• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Clan league idea

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Hi everyone

I suppose one of the first things to discuss would be a league of some kind...

A number of games and tournaments that would decide the winning clan. I think it should be a SET AMOUNT then this would ensure a clear winning clan and make it more competitive

Thought`s ?? idea`s ??

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
As we already have 3 competitive clans, we could start some things going.

My first two ideas:

- everybody playes heads-ups with all members of the other clans (2 heads-up, actually. One player decides the settings in the first, and the other in the seconds). Every win is worth 1 point, at the end we just sum up the points, and there you go, the whiners and crybabies win. (Note, this would be very easy to organize between 2 clans. To include all 3 clans seems to be more difficult, because one of the clans, khm, is not even able to recruit 12 members.)

- the last man standing. Heads-ups again, but instead of a scoring system, if a player loses 2 games consecutively, he/she is out (again, not so easy, if the clans have different number of members). The clan of the last man standing wins.

Thanks for Bado for setting this up!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
maybe you should try some interclan battles first. discover what is the best format, etc.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
yep, btw the players on each game in the generated tournaments are random :S, I will ask la famiglia in our next council about it

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
well they may be triples games, cosa nostra family doesnt seem to expand in the nearly future, due to the low birth rate in Clericuzio, nor is the idea of ​​reproducing the human race right now, option a) to force cosa nostra to include new members *as I said its not the idea, option b) 3 players of cosa nostra one chosed by each clan, will play in 2 of those triples games, I guess that this last one could be arranged, once our gunmen return from a weding in sicilia...

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
b) 3 players of cosa nostra one chosed by each clan, will play in 2 of those triples games, I guess that this last one could be arranged, once our gunmen return from a weding in sicilia...
I kept thinking on it, and it may work for the future, we may have a clan with 20 members another/s with 12 and some with 9, well 12 players games in leagues, the clan with 20 rotate their players including 12 in those leagues, and the clans with 9, f.e also rotate them but to cover all the games

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'd also like to see some doubles/trips games along with the 1v1 games that th-child (that crybaby) proposed.
Regardless, for now I think that we could get some good battles going, but for a league we need at least one (and hopefully more than that) more clan to form up. Then we could get some round-robin games figured out without too much of a scheduling headache. Maybe once we get the league formed up, we could get Bado to offer trophies for each 'season' (?)

those mobsters can't even get 3 more criminals to join them; so if we have clans of differing numbers, the clans with more will just have to rotate people in and out, I guess.

<whine> 'course, we can't even get our clan moved over from the social to the competitive side... </whine>

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
As we already have 3 competitive clans, we could start some things going.

whiners and crybabies is a social clan - there seems to be a bug in the set up process as all the new clans were set up as competitive but wound up as social.

Need to get that sorted out.

Last edited:

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
lol We didn`t feel that more players = more advantage....

And someone keeps moving the goal posts ..9 then 10 then 12??

Anyway the family can deal with what ever challenges come our way so don`t worry , we will make it work..even if like cardinal says you guys can just rotate

masterjskye

Level &#8734;: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
What might be cool is to have a sort of "Olympics" - a multi-layered tourney with a lot of different events going on over the course of time, with different things like a 1v1 championship, a doubles championship, triples, quads.. you get the idea. You'd only need 4 members to do a single quads game, but the other members of your clan don't have to feel left out as they may have some other events going on at the same time. Once all events are over the clan with the most event wins.. well.. win.

There could be separate competitions for each, with the winning clan getting the equivalent of a "gold medal", or if trophies could be made (which can be displayed on clan pages remember) then that would be really sweet.

Some could even be made so that you only have the trophy as long as you're the defending champ - if you get beat it moves over to the other clans page. In addition to that though there could be some unique trophies that stick around for good, like for winning the whole thing.

EDIT: But I agree with bado in not rushing into anything. Let's give it some time, and play a few inter-clan "friendlies" first.

Last edited:

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
As for inter-clan friendlies, i'm not a fan of crusades, but the two 12-player clans could play that beautifully. Just for warming up.
What ya think?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Actually, we can't. 12 player games are the max we can go to with Strategists in the mix.

Blondo

Awesome Player
24 player trny?

Thought the trny tab was the workaround for strategists to join 24 player games (or does a trny need 2 rounds at least)?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Tournies need 2 rounds at least and no way to choose teams so not ideal for this

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Another good start might be to have each clan send a member to each map for 3-player games. That's 18 games. Each player plays 1 or 2 games for all clans. Alternatively (or additionally), we might send 2 members to each map for 6-player doubles, or 3 members to each map for 9-player trips. We'd just choose settings to remain the same throughout each.

Blondo

Awesome Player
The easiest would have been a 1 round 24 player game: you don't need teams because you already know who your allies are in that game ... that only 1 player in your clan can win ... adds to the sacrifice you make to be the last clan standing and the members that weren't eliminated can fight over the spoils of war ... a scenario in which both clans are down to 1 player, more or less evenly matched, is possible yet unlikely or that boring thing of the underdog comes back to win it can also happen.

Actually a 24 player trny with 2 rounds could still work when you've 4 clans with 12 members each, e.g.:

Round 1: 24 1v1 battles => you might have to fight someone from your own clan (still your clan is assured of that seat in the final round)

Round 2: 24 player game => most likely the clans that have fewer seats in this final round will have to work together or drown, Scorpion & Frog style.

Maybe I should move this post to the trny generator ... still a trny that starts 1v1 & ends in a 24 player game probably has been made already ... 24 player games aren't my thing ... still seems like a good idea to give strategists a taste & let them to try it out once in a while.

MajCody

Awesome Player
Generals
What do you guys think about a clan match similiar to a davis cup with 3 teams. Each win is worth one point. 2 singles, 3 doubles, 2 quads. Each member is only eligible to join 2 of the 7 games. The team with the most points wins. Yes a 3,3,1 win tie is possible. A tie breaker could be agreed upon. Like a sixers game.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I like this idea a lot, MajCody.