• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

#6 - Would you like to play MajCom on a phone or tablet?

Would you play MajCom on a phone or Tablet?

• No - MajCom would not work on a small screen

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Maybe - In desperation. But I'll stay with the computer

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Yes - For sure! Mobile all the way!

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Do you think it is possible to play MajCom on a phone or tablet?
Would the screen be big enough for the Maps?
Would it be too annoying, or something awesome?
Would you do it?

Let us know!

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
as far as i'm concerned i'm not really interested, but i know than for some it does really matter,i presented majcom to a friend a little while ago and he really liked it.

however at some point he stoped playing because there was no mobile version available and that he couldn't play on his mobile during a break at work or during travel time.

i have no idea if it's doable but i'm pretty sure it would be a really good thing for majcom expansion !

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You can pretty well at the moment... I've even played a few RT games on my ipad, but it'd be a nice feature to have it seamlessly run in the future. (html5?)

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I played on a droid phone a while back. It was awful due to the small size, especially trying to select small territories like Isle of Man or Fiji.

But, it was far superior to missing a turn because I was traveling with no access to a real computer.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
But, it was far superior to missing a turn because I was traveling with no access to a real computer.

^^^
what Chilly said... +1

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
It is definitely a good feature to have for those without access to a real computer. However, I can't see the player colours anymore on my Android-phone, so I have to plan very carefully and only play very short and easy turns....

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Definitely would be a sweet feature to have. I'd only use it if I was travelling about though.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
For the last year or two, I've taken the majority of my turns on my iphone and ipad. I use an app called Photon.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I play on a Vizio tablet when I'm away from home (which is often).

bouttreefiddy

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I would like the option. There were a few times I've gone out of town for the weekend and had to bring my laptop since Android and flash aren't compatible. I can't see playing on the phone as being a realistic option for anything other than the scenario I described. My tablet definitely has enough screen real estate to be able to view the map though. Even if the site doesn't get a dedicated mobile version, the recode being in html5 will be nice enough for my issues. I would probably still play mainly on the computer, but if it was optimized for mobile, I would definitely give tablet play a chance.

excavator

Awesome Player
I was forced to play my turns for 7 days on my Iphone while driving my dump truck from Texas to BC.
I downloaded photon for $4 that has a flash player but the screen was way 2 small.
I don't think it would be a good allocation of resources at the moment but maybe in a couple years it would be a good feature.

IronDuke

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I think it's important. For current players there's a vacation/wifi issue that can be quite distressing. It may also bring in new players.

FWIW I did find a Flash compatible app on my iPad that allows me to play when I'm away or not on my computer.

IronDuke

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Photon is the app I use as well- works fine on a tablet. Phone might be pushing it

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Puffin Browser is a free flash browser, but I'd much prefer an app that was specifically designed for majorcommand, as it gets annoying playing a computer designed game on a little phone in desperation ;p

Would definitely support the idea of an app of some, however you guys decide to do it.

Looking at it business-wise: With an app on the IOS/Android markets, you might even be able to sell it for $ and perhaps even get some new users and offer upgrades through their markets-could be a great investment for growth, income and other businessy things.

10/10 would buy.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
There probably won't be an app. If anything, there may be a responsive html5 template that responds and resizes to different screen sizes. Making things easier, but not perfect.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
10/10 would use responsive html5 template

WiJoMa

Awesome Player
I play on my BlackBerry Z10 all the time. The only problems I've run into is that some of the countries are too small to click on (Classic Massive comes immediately to mind). Even if I zoom all the way in, I still can't click on a few countries.

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
I actually use TeamViewer 10. An app on both my phone and laptop, to remotely control my laptop. It works well enough for me, a bit of zooming in & out, but overall, a great way to play on the move!

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Would rather squint, than miss a turn!!!