• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

A Beef and a Suggestion for displaying ARCHIVED / Completed Games

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Is it just me? The current sorting of the "ARCHIVED" tab by 'Game Number'/Win/Lose ..... is a total turn-off to me.

Why? Because, for review purposes, I want to see my most recently completed and archived games 'win' or 'lose' - as the most recent games on the list, where they are easy to find.

I don't keep track of the game numbers of the games I am currently playing. Some of those games are completed within a few days or a week or two - - - - BUT - - - - the games that really MATTER to me are the ones that have been a long drawn out battle, often stretching out over months.

Sadly, when those awesome battles are wrapped up, they disappear into the fog of time :( on the current ARCHIVED game list :(

If it's just me then I will need to live with it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else would like to see the ARCHIVED tab go back to listing games by date completed?

If it's just me then I will need to live with it.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Agreed.

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I agree. So far as I recall, before the old system went under the archived games were listed in the order they finished in - which was useful as you could check what had happened in games. Sometimes (esp on escalate) a game will finish out of the blue when someone sweeps the board. With things as they are those games just disappear.

It's good to learn from the competition, and D12 has a nice clear system for displaying finished games - all showing in a list in order of finish date, most recent at the top, saying win/lose, and giving a link.