• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

bug: reserve troop awards?

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
This from the game record in game 251:
05/16/10 01:45:48 Shepherd Player Icon Shepherd Awarded 2 units for turning in a set of Reserves

Actually, we're playing flat rate so when I clicked to turn in the set i could have sworn it said it was worth six troops. Looking back over the log I did indeed get just two units from the set, though I also got additional troops for owning those regions. My opponent also got two for his set.

And maybe I'm high and we're only supposed to get two in flat rate? Can't see the other forums this evening, so i would go double check.

Last edited:

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The number of reserves in flat rate is controlled by the map owner.
Classic Evolved is indeed set to an 2. It used to be 6. I guess Rj changed it.

yeti

Awesome Player
Interesting - I guess this would be important information to be displayed in the Brief tab?

C.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
if i changed it - i didn't mean to.

Flat Rate for Massive?
Flat Rate for Evolved?
Flat Rate for USA?

Should they all be 6 ?

And maybe instead of the brief - it should be displayed in the list of game type options to the left of the brief.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
thanks Evan - I noticed it in there when I was playing with Europe, but it didn't occur to me that it had been somehow changed.

For the sake of clarity, the info on that map admin tag is misleading. The first line is:
"Flat Rate Increase Rate" which suggests that the cash-in increases.

The second line says:
"Initial Troops Per Region" which is the opposite of the intended meaning.

Neither are in need of a fix since RJ, WM and I should know why the lines are there.

Last edited:

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
You're right about the "Flat rate increase rate", I have changed it to "Flat rate cash in amount"

As far as the "Initial troops per region", that refers to the number of troops each player gets during the drop. Based on your comment above I suspect you had misunderstood what it means (since it is not opposite its intended meaning at all).

Thx

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
"Units per region" (sorry for writing troops) can't be right... let's open the game with 12 regions: if I get 3 "units per region" I am getting 36 units on the drop.

Unless I'm wrong, this variable refers to the ratio at which units are parceled out based on the number of regions one holds at the start of one's turn. In this case it should be Regions per Unit; e.g. I have 12 Regions, for every three regions I receive one army, thus I get a drop of four armies. But while correct, I can see how it is awkward - the player isn't getting regions. What we want it to say is "Units distributed for X regions."

Ah, and here's something that gets back to my original confusion about the two vs. six armies/set:
I just turned in a set on Classic, flat rate. The button I clicked to turn in the set said I'd get six units for the set, but I only got two. So there's a disconnect between the button and the pre-set variable.

I'm beginning to feel like a pest. :embarassed:

Last edited:

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
update: it's been explained to me in terms a five year would understand, and I finally get it. Units/region. Good. Moving on.