• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

#9 - What do you chose, points or recognition (medals banners tourney wins)?

Which would you chose, points or recognition (medals banners tourney wins)?

• Points / Ranks

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Medals / Bling / Tourney Wins

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Cards and Eduardo.
I got ya. I mean no offense and i get what you are saying.

All our measures we have, high rank, medals, or kill ratio are yet incomplete. Each one gives a glimpse into how good a player is. I loot at them all depending on what i want to find out.

Redstorm has a point too. Hang around here enough and you run up against the top players and come to your own determination on how to rank them and who they are.

Cards has the most medals.
Sensadrome has the highest score.
Malpot has a crazy kill ration.

And they are all better than me and kick my ass most days. I will bloody their nose on occasion, even on their best settings. :)

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Cards....
can you crunch some numbers on our good friend enikesa? A prime example of combining # of games, opponets def, and type of game, they being mainly 3v3 games. His stats will be staggering (and yes a great teammate of ours), but will be a little skewed by the type of games played

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
And they are all better than me and kick my ass most days. I will bloody their nose on occasion, even on their best settings.

LOL

love it. too bad we aren't all living in same neighborhood, we cud decide this on the softball field. standard rules, knock over my beer, ur out. LOL
Although u have pointed out the skews, I do think the games played, opponents defeated is a good measurement as well.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Cards....
can you crunch some numbers on our good friend enikesa? A prime example of combining # of games, opponets def, and type of game, they being mainly 3v3 games. His stats will be staggering (and yes a great teammate of ours), but will be a little skewed by the type of games played

Eni's number was 2.44

A great example of how playing team games can skew that stat. Enikesa (after we got started) played almost exclusively 3v3 games. More than "a little' skewed.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Eni's number was 2.44

A great example of how playing team games can skew that stat. Enikesa (after we got started) played almost exclusively 3v3 games. More than "a little' skewed.

Aw heck. I know someone on one of my teams that has a 3.49. They love team play more than i do!

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Man its good to back interacting with all you guys again! Missed my MC family!!!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
KFD Also seems to be back XD

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
before we got the tab to tell us about the medals I never actively sought them out. Now it is something fun to do whilst still playing.

I do like having a high score though you know, it massages the ego a bit!! There are some players on this site with lots of medals who are not great players so I guess it is all relevant.

Here's to more points & medals!

:beers:

3cwhl

Awesome Player
Points are easy to lose when you progress. Medals are there once you achieved them so they are better imo.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Points are easy to lose when you progress. Medals are there once you achieved them so they are better imo.

I enjoy going for medals, but I do admit that I have played a lot of games to get them. I'm a second tier player, but man is it fun to win a tournament or a new map or team medal. good luck on those shiny things.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I guess that what I really choose and like, are the tourney wins

Smaryll

Awesome Player
How do we give feedback to the people who run this site?