• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2023 MC Quads League

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Hope tapeworm is ok, been AWOL...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
siam, still 2 weeks till Jan. hoping tape is ok...If he doesn't show soon give us first turn bye if you can

T79boy

Awesome Player
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone an update. We're on schedule to start the league in January. However, we've had a late run of signups (amazing how a final deadline gets everyone moving) so in the last week and a half we've gone from 6 teams to what I think will end up being 9 teams.

So I've had to rework the schedule a few times to make it all work. I'm hoping to have everything sent out and shared to everyone in the next few days. I'll be posting to the forum as well as sending direct emails to everyone involved.

Here are the teams:
1B-BabiesPeriwinkleClarkenfeldoncesannheten
2Usual SuspectsbilsitapewormLovGovstephenator
3Turkish PeachesAllforSiamcrimeariverchrismudgeelturco
4IronCardinalKarmaKillIronDukeBadKarmaEasytoKillCardinalsrule
5Free Agent Team AKinghillWaldegraveStudioCityT79boy
6Free Agent Team 1AdmiralEquinoxMNattTankEaterSfor97
7StillNeedsATeamNamedaniel7stormcatneedpapertoweloveryourdeadbody-sure
8DiscoPantsandHaircutsWTBS-Superstationbytorandthesnowdogphermanatorpuck-muad-dib
9You Talking To MeGenghisknowstpl3

I imagine we'll have Genghis' team filled in the next few days as we had a couple free agents looking for teams. If any of the Free Agent teams have a team name, let me know.

Thanks for your patience. Thanks for signing up. Hope this works!

Best,

Siam

Is changing team names easy once we start ? Was thinking we should have a better name than Free Agent Team A :lol: - something like "BoyKing at GraveCity"

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Is changing team names easy once we start ? Was thinking we should have a better name than Free Agent Team A :lol: - something like "BoyKing at GraveCity"
Yes, very easy to change the team name. I think anything is an upgrade over Free Agent Team A. Let me know if you want BoyKing at GraveCity or something else.

Siam

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Hi everyone!

We ended up with 9 teams signed up. Below is a roster of all the teams. The first player listed is the team captain.

#Team NameCaptainMember2Member3Member4
1B-BabiesPeriwinkleClarkenfeldoncesannheten
2You Talking To MeGenghisknowstpl3fhunt3twhayes7
3Turkish PeachesAllforSiamcrimeariverchrismudgeelturco
4IronCardKarmaKillIronDukeBadKarmaEasytoKillCardinalsrule
5BoyKing at GraveCityKinghillWaldegraveStudioCityT79boy
6AdmiralMTank97AdmiralEquinoxMNattTankEaterSfor97
7Team Beta Fishdaniel7stormcatneedpapertoweloveryourdeadbody-sure
8DiscoPantsandHaircutsWTBS-Superstationbytorandthesnowdogphermanatorpuck-muad-dib
9Usual SuspectsbilsitapewormLovGovstephenator

Here is a link to the league page where you can see the standings, the schedule, rosters, and rules.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsfRyhM82eBFc9mIoM_AAX9LpmfwO0iRIkLjyAQDxJg/edit?usp=sharing

I will be sending an email soon to your team captains to discuss the best way to schedule matches. Please be responsive and quick to join games...that will be the hardest part of this.

Thanks for playing and good luck!

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything.

Siam

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Siam, could you add another page to the google sheet listing games, links to games, etc?

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Siam, could you add another page to the google sheet listing games, links to games, etc?
Great suggestion, I'll add the links to the schedule page as I get them. So far only your match has been sent to me and is under way. Overachievers you are!

fhunt3

Awesome Player
Apparently, I missed out on joining my team's game and someone else is there now. TankEater asked me if I could join his team fro someone missing. I am still willing to play - just not sure how to get added to a game.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
as long as a game has not started, players who notice that someone else has joined by accident should write a nice msg to whoever joined by accident so they go away. but there is little to be done when the game has already started. safe for starting a new one..?

i think it would be helpful to inform all participating players when the game will be open to join, so whoever sets up the game (hometeam i presume?) could send out a prior warning maybe 24hrs ahead of time with a scheduled signup time, so everyone at least knows when they should ideally be online. if someone knows they will not be able to be online at this time they could hand the keys to their account to another player they trust?
i would also very much suggest activating email-notifications for incoming messages.

also, where is tapeworm??

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Apparently, I missed out on joining my team's game and someone else is there now. TankEater asked me if I could join his team fro someone missing. I am still willing to play - just not sure how to get added to a game.
fhunt3, I have you taken care of. I'm working with Tank to setup the game. So keep your eyes peeled for a game invite in the next week.

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
as long as a game has not started, players who notice that someone else has joined by accident should write a nice msg to whoever joined by accident so they go away. but there is little to be done when the game has already started. safe for starting a new one..?

i think it would be helpful to inform all participating players when the game will be open to join, so whoever sets up the game (hometeam i presume?) could send out a prior warning maybe 24hrs ahead of time with a scheduled signup time, so everyone at least knows when they should ideally be online. if someone knows they will not be able to be online at this time they could hand the keys to their account to another player they trust?
i would also very much suggest activating email-notifications for incoming messages.

also, where is tapeworm??
Once,

If a random person joins a game, messaging them asking them to leave the game is probably your best strategy.

If the game has already started, then you would need to start a new game.

I messaged the captains and suggested picking a specific date and time that everyone could be ready to join a game. Then the home team creates the game, emails the link to the game and then everyone can join. I think one of our games did that and is scheduled to do start it tomorrow. I know we're trying to do that for our game.

Finally, I have no idea what happened to tapeworm. Hope they're okay.

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Round of applause for Allforsiam and any others involved in organising this - must be like herding cats.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
woo hoo! success in loading up all 8 players in the correct spots on the first try! here's our game link.

Thanks for the info Peri.

Everything is updated on the google drive:

Happy hunting,

Siam

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I want to give a big thank you to everyone involved and the team captains. Not even January yet and everyone got their January matches setup and running. All four matches are up and running!

B-Babies vs. DiscoPantsandHaircuts
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/42056

You Talking to Me vs. Team Beta Fish
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/41803

Turkish Peaches vs. FMTank97
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/42208

IronCardKarmaKill vs. BoyKing at GraveCity
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/41812

And here are the league google doc with standings and schedule.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsfRyhM82eBFc9mIoM_AAX9LpmfwO0iRIkLjyAQDxJg/edit?usp=sharing

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Siam

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
B-Babies got hosed with settings...none on 12D, Ugh...