• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Attack from multiple countries

KyzcreigBANNED

Awesome Player
I know this is an old idea, but it would be a cool option to have when selecting game settings!

KyzcreigBANNED

Awesome Player
Like selecting multiple countries to attack a country that is common to their border (i.e. selecting Italy and France to attack Switzerland).

If that doesn't make sense let me elaborate further: if I have 3 men on France and 3 men on Italy, and you have 2 men on Switzerland, I should be able to attack Switzerland with 4 armies as opposed to 2 armies from either France or Italy.

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
ok thanks for clarifying. there's a 1970s board game called Diplomacy (think risk but without the dice. probably one of the greatest games i've ever played. the rules are infinite and anything goes. literally.) and in it you can do what's called support an attack. to use your scenario, the troops on italy attack switzerland supported by the french troops. the french troops cannot be advanced or killed, but participate in the attack.

mark

Awesome Player
That would have to be a game option. I'd hate to have every game played that way. It's hard enough keeping track of the various attack vectors as is.

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
yeah i agree. it would make the games much more reliant on outflanking/out strategizing your opponent than simply praying to the dice throwing gnomes that live in the MajCom server or sacrificing livestock/younger siblings.

Kjell

Awesome Player
Yeah game option definitely.

There was a PC game called Risk II that had this option, it was definitely useful. The more territories you attacked with the better chance you had of beating their dice. Of course there was the chance of the defending territory getting a higher dice than all your attacking territories and making massive damage, but I still think it's better than the 1vs1 thing all the time.