• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

A Large Geographically Neutral Map Proposal

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I'm thinking in a 3D stacked-levels map, finding a path to the shortest elimination of another player could probably offer so many possibilities. It seems very cool, and definitely an order of magnitude more planning needed than a 2D map.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
So I found the keystrokes to get my windows arranged in the way I think the cube should be displayed.

attachment.php

Only me and Zorb are contributing to this. Is it just us or isn't this making you salivate? A 3D map like this would be incredible to play. Think about what it would take to figure out the minimum path to eliminate another player? And what about trying to chain that kill to the next player? Just the thought of playing this map makes me exhausted. This would be the sickest map out there.

Attachments

• 122767856_381683279547101_9017928240764066933_n.jpg
    122767856_381683279547101_9017928240764066933_n.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 36

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
What I want to mention is that I'm not expecting that the site would allow scrolling through the "panels". They would have to be displayed in a way that would allow each panel to be viewed in entirety.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Ok - so here's how I envision the maps.

For the ring, I was thinking something with a bit of a 3D effect. Wouldn't have to be, but I'd want it to have a bit of depth, that the top of the circle is further back than the front. So not a full-frontal circle. Figure something like a cross between the two images, although a flat disc tilted backward towards the top would work too.

As for the cube... I honestly think the bigger the better with this. 6x6x6 would be fun to play, but that only gives a 36-square first panel. That doesn't seem that big. 7x7x7 isn't optimal due the poor number of divisors. 8x8x8 would give enough divisors to be fun, but at that point, I don't think 8 panels could be displayed in a dominos fashion that 6x6x6 probably could. As such, 8x8x8 would probably have to be a full frontal 8-square set up. Not the aesthetics I'd pick, but probably the only way to do such a large map.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Torus.jpg
    Torus.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 24