• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Can't join any new games despite being paid up!!

ponyboy55

Awesome Player
unable to join any new games so just in case my subs had lapsed, I paid up for anothher six months. still can't join!

Saintsman1959

Awesome Player
Hitting join but nothing happens, I paid for 6 months. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hi,

You are probably not doing anything wrong, but I will try and help anyway....

First: When you click on the HOME tab, and then click on the AWAITING tab (near the bottom of the page) are there any games showing up in that list?

Second: The website is currently free to play, You do not need to pay to play at the moment. So if you purchased a membership, then I can refund your money. Just let me know your first name and the approximate day you paid.

Let me know if you see any games listed under the AWAITING tab on your HOME page.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Saintsman1959

Awesome Player
Hi,

You are probably not doing anything wrong, but I will try and help anyway....

First: When you click on the HOME tab, and then click on the AWAITING tab (near the bottom of the page) are there any games showing up in that list?

Second: The website is currently free to play, You do not need to pay to play at the moment. So if you purchased a membership, then I can refund your money. Just let me know your first name and the approximate day you paid.

Let me know if you see any games listed under the AWAITING tab on your HOME page.

Thanks!
Hi NewSheriffInTown,

Thanks for getting back with me. There are new games in the awaiting tab, but there are a lot of games where I'll click "Join" and nothing happens. Those are usually games that have 1 or 2 open slots. The three games that I have in the "Awaiting tab were from when I kept trying to join games was eventually able to join.

I'm not sure if I signed up as William or Bill but I paid early this morning.

Thanks for your work on this site, I have to say it is the best one I've seen for Risk.

Upvote 0

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Saintsman, if you let us know the number of a game you are trying then we can try, and sherrif can see if there is some thing wrong

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hi NewSheriffInTown,

Thanks for getting back with me. There are new games in the awaiting tab, but there are a lot of games where I'll click "Join" and nothing happens. Those are usually games that have 1 or 2 open slots. The three games that I have in the "Awaiting tab were from when I kept trying to join games was eventually able to join.

I'm not sure if I signed up as William or Bill but I paid early this morning.

Thanks for your work on this site, I have to say it is the best one I've seen for Risk.

Hey Saintsman,

Okay, well I'm glad to see that some games are appearing in your Awaiting Tab. That's a good thing.

There are 2 things you should know about joining games (Both are issues we are currently working on to fix)
  1. If you join a TEAM game, and the screen goes slightly dimmer, then you need to scroll either up or down the page to find the pop-up box where you choose your team. This is a bit annoying because our pop-up box is not centered in the middle of the screen. And we need to do some UI work to fix this. But meanwhile, if you join a Team game, then just scroll up or down to find the pop-up box. Then it should work. Thanks.
  2. The other issue is: Some games simply get stuck and don't work. This is a major issue we have right now, and there is no rhyme or reason for it. This is something we hope to have fixed asap, but we can't seem to find the cause yet. So if you click join, and absolutely nothing happens, then that might just be a stuck game. Sorry about that.
I also found your paypal payment and refunded you.

Thanks for enjoying the site, we are working to make it better. If you do end up playing and having fun, then check out our KICKSTARTER campaign. There are some great prizes and it will help us improve the website.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Saintsman1959

Awesome Player
Saintsman, if you let us know the number of a game you are trying then we can try, and sherrif can see if there is some thing wrong
Where do I find the number for the game? I'll attach a screenshot of one of the games.

Attachments

• major command.png
    major command.png
    583 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah, the game number don't appear in the lists at the moment, but if you open a game, then the game number is the last series of numbers in the URL.

Something like this : https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/14431 - Then the game number would be 14431

But don't worry about that unless you have a specific concern. We already have a large list of games that are stuck that we are looking in to.

Just remember:
  • If you try and join a TEAM game, and the screen goes slightly dimmer, then you need to scroll either up or down the page to find the pop-up box where you choose your team. This is a bit annoying because our pop-up box is not centered in the middle of the screen.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
All games should now be fixed and working - Please check and let me know if you have more problems joining.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0