• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Call for Cash?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
who's in favor of going back to "paying to play" this Beta to help fund MC, to help get it up and running properly? IMHO this isn't going to happen without cash.

Without cash it will take a long time to get MC up and running and will the game we love die when the Sheriff runs out of cash?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yup....let's do a donation blitz or drive!

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Done

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
100% on board. It would be helpful if we had a clear picture of what exactly is needed before we start running.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Done

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I'd be happy to chip in if it's going to help. But before we start it would be useful to know what sort of figure we realistically would need to be coming up with. If it works out that an extra $5 or $10 per active person would make a difference then I'd put my hand in my pocket straight away - and I'm sure others would do so as well. But if it's going to need larger amounts of money than that's going to raise then I suppose you would need to be looking at other sources of income (e.g the dreaded advertising).
So the question is, roughly how much overall would we need to make a difference?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
What about selling 5-year-memberships/lifetime memberships. All you would need would be a dozen people prepared to pay $30 for an extended membership and bob's your uncle.

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
ive started54 a monthly donatin , but i think a major donation drive would definatly be the way to go,

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
1. The first thing that would need to happen would be for whoever-is-in-charge to figure out if additional finance is needed to get the development sorted out before the site withers away. If not, then we just leave them to get on with it.
2. If finance would help, they need to come up with a realistic budget. How much would be needed? It's always easier to raise money if you're looking to hit a target, rather than just have an open-ended request for donations.
3. Once they have a figure, they must also know who the active members are - who is active on the site, and who has a current subscription. Contact them, explain briefly why the finance is needed and what it will be used for, and invite them to come forward with pledges.
4. If the numbers look viable, ask for donations as pledged. Tell people they can choose whether they want donations to be public or private. Give some sort of medal or gold star or some such to those who make donations over a certain figure.
5. Put up a target thermometer at the top of the site - people are more likely to donate if they can see progress and it looks like they aren't just pissing in the wind.

[Climbs down off soapbox]

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Some of us have sent some $, and some have come up with ideas, questions, etc. But no reply or input from TheSheriff. I would have expected more than silence

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I'll pledge $500 if there's a plan in place, per MNatt's suggestions. I come check in every month or so to see where things stand. Sadly things don't look to promising right now. If this is the end, it was a great run.

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
'bout tree fitty
I can donate big...if I got a clear idea. And as per today, we didnt noticed that money was needed if Patton wouldn't have proposed. We need more transparency, we're not pushing anyone anywhere, but just sitting without news seems not good. I've received at least 5 invitations to go other sites, I'm not, I'm sticking here playing absurd games just for fun just because I would love this site (and its community) runs normally again, but need to know the status.

Not asking for a panel board full of KPIs, just triing to understand where we are and what is needed. I'm prety sure we can raise tons of cash, tons. This shouldn't be the problem

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I can donate big...if I got a clear idea. And as per today, we didnt noticed that money was needed if Patton wouldn't have proposed. We need more transparency, we're not pushing anyone anywhere, but just sitting without news seems not good. I've received at least 5 invitations to go other sites, I'm not, I'm sticking here playing absurd games just for fun just because I would love this site (and its community) runs normally again, but need to know the status.

Not asking for a panel board full of KPIs, just triing to understand where we are and what is needed. I'm prety sure we can raise tons of cash, tons. This shouldn't be the problem
Agreed. I shot Sheriff a message the other day, it seems he might be away. If we can get a clear picture from the developers on what it will take to get the site operational again under the new engine, with a $ estimate, I'm sure we can band together to make it happen.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

wow invitations to 5 sites! i knew 3....but that doesn't matter....i have a few games running here and i join a game when it's about to start. yes, i have to admit there are a few of us at another site but we are all checking in here wishing for MC to get back and running again. the other sites are just feeding the addiction and keeping us alive.....whereas MC is our home and place we can chill and our community. MC STILL has better graphics, better maps, better gameplay, better team play, and better spirit. We are appreciating all the little things that MC has to offer which the other sites are definitely lacking. Even though we are presently away we will be all back when MC is. so sheriff, let us help you.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Those other sites have terrible settings lol. I played CC and WG for awhile long time ago. I'm here to stay. I agree with you all that nothing is really happening. We need to know what's to be fixed first. IMO passwording a game and sending invites is priority. Too many Awols now...Then let's get the points to count. Thirdly would be a turn timer beside all the games. I wish I could help but know nothing about coding. I'm good for a decent donation if I know the chiefs are going to do something....

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Personally I would like more info. I'm trying to hang on to the spirit that is MC, I've invested a lot of time here, as many others have, but lately I'm feeling like nothing is happening, nobody knows what is going on and I'm essentially waiting for MC to just go offline. I check in monthly, but lately I'm wondering why.

What are the sprints you are working, where are the issues, what are you lacking? Is there anything positive happening?

srjyj

Awesome Player
just decided to take a look and see if the site was even still here.

looks to be on it's last legs? it honestly feels like a broken museum or something. half functional with no-one around.

I don't have the time to play as much as I did at one point but as a former paying member I'd be willing to chip in a donation/membership/something to get the site back up and running if there was some sort of clear goal or idea of how to reach it

it would be nice to pop in and play real time every once in awhile and maybe join a tournament or casual game or two

Last edited: