• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

6 reserves?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
This play is holding 6 reserves

ad9380c325692b284987e07ed8dc759e.png

http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=483

is that possible?

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
diogenes killed hollow and got those reserves

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
ive had up to 7 reserves before. when you kill someone and get their cards, if its over 5 you automatically have to cash them in.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
oh. he should have been forced to cash that in?

Last edited:

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
Yes, because his having 6 cards means he had 5 cards + 1 he got after ending.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
no no no... there is no bug here at all...
although i do NOT agree with the way you've set it up, this IS the way it is...
You may ONLY cash 1 set mid-turn here at MajCom (providing you have a min of 5 cards)

seeing that list of players, i couldn't help but notice that 1 player was eliminated..

so it went something like this...

diogenes holds 3 cards, starts turn, takes out HollowVoices and collects his 5 cards...
diogenes now holds 8 cards and is forced to cash ONE set, but is NOT allowed to cash a 2nd set even though he will still have 5 cards...
diogenes ends turn and collects a card, and is now holding 6.

The consensus (by others) seems to be that this somehow reduces the luck factor
What is does do is prevent someone from sweeping the board since the farther they go the weaker they will get...

PS - the #'s also math out with diogenes starting with 4 cards, and hollowVoices having 4 cards

Last edited:

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Shoot, I didn't know it worked like this. In fact, in another thread I corrected someone and let them know that you could do more than one cash mid-turn, provided you had 5 or more reserves. Apparently I was wrong.

So this is actually a bug. It is supposed to let you cash multiple times, until you fall below 5 reserves.

no no no... there is no bug here at all...
although i do NOT agree with the way you've set it up, this IS the way it is...
You may ONLY cash 1 set mid-turn here at MajCom (providing you have a min of 5 cards)

seeing that list of players, i couldn't help but notice that 1 player was eliminated..

so it went something like this...

diogenes holds 3 cards, starts turn, takes out HollowVoices and collects his 5 cards...
diogenes now holds 8 cards and is forced to cash ONE set, but is NOT allowed to cash a 2nd set even though he will still have 5 cards...
diogenes ends turn and collects a card, and is now holding 6.

The consensus (by others) seems to be that this somehow reduces the luck factor
What is does do is prevent someone from sweeping the board since the farther they go the weaker they will get...

PS - the #'s also math out with diogenes starting with 4 cards, and hollowVoices having 4 cards

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
OK, just to make sure I have this straight:

The way it is supposed to work is that if you take somebody out and find yourself with five or more cards you should be able to cash in sets until you have fewer than five.

Example #1: if I have four cards and collect Evan's four, I should be able to turn in two sets, since turning in one set still leaves me with five.

Example #2: if I have four cards and collect Evan's three, I only get to turn in one set even if after turning in three cards I am holding a set; as soon as I'm under five I have to hold 'em.

I think this is a decent system. Now fix it, bug boy!

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
OK, just to make sure I have this straight:

The way it is supposed to work is that if you take somebody out and find yourself with five or more cards you should be able to cash in sets until you have fewer than five.

Example #1: if I have four cards and collect Evan's four, I should be able to turn in two sets, since turning in one set still leaves me with five.

Example #2: if I have four cards and collect Evan's three, I only get to turn in one set even if after turning in three cards I am holding a set; as soon as I'm under five I have to hold 'em.

I think this is a decent system. Now fix it, bug boy!

correct

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Example 1 is already the case. The player having 6 reserves is a bug.

diogenes

Awesome Player
Yeah that's what happened. I took Hollowvoices out and was pleasantly surprised by the additional cards :)
It kept on telling me to deploy them, which got me mad since I wanted to take another territory for the bonus first, but by the time I was about to submit a bug it finally let me click the button to continue with my business. But the game worked out.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I was allowed multiple cash's mid-turn. It lets you cash until you have less than 5. However, if you choose not to cash, it will let you continue. And a couple of other odd behaviors (bugs) I found. But you are able to do multiple cash's

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
So if I have 3 and I kill a player with 2 then I will have 5. Can i cash then?

Plus you should not be able to continue with more than 5 reserves. The system should make a player cash in

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Plus you should not be able to continue with more than 5 reserves. The system should make a player cash in
I know. Thats what I meant by describing it as odd behavior (bug)

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Ah I see. misread the post. thanks