are really competitive clans; W&C, LOS, Old Soldiers, Los Bambinos, and The B Squad. Hopefully those will be moved over to the correct category when the bug is fixed.

Upvote 0

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Micky, regards your question about the value of belonging to a social clan.........my experience has been that social clans such as assassins guild (just as an example LOL), etc pop up with lots of interest in the beginning but as time goes on members of the clan visit the clan forum less and less and therefore the value of belonging is less and less. Perhaps a purposefully small clan group with "chatty" members would break that mold, IDK. AND I'm a believer in the clan concept. just my 2c.

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Cards, I mentioned the CentCom clans specifically because originally I was going to suggest a third category for them in the Clan section (because of their importance and obvious active role and at MC). But then I didn't because there is an overlap with the Forum. People don't need to go to these clans to suggest ideas like IronDuke did on the "Tournament Organizers" in 2015 - it can be done through "Forum Games & Tournament Ideas"?. Same for AADOMM - there is the "Map Studios" in the Forum which is used for ideas/suggestions/brainstorming. Obviously only people with specifically required skills will knock on these clans' doors and ask to become a member. Where are all their discussions held? In the clan section? This may be part of why Hortik started this thread? This could be a new kind of start of these clans - get them going again, whatever. If they haven't been sorted out, or their roles identified, why not now? A member of a clan when activating MC for the turns would normally first go to see if there is anything new on his/her clan. Do any of the members now do that? How often do they go and check?

I also agree what you say about the number of members in The Borg clan. True, that one may have to go through a number of members before finding The Teammate with whom one really hits it off well.
For me, being part of a clan is something special, a bond, shared to have jokes and laughs etc, but also to enhance performance and thrive towards a goal. Competition among the clans could be another plus at MC I believe and add .........

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Micky, regards your question about the value of belonging to a social clan.........my experience has been that social clans such as assassins guild (just as an example LOL), etc pop up with lots of interest in the beginning but as time goes on members of the clan visit the clan forum less and less and therefore the value of belonging is less and less. Perhaps a purposefully small clan group with "chatty" members would break that mold, IDK. AND I'm a believer in the clan concept. just my 2c.

Redstorm, as I am a believer in clans too, I say get this value of belonging back to these clans. If there is still a spark - then the fire is not far :)

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
. People don't need to go to these clans to suggest ideas like IronDuke did on the "Tournament Organizers" in 2015 -

Micky the tournament generator is an open forum for suggestions for new tourneys, any player can *and shall hehe post there; besides T.O. as a clan, has his own kprivate forum

Upvote 0

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Micky, regards your question about the value of belonging to a social clan.........my experience has been that social clans such as assassins guild (just as an example LOL), etc pop up with lots of interest in the beginning but as time goes on members of the clan visit the clan forum less and less

IMHO Assassin Guilt is good as it is; no so much sense to use it to post games there fore to play allways the same people; I guess that, and same is for other clans, some mor post now and then; but I know that we all are busy with our lifes out of MAJCOM, so I like it the way that it is now; we also have these rich forums ;)

Upvote 0