• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Bug: reserves problem when defeating an opponent

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Game 303. I had 2 reserves and killed an opponent that had 3, leaving me with 5. At that moment, I should have been forced to call up reserves before doing anything else. Note that if I'd had, say, 7 reserves, and still had a set of 3 after calling up the first set, I would have the option of calling up the second set.

However, that didn't happen. Even worse, I didn't get a reserve at the end of my turn (possibly because I had 5). It's also worth noting that I can envision a scenario where a player may end their turn with more than 5 reserves (basically, a player kills another, has a bunch of reserves, but lets their turn expire before calling them up), which should be allowed.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Currently the game is done in "phases" (as per spec) and the "call up reserves" phase occurs at the beginning of the turn. I'm not sure of an easy way to remedy this. You will be forced to call up the reserves on your next turn.

Is it super important that the calling-up occurs right then and there?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
yes it is super important as these are the regular ruled of the game, in that you can't have more than 4 cards at the end of your turn.

however I am open to different or better ways to get this done.

we are all used to this, especially iin escalating, but would holding 9 cards be a cool feature. its an aweful big stick and comes with great responsibility. imagine how much of a target a bloated 5 carders is... now with 9 cards. i say we loook at how its currently done as a posiible viable option.

how ever, there is a bug that it wont let me reinforce after i take out a player and have more than 5 cards.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
err, not allowing a player to cash in cards after a take-out completely changes the game as we know it. If I'm not guaranteed cards, why would I be encouraged to stage a take-out? All it does is leaves me weak and makes me the next target.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Yes, mid-turn cash is an essential part of escalating (slightly less so with other reserve types, but it should be the same rule for all), especially escalating singles. It's a core enough game concept that we should try and make it happen.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
well yes i agree. it does fundamentally change the game too much.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I just read this, and now i'm worried... I'm in a game right now where I am about to sweep the board, but only if i can cash mid-turn after each kill, so has this been changed? or should i plan accordingly?

interesting side note... in the original rules, you could cash after a kill even if you didn't have 5 cards, you only needed to make a set...
this would have an interesting strategy effect, and would really throw off players who come here that are used to that "other site", lol...

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
It's been changed (notice how I had a midcash in that same game :) ).

Robinette

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
It's been changed (notice how I had a midcash in that same game :) ).

well,,, there is still a bug...

it allowed me to cash after each kill with 5 or more cards, but i did NOT receive a card after ending turn and forting :(

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Ah, you beat me to it. Before we got the midturn cash fixed, there was an issue where if a player had 5+ cards before the end of their turn, they didn't get one... very peculiar.

Robinette

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
okay...

so these are the details to that fateful turn in game 000366

I had 4 cards,
. cashed for 30 (leaving me with 1 card)
. . took out Widowmakers, (i now had 5 cards on hand)
. . . cashed for 35 (leaving me with 2 cards)
. . . . took out Cassidy (i now had 5 cards on hand)
. . . . . cashed for 40 (leaving me with 2 cards)
. . . . . . Ended Turn (card count stayed at just 2)