• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Adding images in the forum

coolname

Awesome Player
When you want to add a picture to a forum post, you can use Attachements. You get a thumbnail in the post. More fancy is using an URL of the picture and put [ IMG ] before it and [ /IMG ] after it. That way looks better in the post.

So, how I do it now: I upload the attachment, post the post, click on the thumbnail, copy the URL and put in between [ IMG ] and then delete the attachments. Is there a way to do this more efficiently? How?

To meta-post, I did this with these images.

attachment.php

Attachments

• addapicture.jpg
    addapicture.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 144

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
It depends on where the image is coming from. If you're posting an image already hosted somewhere, it should have a URL to use with image tags. If you're looking for a quick way to post screenshots, go get Gyazo HERE . It's the quickest way I know of. It will give you a screenshot with a URL.

I did this one in all of 10 seconds

7edacd814335b4c1c4564541351b4049.png

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
gyazo is great for taking quick desktop screenshots. For image hosting, photobucket is garbage. imgur.com or min.us are really where it's at.

Upvote 0

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Have you tried Gyazo? it really doesn't get any simpler or faster, literally one double click to activate the program, a special cursor comes up, you click and drag to select the area, let go and bam a tab opens with your screenshot, URL and all.

Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Hmm..that does seem a lot faster/simpler. I'll have to check it out. Thanks orbo

Upvote 0

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Nope. Just thanked him is all. I guess that's technically still being "nice" but I didn't say ANYTHING nice about him.

BTW, he agreed with a suggestion of mine in another thread..what is this world coming to?

Upvote 0

beer

Awesome Player
Oh wow, thank you for the Gyazo notice. That is insanely easy.

Upvote 0

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Oh wow, thank you for the Gyazo notice. That is insanely easy.

No prob, got that little gem from Bado, the only thing it lacks is the ability to edit the screenshot, maybe they will add that at some point.

Upvote 0