• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

A GNP and/or Population map

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
How about making map based on GNP or population? It would not only make cool maps but also educational. There are also other interesting statistics that could be used but GNP and Population are easy to find.

Attachments

• squarepop1nw.gif
    squarepop1nw.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 130
  • pnbanamorphosegnpsquare7wy.jpg
    pnbanamorphosegnpsquare7wy.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 112

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
How are you suggesting this map be made?
Just a 1 for 1 copy of what you posted and a general basic gameplay?
Or more in depth things related to these map aspects?

How do bonuses work?
How do commands work or how are they broken up?

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
For the population map i think it would be interesting with bonuses by autodeploy corresponding to population growth of certain countries or regions im also thinking it could be fun with big cities to conquer for commands. But im open to any ideas that go towards decent gameplay and i would certainly not mind a great big new massive map based on the world by population, just really like the maps that show the world in a different light than we are used to.

For the GNP map I was thinking it could be fun with economic development of the regions but its probably to complex. Building the commands after the economic unions that exist and possibly the ones that have existed could maybe work. EG, EU, AU, NAFTA, Comunidad Andina, ASEAN, G6-G8, Commonwealth, OPEC to name a few. Check link and picture for ideas. Borders after trade routes would be nice touch too. Maybe also bonuses for holding vital points for global trade like the Panama canal and the Suez canal?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Customs_unions.png

Attachments

• 220px-Free_Trade_Areas.png
    220px-Free_Trade_Areas.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Customs_unions.png
    Customs_unions.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
In terms of coming up with gameplay, the economic unions map would be the most straightforward. In addition to the contiguous commands there could be a bonus for holding all of the OPEC member countries, which would present a challenge as they are spread out across three continents. I'm sure there are other such groups.

osupharm11

Awesome Player
I like the idea of having non-connected commands. The economic idea is great. OPEC, UN Security Counsel, etc. Could even have some overlap in Commands that allows a single nation to be very valuable giving people a choice of high risk high reward for holding such a nation.

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Yeah i recon the idea has merit and the overlaping and non-connecting commands could be something new and exciting for majcom, altho the new middle east map has something a bit similar in its oil fields. I do like the idea of maps that promote insight and knowledge of the world we live in and of the organisations of nations that exist. Sadly I have no time to make any drafts of it and im not very good at it anyway and as far as i know noone in mapstudios is activly working on the idea. But im still hoping to see it one day along with fog of war and same time game play.