• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Battle for the Belt Rules (READ FIRST)

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
bHwSj.png

Welcome to the Official Battle for the Belt tournament.

This is a belt-based 1v1 ongoing tournament for the best 1v1 players in several weight classes.

How it works.

1. After signing up, you will be put into a weight class depending on your rank. 1k-2k = Lightweight. 2k-3k = Middle Weight. 3k+ = Heavy Weight.
2. A queue is randomly formed for each weight class.
3. The first two players of each class battle each other 1v1, game settings are determined by first player. Best of 3 games.
4. The winner will continue to battle the remaining players in 1v1 best of 3 games. Winner chooses settings.
4.1 They can be any three maps you want, with three different settings if you want (you can do it on all the same settings as well). The next set of three maps must have at least two maps that are different to two of the first set. Other settings does not matter.
5. The loser of a series will go to the end of the queue
6. The matches will continue on like this, with the player with the most wins holding the official belt. The first belt is given to the player with 3 series wins. If the belt holder loses a series, they still hold the belt if they have the most wins.
7. If a player ties the belt holder for most wins, they face off in a title match.
8. Upon receiving the belt for the first time, the player is awarded 150 bonues points. Each time they defend the belt in a series, they receive 50 points.

Further rules:
1. I, Badorites am the referee and my word is law. Rules may be subject to change.
2. If a player fails to accept a challenge, they will be removed from the competition, or sent to the back of the queue. You have 48 hours to accept all challenges.
3. All series are played CONCURRENTLY. That means three 1v1 games at the same time. Title matches are 5 games. This means YOU NEED TO BE STRATEGIST OR ABOVE to compete.
4. At some point after a player reaches a win limit of 20. A grand winner will be announced and the season will reset.

All belt holders will receive a belt trophy for their profile, indefinitely.

ifKXG.png

Season winners will also get one of these.

O1AdN.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mantis

Awesome Player
Just a quick question: What happens if someone changes weight class mid season?

steelrain

Awesome Player
3. The first two players of each class battle each other 1v1, game settings are determined by one player. Best of 3 games.
4. The winner will continue to battle the remaining players in 1v1 best of 3 games. Winner chooses settings.

If the winner always chooses the same map/settings it could get rather tedious. Perhaps the winner should be required to choose a different map for each round. The belt then, would demonstrate skill on multiple maps. It would also prevent the belt from getting trapped in one map (Nukes, for example) by a couple players who only play one or two maps.

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
good point. The winner cannot choose the same map back to back.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Just a quick question: What happens if someone changes weight class mid season?

They can stay in the same weightclass or go to the bottom of the queue of the new weight class.

Mantis

Awesome Player
They can stay in the same weightclass or go to the bottom of the queue of the new weight class.

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification.
I also like the map switch concept, although the champ might just decide to switch back and forth between only two maps instead... Perhaps the best way to guarantee variety is to consider challenger's pick? (Although I know it goes against the well established "home field advantage" as a reward concept, just a suggestion)

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
im in 5300, uh sorry I was dreaming, 2108 points right now, hope it starts soon, enjoyed very much that 1st league game, and all this may do a dif between MajCom, and other sites like this :)

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Sounds good, thanks for the clarification.
I also like the map switch concept, although the champ might just decide to switch back and forth between only two maps instead... Perhaps the best way to guarantee variety is to consider challenger's pick? (Although I know it goes against the well established "home field advantage" as a reward concept, just a suggestion)

Thats fine if the champ switches back. They do have a homefield advantage and will need to be dethoned on their own court.

IronDuke

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Kickstarter
sign me up

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
It's sad that you need to pay money to have fun here.

I'm pretty sure there are thousands of active players here who have fun for free. The belt battle is for subscribers because you will need to join 3 to 5 games at a time, which isn't possible as a grunt.

HorusKhan

Awesome Player
So grunt can't play the battle for the belt, however much they want it, because of money. And they can't play 24 player games for the same reason. But some, including me, want to. Well, it's too bad, you need to give your money away for all these. And knowing that you can't just sit here waiting for your next turn, you'll be playing other games,too. That's what I do. And all those games also need money for other features. And the list goes on, and I digress. Everything is limited even on the internet if you don't pay.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
The price is very fair imo. You could spend more on lunch in a day than it costs for 6 months of unrestricted MajCom goodness. If you don't want to pay, fine, but don't then complain because you aren't getting access to a few things...

The site didn't just spring up one day as a gift from the gods, it had to be built up and hand crafted, with many people putting in a hell of a lot of work. I think it's only fair that we try to support the site in any way we can. After all, if everyone was as tight as you then the site would not be able to keep running.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The price is very fair imo. You could spend more on lunch in a day than it costs for 6 months of unrestricted MajCom goodness. If you don't want to pay, fine, but don't then complain because you aren't getting access to a few things...

The site didn't just spring up one day as a gift from the gods, it had to be built up and hand crafted, with many people putting in a hell of a lot of work. I think it's only fair that we try to support the site in any way we can. After all, if everyone was as tight as you then the site would not be able to keep running.

Indeed you are very correct MasterJskye. This site is still running mostly with volunteers' help, and we still have bills to pay. For example, a site without income will have its domain taken by some douches outside (as holding a domain needs paying), and we will definitely fall apart because if we cannot keep our URL.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Yeah.. and I went into the mall the other day and tried this shirt on, looked great. Then as I was walking out some guy said "hey you have to pay for that". What the hell? I just wanted a new shirt, why do i have to spend money to get something? rediculous.

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
I think most people agree that its ok to pay for full service and that its great that you can get a taste of it all for free.

That said I think the administartors of this site have to focus on getting rid of bugs for us that pay for full service. As it is now posts on bugs seem to be mostly ignored. I understand if it takes a while to fix bugs but with increased income comes increased demands not only of fixes but for development.

But back to the topic: Is the weigh-in the fix for class or is it the weight at the start of the tournament? IMHO it should be the weigh-ins but its then important that the tournament starts not long after the first weigh-ins.

Also can we have medals for former champions that are recieved once the belt is lost?

Last edited:

HorusKhan

Awesome Player
If I go online and search FREE Online Games, I get some. I wonder why? Because they get money with ads, and donations, etc. But most people do not have the patience to wait for a 5 second or 15 second ad to finish. Wikipedia works entirely on donations. People donate so that Wikipedia goes on. But they could just go like: What does Wikipedia have to do with me? and not donate. But they do. Because they want Wikipedia to go on.

linkintheory13

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
good point. The winner cannot choose the same map back to back.

I guess I need some clarification on a few things. When I make the set of 3 games, am I creating them on the same map or on 3 different maps? If it is the latter, then does that mean that for the next set of games I cannot choose those 3 maps? I just want to make sure that I am doing this right before I proceed.