• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Assassin team games

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Do I undersand this right. In assassin team games the last troop of my target must be eliminated by me. Or is it accepted that one of my teammates eliminates that troop. ?

Solution
Any target eliminated by any team member ends the game. The entire team should therefore agree on a target

Actually, those rules have changed. What you described is how the current game engine works. And where Team Assassin can only be played in the Tournament section at the moment.

However, in the new game engine (Beta), all targets need to be eliminated, and it doesn't matter who does it, or in which order.

In the Beta Triples game that Micky is talking about, her team has 3 targets, and each target needs to be eliminated to win. It doesn't matter who does the killing, or how.

Before anyone blows a gasket, read this:

1) In the current game version (tournament section) Imagine a 24 Team Assassin on...

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Any target eliminated by any team member ends the game. The entire team should therefore agree on a target

Upvote 0

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Oh, I remember seeing somewhere a discussion as to having to eliminate the 3 targets in a triples game or just one. Didn't see what was decided. So,
- one target eliminated ends the game,
- if one of my teammates eliminates my target we still win the game.
Just making sure here. - And thanks for the answer

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Actually, those rules have changed. What you described is how the current game engine works. And where Team Assassin can only be played in the Tournament section at the moment.

However, in the new game engine (Beta), all targets need to be eliminated, and it doesn't matter who does it, or in which order.

In the Beta Triples game that Micky is talking about, her team has 3 targets, and each target needs to be eliminated to win. It doesn't matter who does the killing, or how.

1) In the current game version (tournament section) Imagine a 24 Team Assassin on Mesopotamia. First player to eliminate a target wins the game. It could be over on the first turn. Instantly someone gets a handful of UDO without anyone else taking a turn. Not much a game.

2) It doesn't really make much sense. If you were part of team of assassins who had a list of 3 targets to kill, and your team kills only one of them, then imagine going back home and telling your boss the job is done? I don't think so. Those remaining targets will be coming after him next!

3) Once Beta gets released, and players still demand the "single target" rule, then it can easily be implemented as a game option when creating a game.

Not for now, just to gets things moving, we're going with an ALL TARGETS rule for games in Beta,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
What you described is how the current game engine works. And where Team Assassin can only be played in the Tournament section at the moment.

Sorry for the confusion Sheriff. I did ask that info because ndrm has created a triples assassin game (the cult of Chucky) as tournament and I wanted to be sure about the rules there. That's why I asked here and not in Beta. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

1) In the current game version (tournament section) Imagine a 24 Team Assassin on Mesopotamia. First player to eliminate a target wins the game. It could be over on the first turn. Instantly someone gets a handful of UDO without anyone else taking a turn. Not much a game.

2) It doesn't really make much sense. If you were part of team of assassins who had a list of 3 targets to kill, and your team kills only one of them, then imagine going back home and telling your boss the job is done? I don't think so. Those remaining targets will be coming after him next!

3) Once Beta gets released, and players still demand the "single target" rule, then it can easily be implemented as a game option when creating a game.

Not for now, just to gets things moving, we're going with an ALL TARGETS rule for games in Beta,

By "beta" you mean the new engine testing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Sorry for the confusion Sheriff. I did ask that info because ndrm has created a triples assassin game (the cult of Chucky) as tournament and I wanted to be sure about the rules there. That's why I asked here and not in Beta. Sorry.

Ah. Gotcha. Okay then. Well at least it's out there now for people to read. :)

By "beta" you mean the new engine testing?

Yes, Beta means new engine testing.

BTW, your 'objections' to the single kill rule are purely hypothetical, there has NEVER BEEN a 24-player team assassin game on ANY map. There possibly will be one soon, if the "Paintball2" https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/1472/ tourney ever fills up.

Well then, I stand corrected. Though I guess like you pointed out, it doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

Though the logic of killing everyone on your list, as opposed to quitting after the name is pretty sound.

What took you so long to reply? ;)

Upvote 0

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
But the problem with the new game will be that team assassins with 2 teams will no longer exist...

Actually the solution would be that the whole team would have the same player as a target.

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
But the problem with the new game will be that team assassins with 2 teams will no longer exist...

Actually the solution would be that the whole team would have the same player as a target.

+1 to that :)

Upvote 0

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Well I guess than, that with the new game engine, if you want to do 2 team assassin, people will check the box next to "Single Target"-Rule.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Yes, that's a good idea.

Otherwise I'm not sure how 2 team assassin would work. Choosing 2 team assassin might not be possible. Just like 2 player assassin and 2 player mercenary are not choosable options.

Upvote 0

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
ok, could i just get a conformation: for a team (triples) assassins game, all three targets have to eliminated correct? thanks!
edit: it seems actually pretty clear from reading this thread - so nevermind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0